The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Weather

+16
BobK
nuevoboy
Angleseygirl
Tinwheeler
Cymro
Beetee
Peter Brown
IanH
Askit
Bilbobaggins
Dave Gee
groundhog
burlingtonboaby
Paulmold
Monty-Plym
Dave 418
20 posters

Page 16 of 40 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 28 ... 40  Next

Go down

Weather - Page 16 Empty Re: Weather

Post by groundhog Tue Dec 12, 2023 10:29 am

Sunshine, showers and bruises this morning, a day for a bit of admin and having a sort out in the garage.
12 degrees so still warm, looks like a wet and windy Christmas from the long range forecast.
Have a great day all. allthumbz
groundhog
groundhog
Donator
Donator

Auto-Sleeper Model : Worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by burlingtonboaby Tue Dec 12, 2023 12:14 pm

Heavy rain and thick sea fret/har , really miserable day here, managed out in the wee car to put fresh flowers on parents headstone.
Have a nice day, sorry to hear your car failed test GH, hope you get it back before you wear your shoes out.
Boaby
burlingtonboaby
burlingtonboaby
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 75
Auto-Sleeper Model : Devon Firefly
Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave Gee Wed Dec 13, 2023 7:00 am

5 degrees and damp this morning but at least it isn't raining (yet..).  Forecast is for sunny spells later on.
Dave Gee
Dave Gee

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick XL

Back to top Go down

Post by Bilbobaggins Wed Dec 13, 2023 8:19 am

5 degrees and light drizzle when I was out earlier, but clear sky to South and east, forecast dry.

Management had routine eye test yesterday and came home distraught having been told she has cataracts in both eyes. Working through treatment options, waiting list for Ninewells hospital about 9 months, plain lenses inserted and by that time deterioration could mean she can't drive until operation done, one eye done at a time and glasses still needed. Alternative is pay for private in Aberdeen, six week wait, both eyes at same time and upgraded lenses possible that mean no more glasses. Cost would be similar to top end two week cruise for both of us, and we don't cruise. Fortunate to be in position to be able to choose and afford Aberdeen option. More discussions today I think.

This aging lark has its down sides. Have a good day.

Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick xl
Vehicle Year : 2014

Back to top Go down

Post by Askit Wed Dec 13, 2023 8:37 am

I got a similar diagnosis last week BB, just the one eye for me. Current waiting list is about a year in this bit of the world but I may look at whether there are other options. It looks like my prescription will remain unchanged thereafter.

Dry and 4°c this morning, no rain on the forecast for a change. Off to get my new specs this morning (should have been two pairs but one failed quality control Whistle1 )

Take it easy folks

Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Neuvo EK LP
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Post by burlingtonboaby Wed Dec 13, 2023 12:51 pm

Heavy rain showers throughout the day, not really any point in getting soaked, so it’s very short donders to get Tag his ablutions.
Have a nice day !hope the eyeballs are fine Tony,Bb.  oh_blast!
Boaby
burlingtonboaby
burlingtonboaby
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by groundhog Wed Dec 13, 2023 8:19 pm

Bilbobaggins wrote:5 degrees and light drizzle when I was out earlier, but clear sky to South and east, forecast dry.

Management had routine eye test yesterday and came home distraught having been told she has cataracts in both eyes. Working through treatment options, waiting list for Ninewells hospital about 9 months, plain lenses inserted and by that time deterioration could mean she can't drive until operation done, one eye done at a time and glasses still needed. Alternative is pay for private in Aberdeen, six week wait, both eyes at same time and upgraded lenses possible that mean no more glasses. Cost would be similar to top end two week cruise for both of us, and we don't cruise. Fortunate to be in position to be able to choose and afford Aberdeen option. More discussions today I think.

This aging lark has its down sides. Have a good day.
As far as I am concerned having the cataracts done was one of the best things that ever happened to me. Suddenly from being very short sighted I had near 20/20 vision and saw colours like never before! Sorry management is having short term pain but assure her I found the operation a massive long term gain. Cheap it isn't but if you can afford it just do it.

Been a pretty soggy old day today, plenty of the wet stuff but fortunately dry when we went to get the now repaired car back. Wet on the workshop floor though but that was just my tears when I saw the bill. 

Have a great evening all. allthumbz
groundhog
groundhog
Donator
Donator

Back to top Go down

Post by Bilbobaggins Thu Dec 14, 2023 7:10 am

4 degrees and promise of a dry day.

Christmas tree put up yesterday, had to resort back to artificial a couple of years ago as no2 daughter has asthma triggered by real trees in confined space and management would rather house was accessible,  quite sensibly.  

Think this will be last year for this tree as several bits either fell off or were very loose yesterday. Looking at the box we bought it in 1996 when we moved into this house so have probably had our monies worth and minimised carbon footprint even though we didn't know what that was when we bought it christmastree

Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick xl
Vehicle Year : 2014

Back to top Go down

Post by Askit Thu Dec 14, 2023 9:08 am

7°c here and dry after a windy and wet night. Rain should stay off for most of today, which is good. We're heading into town, on public transport, to have lunch with friends. So no shopping for us today, incidentally, I wonder who the supermarkets employ to ensure you get a rotten satsuma in every bag Whistle1

Our tree went up at the weekend, it's a 6ft artificial one too. We had our last one for about 20 years and it was still in good nick when it got " dispatched" winks The problem was, it stood over 8ft tall and weighed a ton, it just got too much for us to wrangle shrugg

Take care folks

Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by groundhog Thu Dec 14, 2023 10:51 am

Enjoy your lunch Tony! No real trees here either, I do have the fun of getting no fewer than 5 trees down from the attic each year though which are spread around in various rooms. Drew the line at outdoor lights this year and gave them away.
Just a grey day today, light rain about but mainly dry and mild. Not much planned for the day, might have a little drive around tonight to see the local christmas lights.... it wont take long hugegrins
Have a great day all allthumbz  Weather - Page 16 1f332
groundhog
groundhog
Donator
Donator

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave Gee Thu Dec 14, 2023 11:45 am

8 degrees and sunny at the moment and forecast is for it to stay that way for most of the day.  Don't have a tree now, the cat decided a couple of years ago it was a wrecking ball and pulled it down on top of everything.

Enjoy public transport and lunch Tony.
Dave Gee
Dave Gee

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by burlingtonboaby Thu Dec 14, 2023 1:03 pm

Turned out nice now after a miserable start to the day, forecasted to get drier as the day goes on.
Have a nice day.
Boaby
burlingtonboaby
burlingtonboaby
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by burlingtonboaby Fri Dec 15, 2023 7:09 am

Dry night with some patchy fog, hopefully be a nice day.
Take care if your on the road or heading for work.
Boaby
burlingtonboaby
burlingtonboaby
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Askit Fri Dec 15, 2023 8:43 am

8°c this morning and should stay mainly dry but the forecast suggests some cloud and the potential of occasional showers. Shopping day for us, should be quiet eh Whistle1

Enjoyed our day in the city, good atmosphere with office parties and an unbelievable number of overseas visitors. It didn't start well however. The only seat left on the bus was beside a man of generous proportions. When negotiating my way into it, I failed to notice that the arm rest had been left pointing up and it scored a bullseye on my Coccyx confused0 Not all bad news, a couple inches was the difference between extreme pain and needing to call Fire and Rescue snigger

Donator
Donator

Male

groundhog likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by groundhog Fri Dec 15, 2023 9:44 am

Back from the early shop, dark when we left home but dry for once. Promising start to the day, blue skies a little light cloud and 10 degrees. After coffee it is back to the offending tree but this time I will be attacking it from ground level to about 8 feet where I can reach, it will soon grow back I am sure!
 Have a great day all allthumbz
groundhog
groundhog
Donator
Donator

Back to top Go down

Post by burlingtonboaby Fri Dec 15, 2023 9:53 am

Ground frost came down around dawn ,leaving roads and pavements slippery, suns out but not much heat from it.
Have a nice day.
Boaby
burlingtonboaby
burlingtonboaby
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Fri Dec 15, 2023 9:58 am

8° here, rising to 10 , cloudy but zero chance of rain today according to phone app.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 73
Auto-Sleeper Model : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave Gee Fri Dec 15, 2023 10:15 am

Same as Tony here - 8 degrees and overcast.  Shopping day for us too so looking forward to that....
Dave Gee
Dave Gee

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Askit Sat Dec 16, 2023 8:29 am

Morning all, heady 11°c right now with a stiff breeze blowing. There are exceptionally dark clouds tracking across the sky so, although the forecast is mainly dry, I think we're in for some heavy showers today. Plan for today is repairing our old Sony speakers, that should be fun.

Take care all

Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by burlingtonboaby Sat Dec 16, 2023 10:28 am

Nice starlite walk with Tag earlier, heading of to the big toon dealership (Kia) to replace the pollen filter.
Have a nice weekend ,it's nice and sunny,mild at 12 degrees
Boaby
burlingtonboaby
burlingtonboaby
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave 418 Sat Dec 16, 2023 12:29 pm

A lovely bright start and not too chilly for our walk. One of muttlies friends had a new winter jacket on but he wasn’t in the mode for socializing. She is lovely little dog but has got too much bounce for an old dog. He would prefer to get back home to do some more sleeping.
The guy that walks her said it’s his daughters dog. He started walking her a couple of times a week but enjoys being out every day meeting other dog walkers so it’s a full time job now. I have always found most dog walkers will stop and socialize even if the dogs ignore each other. walkies
Dave 418
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 69
Auto-Sleeper Model : Rienza
Vehicle Year : 2005

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave Gee Sat Dec 16, 2023 12:55 pm

10 degrees here with a bit of light drizzle.  Overcast and looks like it will stay this way for most of the day.  Nothing to do and all day to do it today as well....
Dave Gee
Dave Gee

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by groundhog Sat Dec 16, 2023 1:31 pm

12 degrees and overcast,finished pollarding the Acer tree this morning and topped a couple of Holly bushes now just to take it all down the tip. Siesta time after lunch so the tip can wait until tomorrow.
Have a great day all
groundhog
groundhog
Donator
Donator

Back to top Go down

Post by burlingtonboaby Sat Dec 16, 2023 1:32 pm

Turned out a beautiful day here, wife has 2 wash loads out, Scarborough road very busy with Christmas shoppers heading out for their messages
Amazing the difference a new pollen filter has on the performance of the air con and heater, wondered way the inside of the car was all misted up in the morning, the old filter was dirty and wet ??, not changed at the last service, anyway all good now.
Boaby
burlingtonboaby
burlingtonboaby
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Askit Sun Dec 17, 2023 8:35 am

Easy one to describe this morning, mild at 11°c but windy and pouring down. That's it on for today with no let up expected. In the process of repairing our old Sony hifi speakers so that will keep me busy today.

Take care folks

Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 40 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 28 ... 40  Next