The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2017 Warwick duo

3 posters

Go down

2017 Warwick duo Empty 2017 Warwick duo

Post by SallyB Wed Jul 21, 2021 7:17 pm

When I remove the toilet cassette I can see a small pull spring hanging down. I believe this is the reason I have red indicator displaying on the toilet showing cassette full when it isn't. The thing I cannot find is where the other loose end of the spring attaches. Any help is appreciated.
SallyB
SallyB
Donator
Donator

Female

Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick duo
Vehicle Year : 2017

Back to top Go down

2017 Warwick duo Empty Re: 2017 Warwick duo

Post by PLOUGHLIN Wed Jul 21, 2021 7:50 pm

It has been asked by another in May, but unanswered. Is it like in this thread?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 54
Auto-Sleeper Model : MB Gloucester
Vehicle Year : 2011

Back to top Go down

Post by Kemerton-bath Wed Jul 21, 2021 10:01 pm

I hadn’t spotted the original post in the link above and have now answered it based on a similar experience. The spring assists the lever action and isn’t connected with the cassette-full indication. The latter operates on a magnet attached to a float in the cassette, which activates a reed switch when the level is approaching the full state. The reed switch closes a circuit and lights the red LED.

The most likely explanation for your faulty indicator is the float arm being stuck in the “full” position. It’s time to don your Marigolds and clean the cassette interior thoroughly. If you don’t fancy that you can purchase a Thetford “freshen up” kit comprising a new cassette and seat/lid.

Tim

1996 - Autosleeper Symphony   2010 - Autosleeper Symbol    2018 - Autosleeper Kemerton   2023 - Autosleeper Kemerton XL (Fiat)
Kemerton-bath
Kemerton-bath
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 65
Auto-Sleeper Model : Kemerton XL (Fiat)
Vehicle Year : 2020

Back to top Go down

Post by SallyB Thu Jul 22, 2021 4:01 am

PLOUGHLIN wrote:It has been asked by another in May, but unanswered. Is it like in this thread?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Yes that's it exactly. Think it must connect to the protruding part of the bent rod. Will hook it up tomorrow and see if it helps the return action of the shutter, at the moment the shutter does not return automatically but needs to be manually closed, maybe that is why?
I shall give the float a clean when I fit the new seal. Becoming a bit too involved with the loo.🤢

Last edited by SallyB on Thu Jul 22, 2021 4:04 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : speaking chicken intervention or spelling checker intervention????)
SallyB
SallyB
Donator
Donator

Female

Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick duo
Vehicle Year : 2017

Back to top Go down

Post by Kemerton-bath Thu Jul 22, 2021 8:45 am

To clarify, the lever won’t return automatically, you’ll always need to do that manually even with the spring connected. But with the spring assistance you’ll need slightly less oomph to operate it.

Tim

1996 - Autosleeper Symphony   2010 - Autosleeper Symbol    2018 - Autosleeper Kemerton   2023 - Autosleeper Kemerton XL (Fiat)
Kemerton-bath
Kemerton-bath
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 65
Auto-Sleeper Model : Kemerton XL (Fiat)
Vehicle Year : 2020

Back to top Go down