The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Towbar 2016 Auto-sleeper Warwick XL

4 posters

Go down

Towbar 2016 Auto-sleeper Warwick XL  Empty Towbar 2016 Auto-sleeper Warwick XL

Post by Joefox Mon Jul 20, 2020 6:12 pm

Hello I have been looking for a Towbar kit for my Warwick XL I found a post but I’m a newbie to this forum and can’t find scratch head anyone who can advise me would be brilliant thank you
Joefox
Joefox

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Auto-sleeper
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Towbar 2016 Auto-sleeper Warwick XL  Empty Re: Towbar 2016 Auto-sleeper Warwick XL

Post by AutoSleepy_Don Mon Jul 20, 2020 6:31 pm

I have a 2017 Warwick Duo, I'm planning to get the Peugeot towbar (from the main dealer) at my next service.
AutoSleepy_Don
AutoSleepy_Don

Male

Member Age : 62
Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick Duo
Vehicle Year : 2017

Back to top Go down

Towbar 2016 Auto-sleeper Warwick XL  Empty Re: Towbar 2016 Auto-sleeper Warwick XL

Post by kaspian Mon Jul 20, 2020 6:42 pm

Hi Joe , you are a week too late just sold my bar that was only weeks old when removed .  Best retailer I have dealt with for years is PF Jones  they have a easy to access/ navigate  website, are extremely helpful if you have issues or need help  and delivery is mostly next day  . Fitting the bar is ridiculously easy , wiring lights  more challenging but not overly so. Access to rear lights via the panels above each sofa. I did not use a dedicated wiring kit with this bar and bought a bypass relay instead due to ease of access to lights etc.Saves a fair bit of cash that way.  All easy to fit and reliable.
kaspian

Male

Member Age : 64
Auto-Sleeper Model : WARWICK XL

Back to top Go down

Post by Joefox Tue Jul 21, 2020 8:38 am

Hello thank you for the prompt reply’s very helpful I’ll contact PF Jones today I’ll let you know how I get on I’ve fitted tow bar to my old Motorhome so should be ok lolflag

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by rgermain Tue Jul 21, 2020 8:58 am

2nd PF JONES. smile!

You then have to fit it!

I have also used a local, to us, towbar fitter with no problem.
-----------
Richard
rgermain
rgermain
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 77
Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick duo
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Post by Joefox Sat Aug 08, 2020 3:18 pm

Thank you for all the reply’s it’s now fitted hugegrins  next is 7 pin electric do I use a dedicated kit or I have a complaint relay advise most welcome
Joefox
Joefox

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by rgermain Sat Aug 08, 2020 7:06 pm

Local towbar fitting center did mine in about 1 hr at £135 inc new number plate. I had a 13 pin fitted and they put the relay box near the fuse panel by the drivers door, ran 13 core in conduit under the van. 

Seeing the cost of dedicated kits, I know I made the correct choice.
----------
Richard
rgermain
rgermain
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by kaspian Sat Aug 08, 2020 10:08 pm

I fitted a relay box to my Warwick XL. I have used both dedicated wiring kits ( expensive ) and  relay boxes  many times in the past. Box was mounted in the near side rear light cluster area. You can pick up an earth there and light connections are accessible from there . That way you only need a single +12v permanent live double Insulated  cable from the front of the van not a 13 wire multicore   cable . I passed this under the van , cable strapping it to wiring looms etc and used a bit of flexible conduit for the last 3 feet from axle to  grommet below the light cluster ( under bumper) , fused at the  battery. Then you need a small link cable passed from the grommet on the near side to the one on the offside under the bumper to connect the box to the lights on the offside. This can be strapped to the bar itself. A professional finish and no need for a 13 core cable from front to back. Lights are accessed by removing the panels inside rear corners and then the light clusters  themselves by removing  the large 17mm ? Nuts from the rear holding them in position. It really is quite an easy job.    
     Since fitting I found out that there  may  be a 12v perm live already in position at the rear lights from the Sargent fuse box on the floor behind the drivers seat , may be worth investigating first.
kaspian

Male

Member Age : 64
Auto-Sleeper Model : WARWICK XL

Back to top Go down

Post by Joefox Sat Aug 29, 2020 3:41 pm

Brilliant all reply’s very helpful all fitted and working great

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by rgermain Sat Aug 29, 2020 3:54 pm

Joefox wrote:Brilliant all reply’s very helpful all fitted and working great
Might help others if we knew where it was bought, fitted and wiring, just a thought.
---------
Richard
rgermain
rgermain
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down