The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Auto-Sleeper Warwick Duo Modifications 2017+

+40
Dave 418
ledzep4
superkendo
Relaxez-Vous
Bev
Bilbobaggins
RogerThat
v8oholic
CroftBadger
FreelanderUK
gobsmacked
IanH
justlooking
MelB
glyne lock
SallyB
Tinwheeler
Roopert
Sally
hat004
Spospe
Dbvwt
Smithee
daisy mae
GP1069
Windychippy
Mindhyg
Peter Brown
bobby b
rgermain
Gromit
Kemerton-bath
Campievanner
matchlessman
Gillyhar
Vxaero
Paulmold
snow863
inspiredron
jennyandpeter
44 posters

Page 7 of 15 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 11 ... 15  Next

Go down

Auto-Sleeper Warwick Duo Modifications 2017+ - Page 7 Empty Re: Auto-Sleeper Warwick Duo Modifications 2017+

Post by Guest Wed Mar 27, 2019 9:15 pm

Yes
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Auto-Sleeper Warwick Duo Modifications 2017+ - Page 7 Empty Re: Auto-Sleeper Warwick Duo Modifications 2017+

Post by jennyandpeter Wed Apr 03, 2019 9:27 pm

Replaced the flush pump in the thetford yesterday, fairly straight forward only problem is getting it back in position as the pipe is quite tight.
jennyandpeter
jennyandpeter

Male

Member Age : 63
Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by jennyandpeter Tue Apr 23, 2019 1:21 pm

After a week away on the south coast a few things needed doing 
The inner bathroom door laminate had started to come away so glued with waterproof wood glue applied with a lolly stick. 
Auto-Sleeper Warwick Duo Modifications 2017+ - Page 7 DUPSgQt
Much better 
Sliding door trim had lost a screw in a difficult place to replace so i did up all of the ones I could get to and in the top rear corner applied 3m double sided tape. I tried this before but it did not stick to the material this time I added it directly to the ply sheet. 
Auto-Sleeper Warwick Duo Modifications 2017+ - Page 7 LezmKU6
jennyandpeter
jennyandpeter

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by jennyandpeter Wed Apr 24, 2019 2:31 pm

Control panel 
Our current one had a issue with the panel face over the on off button.
 Auto-Sleeper Warwick Duo Modifications 2017+ - Page 7 Qpec9iA
So I purchased a new one, worried that they were not the same as almost no parts compared with the old one.
 Auto-Sleeper Warwick Duo Modifications 2017+ - Page 7 BoWOXTH
New one installed. Lights are a brighter all seems well so far there is an audio alarm due to the water being empty when turning on the water pump. 
Auto-Sleeper Warwick Duo Modifications 2017+ - Page 7 KmXe4hV
jennyandpeter
jennyandpeter

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Brown Wed Apr 24, 2019 4:18 pm

I thought I'd try and work out additional functionality in the new one by examining the components but when I zoom in they are very blurred, I think from camera shake. Don't bother taking it out again but you may come across some other additional warning sounds.
Peter Brown
Peter Brown
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper Model : Broadway EB
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by jennyandpeter Wed Apr 24, 2019 4:32 pm

Yes it is in the install instructions. I may get annoyed by the beeping though...

4.2.1 Audible Warnings
The revision 2 control panels now include an audible warning.
If the leisure or vehicle battery warnings are triggered (see 3.4.C) a beeper will sound to draw your
attention to the problem. The beeper and the warning can be cancelled by pressing any button. To
avoid any warning becoming a nuisance it will only be delivered once whilst the power remains on.
The warning will be reactivated when the power has been off and then turned on again.
On EC51 control panels, if the pump is turned on and the fresh water level falls below ¼ a beeper will
sound to draw your attention to the problem. The beeper and the warning can be cancelled by
pressing any button. If the pump is turned on and the waste tank becomes full a beeper will sound to
draw your attention to the problem. The beeper and the warning can be cancelled by pressing any
button. To avoid any warning becoming a nuisance it will only be delivered once whilst the pump
remains on. The warning will be reactivated when the pump has been off and then turned on again.
jennyandpeter
jennyandpeter

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sally Wed Apr 24, 2019 4:46 pm

Hi Peter - slight change of subject, but when you did your first mod to a mod and upgraded to 250N gas struts on the near side bench seat , do you remember the make or model of the strut? I want to do the same but the choice is mind blowing.
Many thanks
Sally
Sally
Sally

Female

Auto-Sleeper Model : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2011

Back to top Go down

Post by jennyandpeter Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:40 am

I got these ones [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] but no longer available but anything similar will do.
jennyandpeter
jennyandpeter

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sally Thu Apr 25, 2019 12:58 pm

jennyandpeter wrote:I got these ones [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] but no longer available but anything similar will do.
That’s great thank you. Just the info I need.
Sally
Sally

Female

Vehicle Year : 2011

Back to top Go down

Post by jennyandpeter Fri Apr 26, 2019 11:08 am

We are off to the Peterborough show tonight for the weekend if anyone else is there come and say hello. We will be in the caravan and motorhome section camping.
jennyandpeter
jennyandpeter

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by jennyandpeter Wed May 01, 2019 1:54 pm

After a rather windy peterborough show decided to clean the roof used a small brush to get into the areas by the awning 
Auto-Sleeper Warwick Duo Modifications 2017+ - Page 7 Jx7a3v6
Much better, as a precaution I will re seal around the roof lights.

Auto-Sleeper Warwick Duo Modifications 2017+ - Page 7 V1RNhdj
jennyandpeter
jennyandpeter

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by jennyandpeter Thu May 02, 2019 11:17 am

Just ordered a 100W solar panel and a MPPT charge controller from China so it will take 5 weeks to arrive. I could not find a UK supplier that had a suitable size panel plus they were a lot more expensive.
jennyandpeter
jennyandpeter

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Spospe Thu May 02, 2019 3:56 pm

Following bad experiences with warranty issues and quality, I will not order anything from a company which does not have a verifiable UK address.

Sorry if that sounds like a damp squib, but once bitten, twice shy. The distance and the language and the culture make it a no-no for me.
Spospe
Spospe
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 80
Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick Duo
Vehicle Year : 2014

Back to top Go down

Post by jennyandpeter Thu May 02, 2019 4:15 pm

True but almost all those sort of parts you purchase come from there anyway, plus if it does not work I can get a refund via paypal. 
The closest photonicuniverse kit ( with the same MPPT controller ) was 3 times the cost.  I will let you know how it goes.
jennyandpeter
jennyandpeter

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by jennyandpeter Sun May 12, 2019 2:13 pm

Solar panel has arrived about a month early but not the controller yet.
After fitting a new flush pump the seal around the loo needed redoing.
Before

Auto-Sleeper Warwick Duo Modifications 2017+ - Page 7 FGOc5gX

After

Auto-Sleeper Warwick Duo Modifications 2017+ - Page 7 GODLLCd

Most of the time was taken by removing the old stuff with a plastic scraper 

The corners of the washroom needed redoing as well.
jennyandpeter
jennyandpeter

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by hat004 Sun May 12, 2019 3:21 pm

Hi
Can you please tell me how you removed the EC51 control panel from the mounting? Also where did you buy the new control panel from?
hat004

Male

Member Age : 71

Back to top Go down

Post by Roopert Sun May 12, 2019 3:56 pm

jennyandpeter wrote:Just ordered a 100W solar panel and a MPPT charge controller from China

Just a warning from personal experience: the Chinese suppliers may be good at packaging 1000 solar panels to go inside a shipping container, but they are not (in my experience) so good at packaging them individually - so it's a good idea to inspect the packaging carefully when it arrives. Mine had obviously been stepped on (from the big imprint of a Size 9 in the middle of the outer packaging) and was bent when it got to me.

By coincidence, the bend almost exactly matched the curve of the roof that it went on, and the large dent in the middle hardly shows. And it works perfectly - but I suspect that many people won't be so lucky!

Fortunately a lot of them are now mounted on a plastic underlying sheet which tends to bounce back, but mine was aluminium, which does not!
Roopert
Roopert

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Trooper
Vehicle Year : 2005

Back to top Go down

Post by rgermain Sun May 12, 2019 4:55 pm

jennyandpeter wrote:Solar panel has arrived about a month early but not the controller yet.
After fitting a new flush pump the seal around the loo needed redoing.
Before

Auto-Sleeper Warwick Duo Modifications 2017+ - Page 7 FGOc5gX

After

Auto-Sleeper Warwick Duo Modifications 2017+ - Page 7 GODLLCd

Most of the time was taken by removing the old stuff with a plastic scraper 

The corners of the washroom needed redoing as well.

Great looking job with the mastic. Now mine has had the same problem since new and has been resealed by dealer 3 times but still ends up splitting.

Can you tell me what make of mastic you used please as I am sure others on here have the same problem?

Hope it lasts this time, I was told it was due to flexing and vibration issues, surly there must be a product that lasts.
----------
Richard
rgermain
rgermain
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 77
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Post by jennyandpeter Sun May 12, 2019 5:20 pm

Ec51 the outer trim just pops off with a bit of levering there is a slot each end. Then 2 screws the panel is £70 odd pounds from sergeant but I got mine foe £40 on ebay.
Solar panel seemed fine on delivery will test in in the week. 
I used unibond bathroom sealer as we had some, will see how it lasts.
jennyandpeter
jennyandpeter

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by hat004 Sun May 12, 2019 5:34 pm

Thanks for the EC51 info.
With regard to a sealer you might want to try CT 1 sealer. It's amazing stuff it's a sealer as well as an adhesive that stays flexible. It can also be used in wet conditions.
hat004

Male

Member Age : 71

Back to top Go down

Post by rgermain Sun May 12, 2019 6:02 pm

Note made of the sealer used thank you all.
----------
Richard
rgermain
rgermain
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 77
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Sun May 12, 2019 6:17 pm

The sealer around our toilet was coming away from the wall. We had only had the van about 9 months and had it resealed by the dealer before taking delivery. I didn't want to buy a tube of expensive sealant, use a tiny amount and chuck it a couple of months later as once opened it goes off, so I happened to be in Home Bargains and saw a slim tube of adhesive/sealant for 99p. Gave it a go and six months later it's holding really well, no signs of cracking or discoloration.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 73

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinwheeler Sun May 12, 2019 7:03 pm

Our seal is the same. The wall vibrates when travelling so, inevitably, the sealant cracks away.

It sounds like your version might be more flexible, Paul.
Tinwheeler
Tinwheeler
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : None
Vehicle Year : None

Back to top Go down

Post by jennyandpeter Mon Jun 03, 2019 2:57 pm

One of the hinges of the freezer compartment had snapped so ordered a replacement [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] £16 at the time but now £26.49 ? 
I removed the spring, as one seems plenty and keeps the door closed. This makes it easier to open.
jennyandpeter
jennyandpeter

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by jennyandpeter Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:01 am

Water gauge now works, we half filled the tank and drove around for the weekend seems to have cured it.
Plans in the near future include fitting solar panel 

Auto-Sleeper Warwick Duo Modifications 2017+ - Page 7 S8wYaGY
Under test. 

Also browsing ebay I found these, Silver screen Internal Rear Door Insulated Pads.

Auto-Sleeper Warwick Duo Modifications 2017+ - Page 7 DmpQmIr

More to keep the heat and light out but nicely made and only £16 delivered.
jennyandpeter
jennyandpeter

Male

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 15 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 11 ... 15  Next