The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kemerton xl making improvements

+22
Monty-Plym
Dbvwt
IanH
Paulmold
Tinwheeler
Peter Brown
Baggiecamper
Bilbobaggins
Pete F
Suppersready
K & S
Windychippy
rgermain
abmnw
FreelanderUK
GP1069
Fixer
Relaxez-Vous
AutoSleepy_Don
Kdc
RogerThat
glyne lock
26 posters

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Kemerton xl making improvements  - Page 4 Empty Re: Kemerton xl making improvements

Post by glyne lock Tue Nov 22, 2022 7:53 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]Controller and battery  voltage
glyne lock
glyne lock

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : kemerton xl
Vehicle Year : 2019

RogerThat and FreelanderUK like this post

Back to top Go down

Kemerton xl making improvements  - Page 4 Empty Re: Kemerton xl making improvements

Post by RogerThat Wed Nov 23, 2022 7:16 pm

Thanks smile!
RogerThat
RogerThat
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Stanway
Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down

Post by Baggiecamper Wed Nov 23, 2022 9:03 pm

Who is the manufacturer of the inverter?
Could you post a link please.

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Symbol
Vehicle Year : 2017

Back to top Go down

Post by glyne lock Wed Nov 23, 2022 9:22 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
glyne lock
glyne lock

Male

Baggiecamper likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by glyne lock Tue Nov 29, 2022 3:35 pm

Just a small job to stop the cups rattling the foam now shaped to my cups[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
glyne lock
glyne lock

Male

AutoSleepy_Don, quentinsf and Pete F like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Brown Tue Nov 29, 2022 3:51 pm

Just acquired a foam cupholder link below.  It comes vacuum packed at 1cm deep then over a few hours restores to 6cm deep.

Peter Brown
Peter Brown
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper Model : Broadway EB
Vehicle Year : 2016

AutoSleepy_Don and glyne lock like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by glyne lock Tue Nov 29, 2022 4:09 pm

I did look at lots  like that Peter but could not find any to the space I had so made my own .I was going to ask a friend that works in a foam company about making some moulds as to the cupboard space

Last edited by glyne lock on Tue Nov 29, 2022 4:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
glyne lock
glyne lock

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinwheeler Tue Nov 29, 2022 4:34 pm

We made our own too from insulation foam bought from eBay.
Tinwheeler
Tinwheeler
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : None
Vehicle Year : None

Back to top Go down

Post by FreelanderUK Tue Nov 29, 2022 4:53 pm

I stuck gym mats together and made a cup and glass holder and one with slots in for plates, also made a wine bottle holder for the bottom cupboard that holds 4 bottles of wine

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick XL

Peter Brown, Kemerton-bath, Suppersready, RogerThat and glyne lock like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by glyne lock Tue Nov 29, 2022 6:21 pm

A great job you have done Chris and you now don’t get the rattling that other people do for a bit of time and effort
glyne lock
glyne lock

Male

FreelanderUK likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by glyne lock Sat Feb 18, 2023 11:16 am

glyne lock wrote:The  [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Waste pipe under the sink
This is something that has been talked about on this forum in lots of post .the grey waste pipe used by A/S is just a push fit but should be secured with clamps then it would not come apart but is very poorly fitted to our vans. yes I have glued as many joints as I could and secured mine in place . The first picture is how I have now positioned the pipe and secured  it in place the 2nd picture was how it was positioned but I fitted a p clip as a temporary fix to hold the pipe in place
Kemerton xl making improvements  - Page 4 1b0b1410
i have been asked how I got to the joint going to the sink . this angle joint you only glue going up into the joint and not across to the sink as now you can remove the sink out let and remove the pipe from the first angle joint if required and remove the complete glued section from below
glyne lock
glyne lock

Male

Back to top Go down

Kemerton xl making improvements  - Page 4 Empty Kemerton XL heat pad

Post by K & S Fri Feb 24, 2023 1:35 pm

Wasn’t sue where to post this. I have a 2016 Kemerton XL. Tried for the first time to use the heat mat under the water tank but it doesn’t appear to get warm. The switch doesn’t light up (in the photo it appears to)
If anybody has thoughts it would be good to hear them. Not sure what fuse to check on the EC500 unit if that is a starting point.
Oh, can’t remember how to attach photos, but they don’t show more than I have descriptions.
K & S
K & S

Male

Member Age : 73
Auto-Sleeper Model : Kemerton XL

Back to top Go down

Post by AutoSleepy_Don Fri Feb 24, 2023 1:38 pm

K & S wrote:Wasn’t sue where to post this. I have a 2016 Kemerton XL. Tried for the first time to use the heat mat under the water tank but it doesn’t appear to get warm. The switch doesn’t light up (in the photo it appears to)
If anybody has thoughts it would be good to hear them. Not sure what fuse to check on the EC500 unit if that is a starting point.
Oh, can’t remember how to attach photos, but they don’t show more than I have descriptions.

Which tank heater are you testing? Clean water or waste water.
AutoSleepy_Don
AutoSleepy_Don

Male

Member Age : 62
Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick Duo
Vehicle Year : 2017

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Fri Feb 24, 2023 2:05 pm

Are you aware that firstly the blankets must not be used without water in the tanks and secondly that they only work when temperature is below 7° (thermostat will automatically turn on )and will automatically switch off when contents temperature gets above 18°

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 73
Auto-Sleeper Model : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by glyne lock Fri Feb 24, 2023 2:39 pm

Ec500 with tank blankets on the temperature was reading 9 on the control and the switch lights up when the waste tank is turned on[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
glyne lock
glyne lock

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Relaxez-Vous Wed May 31, 2023 6:07 pm

glyne lock wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]The rear doors and window insulation

Today I've eventually started to insulate our Kemerton XL's rear doors very much as in your photo. It was the off-side door today and i used the insulation fibre you suggested plus some silvered bubble wrap. I'd had the rear trim panels off before when I was finally getting the rear door restrictors in 2020, no thanks to Fiat who supplier Peugeot with these items missing on Boxer vans for about 6 months in 2019.

Anyway back to the rear doors, removing the insulation that AS originally fitted I'm surprised to see how inadequate their job has been, There's quite a few volumes in the rear door where there's no insulation. All being well I'll finish the other rear door tomorrow.

If the sun shines at the back of the toilet area I can see sunlight coming through, so there's another area missing proper insulation, though I'd have to dismantle the whole basin surround to get to the area. Perhaps in the future if I have another issue with the bathroom mixer tap I'll do this.

I have asked you before Glyne, have you ever unscrewed the small panel at the back of the toilet locker, the one which surrounds the small window? I know it's not a big area but extra insulation helps. I wonder if this trim panel is held in place by the overhead locker too, or can I just lift it off after removing the three screws?

I have a longstanding gripe about the toilet flush not being powered when we stop on a journey. I don't want to have to keep going first to the EC700 panel every time. Perhaps a separate supply to the flush motor would reduce my irritation. Knowing what access this panel might reveal could be useful, more so if I ever want to install a SOG. So far our Kemerton XL's toilet doesn't have significant smells from the cassette, unlike in our Duetto before I fitted a SOG.
Relaxez-Vous
Relaxez-Vous

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Kemerton XL

Back to top Go down

Post by glyne lock Wed May 31, 2023 7:41 pm

the insulation they fitted I removed and used when cut to size at the sides of the window
the door stay roller needs carpet tape on the insulation as can be seen in my picture
the whole area in the door has insulation and now when I use the shower is so much warmer
the area above the toilet i cant remember what i did on my own camper i do so many jobs for people that's why i try and take pictures to show what can be done
its not until you see inside the back doors that its shows its only got a small amount of insulation
glyne lock
glyne lock

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by glyne lock Sun Jul 09, 2023 1:37 pm

I finished fitting upvc on the roof to all the places that had roof items that stopped the water running off and then collected mud dust etc
After my last trip for 3 weeks the roof was all still clean. The rain now helps wash the dust off and not collect as it did before
glyne lock
glyne lock

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by FreelanderUK Sun Jul 09, 2023 2:44 pm

I like this idea, just found a company who can supply coloured upvc trim , what’s the size of the strips you used Glyne

Male

glyne lock likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by glyne lock Sun Jul 09, 2023 3:39 pm

The size you need you can’t get so I got a large length and cut to the size needid and is best with a small angle to fit in the roof sections 
Now no water collecting on the roof it all runs off as it would with out the roof items stopping the flow
I did look at a colour length but next is the sealant colour problem
glyne lock
glyne lock

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by FreelanderUK Sun Jul 09, 2023 3:42 pm

Thanks Glyne

Male

glyne lock likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by IanH Sun Jul 09, 2023 8:23 pm

Did similar on Warwick Duo 1, to fill the valleys for installing a semi flex solar panel, used sikaflex, plastic strips were from UPVC window surrounds, exact fit when upside down as the radii matched the roof angles!

IanH
IanH
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Executive
Vehicle Year : 2002

Monty-Plym and glyne lock like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by glyne lock Mon Jul 10, 2023 3:12 pm

The 60 mm as you must have used IanH is ok fitting up side down with the angle on the edge but fitting the correct way up is just to wide with the angle edge in the roof .the size being sold now is 50mm next 65mm the 60mm is not so easy to get now and would need to have a small angle cut to fit in the roof section.I have no places for water to collect now .so when I have the sea kayak on the roof even after a wash off before loading on the roof still had some sand and salt wash off if it rains and then stay on the roof but now it will all wash away .after my last use of the camper for 3 weeks was very pleased to see the roof still so clean so can now say it’s worth doing 
In the winter if the temperature is below  freezing will not have any water on the roof that can do any damage as I could have had before
glyne lock
glyne lock

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by IanH Mon Jul 10, 2023 4:14 pm

And mine was only to provide a uniformly flat surface to glue the solar panel to...

What did surprise me when doing it was how easily my knee dented parts of the roof...Nothing serious but definite and easily done dents.
IanH
IanH
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Executive
Vehicle Year : 2002

Back to top Go down

Post by RogerThat Mon Jul 10, 2023 9:40 pm

glyne lock wrote:but next is the sealant colour problem

Nobody will ever see it, trust me, even using bright pink would not be a problem smile!
RogerThat
RogerThat
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Stanway
Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next