The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kemerton xl making improvements

+22
Monty-Plym
Dbvwt
IanH
Paulmold
Tinwheeler
Peter Brown
Baggiecamper
Bilbobaggins
Pete F
Suppersready
K & S
Windychippy
rgermain
abmnw
FreelanderUK
GP1069
Fixer
Relaxez-Vous
AutoSleepy_Don
Kdc
RogerThat
glyne lock
26 posters

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Kemerton xl making improvements  - Page 3 Empty Re: Kemerton xl making improvements

Post by glyne lock Fri Jul 01, 2022 9:37 pm

So a camper that had a cigarette and usb
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
now a extra cigarette and extra usb[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
we need extra sockets to use all that solar power to good use
glyne lock
glyne lock

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : kemerton xl
Vehicle Year : 2019

Back to top Go down

Kemerton xl making improvements  - Page 3 Empty Re: Kemerton xl making improvements

Post by Relaxez-Vous Sat Jul 02, 2022 3:31 pm

When I routed a aerial coax above the roof lining like you, I also added a 12V cigarette lighter socket to power the TV for times when we are off-grid. With our EC700 panel being so close to the left hand edge I only had enough room to fit a single Berker socket,. I chose a combined aerial outlet and 12V cigarette lighter socket. No room for a satellite socket, anyway I'd have to find room for a big sat dish in the van if we were going into France.

I suppose the Berker USB sockets are a bit expensive but of good quality. Recently I've been following bigclivedotcom on YouTube, he covers a wide range of topics not the least of which is the poor safety of cheap Chinese made electricals sold on eBay and even Amazon he says. The horrors he uncovers, like the mains Christmas lights that remain lit even when the fuse is removed.

It's wise to pay a bit extra for quality electricals.
Relaxez-Vous
Relaxez-Vous

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Kemerton XL

Back to top Go down

Post by glyne lock Sat Jul 02, 2022 5:29 pm

I have a spare cigarette socket to fit that will be off the leisure battery  power all the time .I need to decide it’s best position as to what it will be used for[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
glyne lock
glyne lock

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by glyne lock Sun Jul 03, 2022 5:33 pm

So air awnings or wind out
I have been using my air awning for over 8 years yes it’s good for long stays at sites and the wind out works great for sort breaks and wild camps a great sun shade when needid[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
glyne lock
glyne lock

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by glyne lock Mon Jul 11, 2022 2:03 pm

So to store the spares ref bike wheel tubes .water fittings . Volt meter tester . Spare gas regulator. Spare bulbs fuse’s all go in plastic containers below the bottom draw in what was wasteful space.
I have made a mount for containers at the back that I put cereal when going away out the uk[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
glyne lock
glyne lock

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by glyne lock Fri Oct 28, 2022 2:43 pm

A small mod to help put heat to the front seat area £8.00 for the parts but is much better  [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
glyne lock
glyne lock

Male

Suppersready, RogerThat and FreelanderUK like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Suppersready Fri Oct 28, 2022 2:54 pm

I’m looking at ways to get the blown heating to the front of my Corinium  … it will certainly help to stop the cold spots that are always common in the cab area of a coach built.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 62
Auto-Sleeper Model : Corinium FB
Vehicle Year : 2017

Back to top Go down

Post by glyne lock Fri Oct 28, 2022 2:57 pm

To do the mod I have done had a pipe behind the new outlet so just fitted the new t fitting
glyne lock
glyne lock

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Suppersready Fri Oct 28, 2022 3:23 pm

glyne lock wrote:To do the mod I have done had a pipe behind the new outlet so just fitted the new t fitting

The main issue is the only vents are before the habitation door and on the same side of the van so to route to the cab area I would need to go under the floor.

Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Suppersready Fri Oct 28, 2022 3:38 pm

glyne lock wrote:Usb charging point 
When driving you have to charge off vehicle charge point  and when you stop the engine now need to use habitation points this can be a pain so I fitted a extra usb just behind the drivers seat that feeds all the time from the leisure batteries and has its own on and off switch [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I’m also doing this mod … can I ask were you got the small rocker switch from ?

Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by glyne lock Fri Oct 28, 2022 4:35 pm

Primar leisure parts 3.99 for each part in my picture 
The company is Bailey caravans spares
glyne lock
glyne lock

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Suppersready Fri Oct 28, 2022 6:45 pm

glyne lock wrote:Primar leisure parts 3.99 for each part in my picture 
The company is Bailey caravans spares

Thank you content

Donator
Donator

Male

glyne lock likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by glyne lock Fri Oct 28, 2022 6:53 pm

It’s always nice to help others and even more when you see that great word so thank you in return
glyne lock
glyne lock

Male

IanH likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by glyne lock Fri Oct 28, 2022 9:50 pm

Suppersready wrote:
glyne lock wrote:Usb charging point 
When driving you have to charge off vehicle charge point  and when you stop the engine now need to use habitation points this can be a pain so I fitted a extra usb just behind the drivers seat that feeds all the time from the leisure batteries and has its own on and off switch [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I’m also doing this mod … can I ask were you got the small rocker switch from ?
The switch in the picture can be got from eBay but I buy in large bulk orders [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
glyne lock
glyne lock

Male

Suppersready likes this post

Back to top Go down

Kemerton xl making improvements  - Page 3 Empty Mods

Post by Pete F Mon Nov 07, 2022 5:35 pm

I have made several mods to my Kemerton and hopefully there are pics accompanying this reply. The wooden surface is slippery enough that the cushion slid off, this should cure that. Where Auto Sleepers put the wine glasses effectively wastes the whole locker and since there is only ever the two of us we only need two glasses and therefore I made up a new spacer block and transferred two glasses to the drinks locker and two to the loft. I wasn’t happy with the idea of the water pressure regulator being so exposed to heavy objects and fitted a separator. More to follow in another post. 
Pete F
Pete F

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Kemerton xl
Vehicle Year : 2022

Back to top Go down

Kemerton xl making improvements  - Page 3 Empty More mods

Post by Pete F Mon Nov 07, 2022 5:47 pm

We couldn’t find anywhere that we liked to put the tv so I came up with this mount that simply slips over the partition between lunge and kitchen. It consists of three layers of 12mm ply, (offcuts from the factory, not cheap, but worth it for the appearance), sandwiched withe the centre one shaped to the profile of the partition.
Pete F
Pete F

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete F Mon Nov 07, 2022 6:00 pm

Like the other end of the under bed locker, I wasn’t happy with the lack of protection for the fuse box and charger so I made this box to solve the problem. It is held in place by magnetic catches and as you can see allows for plenty of air flow
Pete F
Pete F

Male

RogerThat likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete F Mon Nov 07, 2022 6:21 pm

Further to my previous posts, I have also made other mods, in the underside locker of the near side bed I found that a pair of Milenco three level ramps, with about 10mm chopped of the low end, in a bag would just fit snugly but needed to be level. A support was created for the corridor side at the same height as the factory fitted box at the other side. This has also left a bit of storage underneath.

I obtained three more coat hooks from the factory, one has been put in the rear corner of the shower for hanging wet coats and the other two have been installed on the rear facing panels between the shower/loo and the doors on a couple of blocks. A suitable cord with an elastic loop at one end allows for a washing line to be used, the blocks helping to keep the wet stuff off the walls.

Whilst on about the shower room the locker behind the loo is great but the refusal of the lid to stay up was going to drive me potty (sorry, no pun intended) I got a small sliding bolt and fitted that to the lid with keeper plate on the wall. This can be easily reached from the outside if needed. Rather than just trust the bolt to stay in just a couple of mill of plate I used an old router bit in a cordless drill to produce a flat bottomed indentation without going all the way through the wall. 

I think these posts cover all that I have done so far. I hope that there is food for thought in them.
Pete F
Pete F

Male

Boots likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Relaxez-Vous Fri Nov 11, 2022 6:47 pm

Pete F wrote:Further to my previous posts, I have also made other mods, in the underside locker of the near side bed I found that a pair of Milenco three level ramps, with about 10mm chopped of the low end, in a bag would just fit snugly but needed to be level. A support was created for the corridor side at the same height as the factory fitted box at the other side. This has also left a bit of storage underneath.

I obtained three more coat hooks from the factory, one has been put in the rear corner of the shower for hanging wet coats and the other two have been installed on the rear facing panels between the shower/loo and the doors on a couple of blocks. A suitable cord with an elastic loop at one end allows for a washing line to be used, the blocks helping to keep the wet stuff off the walls.

Whilst on about the shower room the locker behind the loo is great but the refusal of the lid to stay up was going to drive me potty (sorry, no pun intended) I got a small sliding bolt and fitted that to the lid with keeper plate on the wall. This can be easily reached from the outside if needed. Rather than just trust the bolt to stay in just a couple of mill of plate I used an old router bit in a cordless drill to produce a flat bottomed indentation without going all the way through the wall. 

I think these posts cover all that I have done so far. I hope that there is food for thought in them.

I'm not sure Pete F if you have a Nuevo or a Kemerton, or Kemerton XL like glynelock, please update your details.

Looking at your photos some look like my Kemerton XL others do not.
Relaxez-Vous
Relaxez-Vous

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Relaxez-Vous Fri Nov 11, 2022 7:28 pm

Pete F, I like your modification of the drinking glasses locker. In a 2 birth van why would you have 4 faux cut glass wine glasses, unless A-S expected Kemerton XL owners would be into entertaining their 2 friends with sherry, 4-up. It fits with the conversion of the lounge areas using the press-stud back rests, into a commodious environment where the 2 of you could modestly entertain your two friends. What's not to like.

I have already broken one of these 4 faux cut glass wine glasses when it popped out from its Terry's clip. A single replacement glass even on eBay is rather expensive. I have already purchased and we use both tumblers and wine "glasses" in poly-carbonate form, non of this breaking of glass issue, inside or out. Many thanks Pete F for your inspiration on which I will ponder.
Relaxez-Vous
Relaxez-Vous

Male

Pete F likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete F Sat Nov 12, 2022 8:08 am

To avoid any confusion, my earlier posts all refer to my Kemerton XL
Pete F
Pete F

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Bilbobaggins Sat Nov 12, 2022 8:42 am

Pete F wrote:To avoid any confusion, my earlier posts all refer to my Kemerton XL
Thanks for clarification, as requested by Relaxez-vous it would be helpful if you could update your profile to Kemerton xl as well as future readers of this thread may not see your update up!

Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick xl
Vehicle Year : 2014

Back to top Go down

Post by glyne lock Sat Nov 12, 2022 9:35 am

As R V had said some pictures did not look like a kemerton xl was because it’s now got that lovely ? whale heating system that’s been having a lot of problems NO THANKS I would always pay extra for the truma system
glyne lock
glyne lock

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by glyne lock Mon Nov 21, 2022 1:05 pm

A small up grade as when I tested the microwave under load was needing 1100 w the inverter I was using is 1000w and will power 2000w for short blast ref aprox 5 mins so did work ok but I have now done a up grade to 1500w and short blast of 3000w .for only 500w more power is much bigger .the microwave is 800w but draws 1100w under load my kettle is 760w and tested ok at aprox 760w[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
the much smaller 1000w inverter to the left
glyne lock
glyne lock

Male

FreelanderUK likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by RogerThat Tue Nov 22, 2022 7:34 pm

What's on the other end of the grey CAT5 cable please?  Is it a remote switch or digital display?
RogerThat
RogerThat
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Stanway
Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next