The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Weather

+16
Sally
Paramedic
Beetee
FreelanderUK
steamdrivenandy
BobK
Suppersready
Tinwheeler
Askit
IanH
Dave 418
groundhog
Peter Brown
Paulmold
burlingtonboaby
Bilbobaggins
20 posters

Page 12 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next

Go down

Weather - Page 12 Empty Re: Weather

Post by Dave 418 Tue Mar 30, 2021 8:26 am

Another bright if a bit chilly start this morning. The two male blackbirds were in full song at five this morning. Just as I dozed off again sister in law in Australia did the message thing through my I pad. She never has got the time difference. She kept saying "Your clocks are wrong its not half past five its afternoon tea time". Her son and daughter have been  telling her about the time difference for years but she cant  get it sorted. 
No matter we are going to look at a couple of dogs to replace muttly max this afternoon. The faff to get this far has been silly. Filled in forms for four re homing centres. We have had to sent pictures of the garden and make a video of the fences to make sure the garden is secure. Also we have had to have a reference check done through the vets that looked after muttly. 
It would be nice to find another dog before we start our travels again on the 12th of April.   walkies
Dave 418
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 69
Auto-Sleeper Model : Rienza
Vehicle Year : 2005

Back to top Go down

Post by Askit Tue Mar 30, 2021 8:28 am

Dry start here and quite mild, 13c outside and a balmy 15c inside tap_fingers Glad Tag is doing ok, maybe he needs tackety boots to go with the wellies biggrin

Good luck with your search Dave, hope you get fixed up soon up!

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 75
Auto-Sleeper Model : Neuvo EK LP
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Post by Askit Tue Mar 30, 2021 9:09 am

groundhog wrote:I shall never understand this English or is it Scottish language, think I might learn Welsh see if I do any better. confused3

Nice shots of Falmouth on this mornings BBC news, see you have blue skies allthumbz

Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by groundhog Tue Mar 30, 2021 9:13 am

Hope you find the dog of your dreams Dave, good luck!

Sun is really starting to break through nicely, off to the North Coast today though judging by the Gwithian webcam the car park is almost full and that is before 9am! BBC news this morning telling everyone what a great place Falmouth and the surrounding areas are to live, c'mon down etc. Thanks a lot guys, enough people here already, property is selling for stupid prices almost before it goes on the market in the popular places.

Looks like a cracking day ahead to walk the length of Gwithian beach ( around 6 miles in total), lunch packed, chairs stowed, have a good one all! beachball
groundhog
groundhog
Donator
Donator

Auto-Sleeper Model : Worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by groundhog Tue Mar 30, 2021 9:17 am

Askit wrote:
groundhog wrote:I shall never understand this English or is it Scottish language, think I might learn Welsh see if I do any better. confused3

Nice shots of Falmouth on this mornings BBC news, see you have blue skies allthumbz
Both posted the same time! We are about six miles from Falmouth, it is a great place but very much becoming a student town with the university nearby. A couple of Hotels have closed down to be replaced by luxury apartments, the penthouse in the latest one has reported been bought by Robbie Williams , the asking price was £1.6 million. Looks like it will bask in sunshine today though!
groundhog
groundhog
Donator
Donator

Back to top Go down

Post by burlingtonboaby Tue Mar 30, 2021 10:16 am

Dave 418 wrote:Another bright if a bit chilly start this morning. The two male blackbirds were in full song at five this morning. Just as I dozed off again sister in law in Australia did the message thing through my I pad. She never has got the time difference. She kept saying "Your clocks are wrong its not half past five its afternoon tea time". Her son and daughter have been  telling her about the time difference for years but she cant  get it sorted. 
No matter we are going to look at a couple of dogs to replace muttly max this afternoon. The faff to get this far has been silly. Filled in forms for four re homing centres. We have had to sent pictures of the garden and make a video of the fences to make sure the garden is secure. Also we have had to have a reference check done through the vets that looked after muttly. 
It would be nice to find another dog before we start our travels again on the 12th of April.   walkies
Good luck Dave,hope you find yourself another Pal soon,   up!   I'm sure he or she will enjoy there life with you in the future.
Boaby
burlingtonboaby
burlingtonboaby
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Devon Firefly
Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down

Post by burlingtonboaby Tue Mar 30, 2021 10:17 am

Askit wrote:Dry start here and quite mild, 13c outside and a balmy 15c inside tap_fingers Glad Tag is doing ok, maybe he needs tackety boots to go with the wellies biggrin

Good luck with your search Dave, hope you get fixed up soon up! 
Thanks Tony  up!  Really getting hot now,hardly any breeze.BBQ out later.
Boaby
burlingtonboaby
burlingtonboaby
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by groundhog Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:59 pm

Down on the beach it is a little disappointing still shorts and tee but you need a jumper when the sun goes in. Sea is blooming cold wave
groundhog
groundhog
Donator
Donator

Back to top Go down

Post by burlingtonboaby Tue Mar 30, 2021 4:57 pm

groundhog wrote:Down on the beach it is a little disappointing still shorts and tee but you need a jumper when the sun goes in. Sea is blooming cold wave
Just come back from Fraisthorpe beach, absolutely cream crackered, Suns been out all day, must be in the 20's ,thawing out some fillet steaks for tomorrow.
How's the weather up there Tony.  hugegrins
Boaby
burlingtonboaby
burlingtonboaby
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave 418 Tue Mar 30, 2021 5:15 pm

We had a lovely drive over the bridge to look at the muttlies needing re homing. I was suprised  at how busy the roads were. It was like some one had opened the floods gates yesterday. 
We found a nice muttly. To be honest we found a lot of nice muttlies that management wanted to take home. When a soppy Greyhound peers down its nose at you its so tempting. Sadly he came with a brother and that would be a bit too much legs to cope with in a motorhome.  
We found an older dog, ten years old,  that they wanted homed. He had been rescued from Romania . He is a really placid and spent all the time we were there leaning on me. He has had a bit of mature gents bladder upset but the vet said its not helped by his past life and its no trouble now. 
He is coming home Saturday so updates to follow.
Dave 418
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Askit Tue Mar 30, 2021 6:13 pm

burlingtonboaby wrote:
groundhog wrote:Down on the beach it is a little disappointing still shorts and tee but you need a jumper when the sun goes in. Sea is blooming cold wave
Just come back from Fraisthorpe beach, absolutely cream crackered, Suns been out all day, must be in the 20's ,thawing out some fillet steaks for tomorrow.
How's the weather up there Tony.  hugegrins
Boaby

It's been dry all day, we've missed all the west coast rain and even got a couple of washing out and dried. CH man phoned to say it will be Monday before they can fit the new boiler so it looks like the thermals will be getting dug out again. The weekend looks good daytime but some cold nights ahead. cold

Good news on the dog front Dave up!

Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by burlingtonboaby Wed Mar 31, 2021 5:45 am

Dry overcast night, light breeze, brief grass walk out this morning with Tag, back in to wash back foot.
Blackies in full swing this morning,didn't hear any Marvis.
Have a nice day
Boaby
burlingtonboaby
burlingtonboaby
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave 418 Wed Mar 31, 2021 8:07 am

Another bright start but a bit chilly. No sign of the blackbirds this morning but the ringed doves were both in the tree at the front. 
After the search for another muttly is over I think the rest of this week will be a bit quieter. Unless management has any other plans I will have some time to myself in the workshop.
Dave 418
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Askit Wed Mar 31, 2021 8:47 am

Light cloud and very still but dry. Temperature is 13c outside but heading down over the next few days with some rain tonight. Shopping day so I get to go out, yippee twiddle_thumbs

Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 31, 2021 9:30 am

"We had a lovely drive over the bridge to look at the muttlies needing re homing. I was suprised at how busy the roads were"

surely the latter is a function of the former....?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by groundhog Wed Mar 31, 2021 10:01 am

Well done Dave on getting the new dog, pictures are expected!

Not a bad start down on the South Cornwall coast, a little misty but hopeful for later. Just checked the Gwithian webcam up North  and it is a real sea fret, car park is packed though with mostly surfer vans. Had to go to the NT car park yesterday as we couldn't get in the normal one, have to come face to face with a truck on a single width road and the resulting motor sport trying to get past each other. I really do fear what is coming in the Summer months with regard to congestion.
Different birds in and about, mostly in pairs now, the numbers don't seem so great this year but more varieties if that is the right word allthumbz
Have a great day
'hog
groundhog
groundhog
Donator
Donator

Back to top Go down

Post by burlingtonboaby Wed Mar 31, 2021 10:26 am

burlingtonboaby wrote:Dry overcast night, light breeze, brief grass walk out this morning with Tag, back in to wash back foot.
Blackies in full swing this morning,didn't hear any Marvis.
Have a nice day
Boaby
Warming up nicely,although still overcast out to sea, dental check for us this afternoon.
Boaby
burlingtonboaby
burlingtonboaby
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by burlingtonboaby Thu Apr 01, 2021 6:25 am

Big drop in the temperature this morning, overcast and dry, walk out with Tag around Sewerby cricket pitch and back for his breakfast.
Blackies in full swing this morning,really loud bird song.
Have a nice day.
Boaby
burlingtonboaby
burlingtonboaby
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by BobK Thu Apr 01, 2021 9:33 am

Brilliant sunshine and not a cloud in the sky  smile!   Warming up a treat.
BobK
BobK

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Autosleepless!!

Back to top Go down

Post by groundhog Thu Apr 01, 2021 9:47 am

Sun breaking through nicely, looks like a great day ahead. Supermarket really busy at 0730 this morning and lots on the roads, Easter madness has set in. Visited by badgers again last night, looks like someone has been setting off hand grenades on the grass, at least the birds seem to be getting a feast from the damaged areas! hugegrins
groundhog
groundhog
Donator
Donator

Back to top Go down

Post by Askit Thu Apr 01, 2021 9:47 am

Still pretty dull and much colder outside. One of the electric heaters we're temporarily using (until we get our boiler replaced on Monday) has just cracked up and died rolleyes

Is somebody trying to tell us something shrugg

Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by burlingtonboaby Fri Apr 02, 2021 6:30 am

Dry cool and overcast, not much wind, ideal for walking Tag, back in for breakfast (porridge for me) lamb & rice for Tag.
Have a nice day.
Boaby
burlingtonboaby
burlingtonboaby
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by groundhog Fri Apr 02, 2021 8:31 am

Sun breaking through nicely if a little cooler, should be a good day. Will see our only UK grandchild for the first time in months today, travelling from Devon to us in Cornwall. Following the rules though we will meet outside and have arranged a picnic which will be fun.  Not long now and we will be able to join up properly, as they have a van as well and we can enjoy some real quality time.

Loud dawn chorus, no visits from Mr Badger last night so no filling potholes today!
groundhog
groundhog
Donator
Donator

Back to top Go down

Post by Askit Fri Apr 02, 2021 9:04 am

Glorious blue sky this morning but being clear overnight means we woke up to a light frost. Sure it will warm up and clear but just a little too cold for a BBQ yet.

Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by IanH Fri Apr 02, 2021 2:46 pm

Bloody cold here in the far east, we're always exposed to any wind with north or east as part of it. Refurbed the sledge ready for Monday! up!
IanH
IanH
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Executive
Vehicle Year : 2002

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next