The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2017 Warwick Duo

+3
IanH
Paulmold
SallyB
7 posters

Go down

2017 Warwick Duo Empty 2017 Warwick Duo

Post by SallyB Tue Jul 20, 2021 2:27 pm

1/ external Whale pump EP1612 pump, should this cut out after filling the onboard tank then restart as the level of the main tank is used?
Or is it purely for refilling onboard tank.
2/ Toilet cubicle stinks of wee it seems to let by somewhere but unable find where the cassette compartment sumps usually contain liquid on inspection.
3/Sunny day leisure battery showing 100% vehicle 90& and on hook up, over door panel shows no solar charge and zero amps.I this correct? Does the solar controller shut down when batteries are full?.
SallyB
SallyB
Donator
Donator

Female

Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick duo
Vehicle Year : 2017

Back to top Go down

2017 Warwick Duo Empty Re: 2017 Warwick Duo

Post by Paulmold Tue Jul 20, 2021 2:51 pm

2 - new main seal required (where blade opens).

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 73
Auto-Sleeper Model : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by IanH Tue Jul 20, 2021 3:38 pm

3 Re solar, it could be, but mine never goes to zero, just to run the solar controller takes 0.3A or so,  only way to find out is disconnect EHU, use LB to give it a load, TV, all lights?
Turn on ign to operate engine heater plugs, only needs a few seconds, don't start engine
Now see what solar is doing...........
IanH
IanH
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Executive
Vehicle Year : 2002

Back to top Go down

Post by rgermain Tue Jul 20, 2021 3:42 pm

2 sit down when you wee hugegrins
----------
Richard
rgermain
rgermain
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 77
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Post by gef Wed Jul 21, 2021 6:59 am

Are you aware loo seat lifts off for cleaning one of my jobs
gef

Male

Member Age : 80
Vehicle Year : 2019

Back to top Go down

Post by SallyB Wed Jul 21, 2021 9:40 am

Paulmold wrote:2 - new main seal required (where blade opens).

I have inspected the seal and it is undamaged, flexible.and proud of the surface.I had changed the seal last year in an effort to sort this issue so I think the problem is the fit between the cassette and the pan. Today I found the shower tray wet with urine again. I filled the pan with some water, flap closed, and watched the level slowly drop and the fluid appeared in the shower tray. Opening the outer door I find I can lift the cassette about an 1/8th or slightly more possibly indicating a misfit?
With the cassette in place and feeling around the mating surface it seems OK.
Has anyone had an issue like this or any ideas as to a fix.
SallyB
SallyB
Donator
Donator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by SallyB Wed Jul 21, 2021 9:43 am

IanH wrote:3 Re solar, it could be, but mine never goes to zero, just to run the solar controller takes 0.3A or so,  only way to find out is disconnect EHU, use LB to give it a load, TV, all lights?
Turn on ign to operate engine heater plugs, only needs a few seconds, don't start engine
Now see what solar is doing...........
Thanks, I did as you suggested and the panel indicates a charge from the panel. Thanks for the suggestion.
Now just the cassette issue!!
SallyB
SallyB
Donator
Donator

Female

IanH likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by gef Wed Jul 21, 2021 9:46 am

Are you sure the first flap under the cassette has not picked up and is now behind the cassette. What you describe happened to use and that was the reason
gef

Male

Member Age : 80
Vehicle Year : 2019

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Wed Jul 21, 2021 10:10 am

Are you sure you fitted correct seal? There are two different ones, one for pre 2000 and one after. I had leak into the recess under cassette and it was cured by new seal even though old one looked ok .

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 73
Auto-Sleeper Model : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by Boots Wed Jul 21, 2021 3:55 pm

Hi Miss S,

If it continues I suggest putting food dye in the water and hopefully it will leave a line when its run through and that may help trace where its running from/too.

I have used this method to trace many leakes and with a high rate of success.

HTH

Boots
Boots
Boots

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Rienza
Vehicle Year : 2005

Millie The Moocher likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by SallyB Wed Jul 21, 2021 7:14 pm

Hi Paul, yes definitely the correct seal 23721 or something like that came from Jacksons leisure and ordered on the phone so I am sure it is correct.
Today I had a chance to check it out more thoroughly and found the reason I cannot get rid of the smell is it has accumulated in a tray ( part of the shower tray?) that sits under the install. At the door end this tray has been cut level with the bottom meaning anything caught by that ray will eventually, when driving or entering/exiting the vehicle, migrate to the door end where the tray has been cut. So this means that the wee is now under the catch tray. All I could do to remedy this was using a insectcide sprayer inject a bleach solution and hope it does out, I also sealed the gap between the cassette access door wall and the cassette housing to stop anything getting through that way.
As to the sealing between the pan and the cassette, having removed the slider from the cassette I was able to see the seal between the cassette and the pan flange. While there is a seal it is very slight with the li hardly touching the flange. Filling the bowl I could see a slight trickle getting past the seal. The solution I found was to use a lino offcut and U shape that to raise the whole cassette and so ensure a tighter fit between the seal and the cassette. This seems to have solved the problem. I have ordered another seal and will fit this after removing the lino and see if this makes a difference. I have posted a separate question re the indicator light mechanism as this has always shown red. Many thanks to you guys for all your helpful suggestions.

Last edited by SallyB on Wed Jul 21, 2021 7:22 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spell checker changing words to make no sense, blooming thing!)
SallyB
SallyB
Donator
Donator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by FreelanderUK Wed Jul 21, 2021 7:26 pm

See if you can get hold of Autosmart biobrisk it's excellent for smells like this, I used it in a bathroom where a person had died and been there for a number of weeks, it's a biological cleaner and deodoriser

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick XL
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by SallyB Thu Jul 22, 2021 4:06 am

FreelanderUK wrote:See if you can get hold of Autosmart biobrisk it's excellent for smells like this, I used it in a bathroom where a person had died and been there for a number of weeks, it's a biological cleaner and deodoriser
Crickey!
SallyB
SallyB
Donator
Donator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by SallyB Sun Jul 25, 2021 11:21 am

Quick update.On manoeuvres in St Michaels and pleased to report a victory!
The bleach squirted into the catch tray seems to have taken care of the smell and the loo no longer leaks. I have had a new seal delivered and will swop this over when I get home. I will measure before and after seal hight relative to the cassette top and pop the reading on forum, maybe be useful to know.
SallyB
SallyB
Donator
Donator

Female

FreelanderUK likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by SallyB Sat Aug 14, 2021 1:50 pm

Well, I haven't changed the seal as everything is performing as it should.
So if your loo leaks try putting a couple of strips of vinyl onto the cassette wheel track,, mine came from a thin flexible food cutting mat about 1/8 thick. Not a drop now and always a dry cassette too.
I notice the far end of the cassette housing has been cut off I suspect this has not helped the integrity of the housing much.
P.S. I also sealed the door end of the housing with silicone in case there is another spill it cannot seep under the housing at that end now.
SallyB
SallyB
Donator
Donator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by SallyB Sat Aug 14, 2021 1:57 pm

P.P.S. In answer to my first question, yes, the Whale pump does switch off when the on board tank is filled then maintains the OB tank until the external is empty, however the Whale will not switch off when the external is empty it will just run until it burns out. censored!
SallyB
SallyB
Donator
Donator

Female

Back to top Go down