The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kemerton

+2
Dutto
batch
6 posters

Go down

Kemerton Empty Kemerton

Post by batch Mon May 28, 2012 10:54 pm

Hi All
At long last we have taken delivery of our Kemerton and upto now we are both extremley pleased with our new toy.
We have had no problems with downsizing and if anything it is more comfortable and certainly better to drive than our previous [2007 Bessacarr]. The only issues that we have are with the heater there are 3 vents in the lounge area 1 of these I think is just a fresh air vent the other blows out warm/hot air depending on the setting and the other appears to be blowing out cool air irrespective of the heat setting and as for the vent in the bathroom that blows out nothing more than cool air again certainly not enough to warm up the bathroom, this was mentioned to the dealer yesterday and they are going to look in to it , the other little problem is the cigarette lighter socket on the dash is to big for the sat-nav plug, if any one knows of an adapter that would allow the plug to stay put and not disconnect every time you go over a bump or any other little tip I would be very appreciative. Apart from that we are CHUFFED to bits with it.

Regards Batch
batch
batch

Male

Member Age : 73
Auto-Sleeper Model : Kemerton

Back to top Go down

Kemerton Empty Re: Kemerton

Post by Dutto Tue May 29, 2012 1:36 am

Hi there,

Welcome from a warm and sunny beachball but soon to become a cold and damp cold , Skegness!

As a general rule, cigarette lighters become "slack" due to extreme use and normally, there are two options to rectify the situation:

1. Nip down to Halfords or somewhere similar and buy a replacement socket.

2. Do what I have done in the past and stuff a bit of tissue down the side of the plug.

Number One is more definite but Number Two is considerably cheaper and easier in the short-term! up!

Best regards,

drinksallround

Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Duetto

Back to top Go down

Kemerton Empty Kemerton cigarette socket

Post by batch Sun Jun 03, 2012 7:32 pm

Hi Duitto
Thanks for your reply, as both the van and the sat nav are new I,m not to keen on replacing the socket in the dash or sticking tissue down the side to bridge the gap, but thanks anyway. When we get back from our next trip I will have to look into again, may be just re-shaping the metal strips on the socket might be all that is required. Just another job to add to the list.

regards
Batch
batch
batch

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Sun Jun 03, 2012 7:54 pm

I have a sat nav that doesn't sit well in the socket and I think it's the design of the plug that is the problem. The plug only has one contact on the side which is like a spring loop. I also have another item that uses the socket and fits well and that has two contacts of a much better design and gives it a snug fit. These two types of plug are shown below....

This is the poor one [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

This is the better type [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Paulmold
Paulmold
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by Dutto Sun Jun 03, 2012 8:22 pm

Hi there,

Paul's probably right as it never dawned on me that it could be a plug problem. (Doh!) tap_fingers tap_fingers

If it is then it is easy enough to check. Suggest you wander down to Halfords with the problem plug, check out what they have in store and then try one out before purchase.

Halfords also sell a number of "1 to 2" extensions which might be useful.

Best regards,

drinksallround

Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Duetto

Back to top Go down

Post by CC Sun Jun 03, 2012 8:44 pm

Our Nuevo has the same rubbish sockets (X250 base) find we have to wiggle our sat nav socket to get a connection as it's such a lose fitting... often find if you go over a bump it loses connection as the sat nav power light goes off (which is really annoying if you haven't noticed and your sat nav shuts down as the battery has ran down) it's the size of the sockets that's the problem not the device you are plugging in as ours is just the same, having twin sockets side by side is very handy but both are pretty useless, have tried adapters but they sit in the holes just as badly... really badly designed!

The other annoyance on the X250 is the lack of cup holders shrugg Always find myself looking at the huge plastic shrouds on the door panels and thinking to myself whoever designed them needs a good kick up the rear, they could have offered so much more storage as the lower pockets are impossible to reach from the seat and they could have at least moulded a cup holder on each side instead they just serve as massively over sized door handles undecided

Male

Member Age : 59
Auto-Sleeper Model : Broadway EB
Vehicle Year : 2019

Back to top Go down

Post by deckie Sun Jun 03, 2012 9:45 pm

Chris almost used an ASOF calling card to pack our one out ….. “Sacrilege” I screamed ….. So we used a folded £10 note instead hugegrins

Brian

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 79
Auto-Sleeper Model : Clubman GL

Back to top Go down

Kemerton Empty Kemerton cigarette socket & a £10 note

Post by batch Mon Jun 04, 2012 10:53 pm

Thanks for the response, I don't think that the plug from the sat-nav is at fault because it appears to fit ok in my car so I think Cruizing comet's remark that it is the poorly designed socket in the dash that is the problem. As regards to wedging a £10 note down the side, why use a £10 note when a £5 note works just as well that way I can do both sockets for the same price { clever eh }.
Regards
Batch snigger
batch
batch

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by deckie Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:00 pm

Hi Batch,

allthumbz hugegrins hugegrins