The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Auto-Sleeper Warwick Duo Modifications 2017+

+40
Dave 418
ledzep4
superkendo
Relaxez-Vous
Bev
Bilbobaggins
RogerThat
v8oholic
CroftBadger
FreelanderUK
gobsmacked
IanH
justlooking
MelB
glyne lock
SallyB
Tinwheeler
Roopert
Sally
hat004
Spospe
Dbvwt
Smithee
daisy mae
GP1069
Windychippy
Mindhyg
Peter Brown
bobby b
rgermain
Gromit
Kemerton-bath
Campievanner
matchlessman
Gillyhar
Vxaero
Paulmold
snow863
inspiredron
jennyandpeter
44 posters

Page 12 of 15 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

Go down

Auto-Sleeper Warwick Duo Modifications 2017+ - Page 12 Empty Re: Auto-Sleeper Warwick Duo Modifications 2017+

Post by SallyB Thu Jul 22, 2021 5:36 am

justlooking wrote:Side Door Stop. I fitted a Stopsy side door stop in a Kemerton XL a while back and it worked well. Fitting was easy - just stuck on with supplied mastic. In my current van I've gone back to basics - a champagne cork on a tell tale that fits into one of the holes in the body under the side door.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Great idea!
SallyB
SallyB
Donator
Donator

Female

Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick duo
Vehicle Year : 2017

Back to top Go down

Auto-Sleeper Warwick Duo Modifications 2017+ - Page 12 Empty Re: Auto-Sleeper Warwick Duo Modifications 2017+

Post by Bev Fri Jul 23, 2021 10:06 pm

We have used a squash ball pushed into the gap which worked well
Bev
Bev

Female

Member Age : 68
Auto-Sleeper Model : None
Vehicle Year : N/a

Back to top Go down

Post by jennyandpeter Tue Aug 03, 2021 10:05 pm

After noticing a smell from the loo I replaced the lip seal today. Fairly straight forward but takes a few hours when cleaning everything.
Needed to cut some wood as the sliding lid did not provide enough leverage, it may have never been apart before. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
 New seal compared to the old one 

Fitted and lubricated with olive oil. Not tested yet.
.[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
jennyandpeter
jennyandpeter

Male

Member Age : 63
Vehicle Year : 2010

RogerThat likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by jennyandpeter Thu Aug 19, 2021 9:23 am

The spindle on our washbasin tap broke while away last week, ordered new parts and was able to remove it by a tip seen on utube. 
Heated a very small screwdriver over the hob pushed into the centre of the broken spindle hold until cool then had enough grip to pull out the remaining shaft. 
 Anyone else with a warwick lubricated the bathroom taps?
jennyandpeter
jennyandpeter

Male

SENTINEL likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by jennyandpeter Sun Aug 22, 2021 9:52 am

Still waiting for the replacement, bit of a pain as the tap was partially open when it broke.
jennyandpeter
jennyandpeter

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by jennyandpeter Tue Aug 24, 2021 9:33 pm

Tap replaced and less stiff after opening and closing fully a number of times, something they normally never do.
 After washing I had a go at the rear camera, the image had been getting slowly worse, had a look at the rear camera and the clear plastic had definitely degraded.
The plastic housing was rather cloudy.
Close up before

And after a good polish with toothpaste. I have some plastic polish but this does the same thing. Picture in the cab while not great as the system is rather poor is much better than it was.
jennyandpeter
jennyandpeter

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Relaxez-Vous Wed Aug 25, 2021 7:17 pm

My thanks jennyandpeter for sharing with us your modifications, you like many others on ASOF have without doubt contributed lots of super suggestions I've been able to take on board. Currently I'm interested in your fridge mod where you've added a fan. I like your simple mounting just with some zip ties. I guess you could have even had two fans if needs be. Where did you take off the power supply for the fan? I think the Theftord kit available for our fridge just uses some Scotchlok type connectors to tap into the 12V low current supply to the fridge.

Previously when we had a Dometic fridge in our previous van we've had no bother in France and Spain however, on our Kemerton XL the sliding door covers the fridge vents, a design flaw I suppose. I'm not so certain that our Thetford fridge could cope under the same circumstances camping there as before.
On the other hand, Covid, Brexit, and the closure of the P&O Hull to Zeebrugge service could mean I don't need to modify our fridge in the near future, our camping will continue to be in the UK for now, boo hoo.
Relaxez-Vous
Relaxez-Vous

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Kemerton XL
Vehicle Year : 2019

Back to top Go down

Post by inspiredron Wed Aug 25, 2021 8:48 pm

Doesn't help with a van conversion but on my Nuevo I took the live feed through a fuse to the step light using a Scotchlok connector.  I was able to fit the fan using a bracket screwed to the side of the fridge housing adjacent to the top vent.  I also wired it through a thermostat with a remote sensor positioned with some stout garden wire just below the top fins that I found on eBay for a few pounds.  It works a treat. This is the unit and it has the advantage that you can adjust the hysteresis (temperature differential between on and off).  When I bought it was only about £3 inc postage from HK.  That was also mounted to the wall of the fridge housing.
I did contribute all the details including photos to a fridge fan topic several years ago but I guess that it bit the dust when the host for photos moved away from Photobucket to ServIMG

Last edited by inspiredron on Thu Aug 26, 2021 12:04 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Changed wording on stat position to correlate with photos.)

Male

Member Age : 83
Auto-Sleeper Model : Lancashire
Vehicle Year : 2012

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Wed Aug 25, 2021 9:13 pm

I used the genuine Dometic fan kit, bought through ebay from USA for half the price in UK. It fastens to the pipework and blows upwards to cool the fins. The thermostat is built into it  and can be positioned along the fins, to the right end (hotter end) if you want it on almost permanently or moved along to the left to make it come on less often. The temperature  is fixed for the thermostat at 30°C.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 73
Auto-Sleeper Model : Sussex Duo

Back to top Go down

Post by RogerThat Wed Aug 25, 2021 9:45 pm

Relaxez-Vous wrote:My thanks jennyandpeter for sharing with us your modifications, you like many others on ASOF have without doubt contributed lots of super suggestions 

I'd like to second that, I do like a good mod allthumbz

Great timing re the discussion on fridge fans, I too have just bought the genuine Thetford kit and will be fitting it soon.

Watched a couple of videos on YouTube on how to fit and I think it's going to be fiddly for sure.  Very limited room to manoeuvre when reaching in through the vent holes eh?  Also unsure where to pick up a 12v feed from at the moment too.

Thanks @paulmold for the tip on simply sliding the thermostatic switch along the pipe in order to tailor the cut-in point! up!
RogerThat
RogerThat
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Stanway
Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down

Post by inspiredron Wed Aug 25, 2021 10:46 pm

Whoops - I did not put in the link to the thermostat which was just as well because in finding it again I found the same product cheaper. Here it is:
Hope that helps
I've also now found the photos that I took in 2014
First photo taken into top vent showing fan and mounting, Second, through bottom vent showing the thermostat and the third shows the location of the thermostat probe suspended just below the top fins (viewed from below with the gas exhaust flue in the top right corner and the fan at top left with the suspending wire from the unused fan fixing holes.  The stat is set at 45C with hysteresis of 2C

It may look somewhat Heath Robinson, but as I said, it has worked very well.  It even alerted me earlier this year to the fact that, when de-winterising the van,  I had forgotten to remove the pieces of vinyl flooring that I fit inside the vents as winter covers. I heard the fan operate when the outside temperature was in the high teens!

Last edited by inspiredron on Thu Aug 26, 2021 12:42 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Added photos and further comments)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Bilbobaggins Thu Aug 26, 2021 8:29 am

jennyandpeter wrote:Charger works well keeping the vehicle battery topped up on solar and mains.

Jobs for today.

Wardrobe has never been the best use of the space as stuff gets piled up in there and the things that need hanging up are too long, so shelves needed to be fitted. 
Why don't autosleeper give this as an option, and supply removable shelves? 

Spare bits of kitchen units with triangular wooden pillars in the corners so it can all be removed without any holes drilled.
Recently shelved the wardrobe in th WXL using 12mm ply and angle brackets. SWMBO has said how much better she felt it was as a use of space on our last trip. Leg for small table still in wardrobe, table top is wrapped in travelling rug until SWMBO makes s cover from a bath towel, site in overcab storage area and wedges nicely with large table, no rattles and very secure.

Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick xl
Vehicle Year : 2014

Back to top Go down

Post by jennyandpeter Thu Aug 26, 2021 5:09 pm

Due to poor design the fridge vent in the warwick duo is lower than the cooling fins of the fridge. Hence our fan extracts air rather than blowing over the cooling fins, think of a desktop pc you need to exchange the air rather than moving it around.
jennyandpeter
jennyandpeter

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Thu Aug 26, 2021 5:23 pm

jennyandpeter wrote:Due to poor design the fridge vent in the warwick duo is lower than the cooling fins of the fridge. Hence our fan extracts air rather than blowing over the cooling fins, think of a desktop pc you need to exchange the air rather than moving it around.
I don't doubt it but have to say our fridge has performed brilliantly since doing the mod. We fitted it after the record breaking temps of 2019 when it couldnt  cope and everything defrosted. We were at Aberystwyth couple months ago when temp hit 30 and it was freezing down fresh food in the icebox and making ice cubes.  This was without ehu.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 73
Auto-Sleeper Model : Sussex Duo

Back to top Go down

Post by RogerThat Thu Aug 26, 2021 9:35 pm

Bilbobaggins wrote:Recently shelved the wardrobe in th WXL using 12mm ply and angle brackets. 

Can you share a picture of said angle brackets please?
RogerThat
RogerThat
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by inspiredron Thu Aug 26, 2021 9:43 pm

jennyandpeter wrote:Due to poor design the fridge vent in the warwick duo is lower than the cooling fins of the fridge. Hence our fan extracts air rather than blowing over the cooling fins, think of a desktop pc you need to exchange the air rather than moving it around.
Precisely - That's exactly whay my mod does - and as I say - it works very well!

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Bilbobaggins Fri Aug 27, 2021 9:16 am

RogerThat wrote:
Bilbobaggins wrote:Recently shelved the wardrobe in th WXL using 12mm ply and angle brackets. 

Can you share a picture of said angle brackets please?
Will do over the weekend, WXL away for a few days with my daughter so can't take pictures today.

Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Bilbobaggins Fri Aug 27, 2021 5:47 pm

Picture as requested.

B&Q 25mm zinc plated corner braces, pack of 20. I have used some of these to strengthen microwave unit.

For shelving two used on each side and two at rear, also used hardboard strips to prevent screw coming through ply.

Don't intend to put large amount of weight on these shelves so feel they are strong enough for our purposes. Probably be used for clothing, towels etc.

Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by RogerThat Sat Aug 28, 2021 1:24 pm

Great!  Thanks for the pic allthumbz
RogerThat
RogerThat
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by jennyandpeter Thu Sep 02, 2021 2:51 pm

Does not seem great but massively better than it was before.
jennyandpeter
jennyandpeter

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by jennyandpeter Sat Sep 04, 2021 3:46 pm

Added a 12v socket to the load on  the controller, timer set so we can either use it as power to the fridge fan or just charge stuff directly from the battery.
jennyandpeter
jennyandpeter

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by jennyandpeter Thu Sep 23, 2021 5:24 pm

Hetty has another new toy, normally I just use a phone but will give the garmin tourer two a try to see how it compares. 
jennyandpeter
jennyandpeter

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by jennyandpeter Tue Sep 28, 2021 9:14 pm

Replaced some of the gas struts today with german 250n ones after one of the ebay 150n ones failed, lifts and stays up now. 

jennyandpeter
jennyandpeter

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by jennyandpeter Tue Sep 28, 2021 9:17 pm

Small thing, but a number of times I have been scratched by the sharp spring clip that holds the bench stay in position. Also the rod can rattle in position.

jennyandpeter
jennyandpeter

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by jennyandpeter Tue Sep 28, 2021 9:19 pm

Replaced by 2 plastic coated ones that hold the rod tight.[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
jennyandpeter
jennyandpeter

Male

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 15 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next