The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Latest Warwick Duo "improvements"

4 posters

Go down

Latest Warwick Duo "improvements" Empty Latest Warwick Duo "improvements"

Post by nimbus Wed Feb 18, 2015 7:13 pm

At the NEC yesterday we took the opportunity to look at the improvements to the Warwick Duo to see whether it was worth implementing any of them on our six year old Duo, or maybe ordering a new one. However, although there are some noticeable improvements such as the lounge curtains and the improved rear door covering and blinds, there are also a number of what I would call retrograde steps.

For example, Autosleeper have done away with side access on one side and drawer on the other to the lockers beneath the beds. It seems that the only way to gain access is to lift the cushions and base to have top access.

The tv is no longer supplied and the aerial and 12v supply to fit your own is now on the nearside. I suppose the tv could be flush mounted onto the side of the wardrobe but it would provide an acute viewing angle from the offside seat. Previously it was on a swivel mount.

The kitchen has been reconfigured with no real advantage that I could see and the smaller hob has now lost its electric hotplate and has three gas burners.

The wardrobe seemed noticeably narrower, but it could have been my imagination.

There are other things that we didn’t like such as the current upholstery choices and the wall covering in the toilet which looked 20 years out of date. But these are subjective and others may like them.

So, at the end of the day, Autosleeper won’t be getting our £52,000 and we’ll stay with our present van for the time being.
nimbus

Male

Member Age : 83
Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick Duo

Back to top Go down

Latest Warwick Duo "improvements" Empty Re: Latest Warwick Duo "improvements"

Post by pjkxpjkx Thu Feb 19, 2015 12:20 am

We ( me and the boss ) went to the NEC and had a look at the new range including the Warwick Duo.
I agree with Nimbus.
The storage space under the beds is better than on our 2011 model but you have to lift the beds to get at it so it fails the beer test.  ( how easy to reach for a bottle of beer without  significant effort )
I pointed this out to the AS people last year but obviously they did not get it.
Most of the new vans which we looked at today failed the beer test...
So we keep the old one.
Pete
pjkxpjkx
pjkxpjkx

Male

Member Age : 76
Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick Duo

Back to top Go down

Post by geoff brooke Fri Feb 20, 2015 2:24 pm

re improvements Nimbus.....should read "cost cutting"; on our warwick Xl they have removed the access doors to the bed lockers....really awkward having to lift heavy cushions just to get at stuff underneath...cables ...shoes etc.
Aerials supplied by AS have been notoriously below par...better off with a £20 avtex fromAmazon...works so well with digital
Blinds are better but the cab blind on the passenger door folds away into a cassette which obstructs the lower mirror...essential for driving on the continent...told A S but they seemed indifferent to this vital safety aspect.
removing the electric hotplate is seriously retrograde...how can you hope to get any value from Caravan  Club sites if you don't utilise all  the electrical appliances in the van.
geoff brooke
geoff brooke

Male

Member Age : 68
Auto-Sleeper Model : warwick duo xl

Back to top Go down

Post by carlc Fri Feb 20, 2015 5:37 pm

I agree with your comments I'll stick with our 2011 duo.did not see any improvements. Who would put a fire extinguisher between the front seats.
carlc
carlc

Male

Member Age : 78
Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick duo
Vehicle Year : 2011

Back to top Go down