The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Auto-Sleeper Warwick Duo Modifications 2017+

+40
Dave 418
ledzep4
superkendo
Relaxez-Vous
Bev
Bilbobaggins
RogerThat
v8oholic
CroftBadger
FreelanderUK
gobsmacked
IanH
justlooking
MelB
glyne lock
SallyB
Tinwheeler
Roopert
Sally
hat004
Spospe
Dbvwt
Smithee
daisy mae
GP1069
Windychippy
Mindhyg
Peter Brown
bobby b
rgermain
Gromit
Kemerton-bath
Campievanner
matchlessman
Gillyhar
Vxaero
Paulmold
snow863
inspiredron
jennyandpeter
44 posters

Page 6 of 15 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10 ... 15  Next

Go down

Auto-Sleeper Warwick Duo Modifications 2017+ - Page 6 Empty warwick Duo interior light

Post by Smithee Mon Mar 04, 2019 11:14 pm

Hello,
           Thanks for your posts I've found them very useful. Could you possibly tell me the name of the interior light or the seller's name as I'm having trouble finding it. Many thanks , Paul.
Smithee
Smithee

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick Duo
Vehicle Year : 2012

Back to top Go down

Auto-Sleeper Warwick Duo Modifications 2017+ - Page 6 Empty Re: Auto-Sleeper Warwick Duo Modifications 2017+

Post by inspiredron Tue Mar 05, 2019 1:21 am

You cotton on quickly!

Male

Member Age : 83
Auto-Sleeper Model : Lancashire

Back to top Go down

Auto-Sleeper Warwick Duo Modifications 2017+ - Page 6 Empty Re: Auto-Sleeper Warwick Duo Modifications 2017+

Post by jennyandpeter Tue Mar 05, 2019 7:57 am

Do you mean this one ? 
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
I have not tried to take the old one out yet the plan is to replace the one by the loo door that catches on the light. 
jennyandpeter
jennyandpeter

Male

Member Age : 63
Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by Dbvwt Tue Mar 05, 2019 10:37 am

I like the look of that. Has anyone actually got one of these and can  give a definitive description as to how it operates (the amazon reviews seem to give conflicting info). I’m looking to replace the washroom light as it is far too bright in the middle of the night and is just on or off!
1- is it actually dimming
2- if so, when set at a low light does it stay low or revert back to bright
3- any other suggestions for another light to replace the thin existing one
Dbvwt
Dbvwt

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Symbol
Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down

Auto-Sleeper Warwick Duo Modifications 2017+ - Page 6 Empty warwick Duo updates

Post by Smithee Tue Mar 05, 2019 6:05 pm

Many thanks for the light info.
Smithee
Smithee

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Spospe Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:34 am

Dbvwt wrote:
3- any other suggestions for another light to replace the thin existing one

We use a battery powered LED light of the type that you push the centre of the unit to turn it on and off (this is not touch sensitive, you are operating a micro-switch). The unit contains three AAA batteries and it is secured to the toilet room ceiling with Velcro. In 4 years use, we have not had to change the batteries and the light output at night is not too bright, perfect in fact for those short trips to the loo.
Spospe
Spospe
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 80
Vehicle Year : 2014

Back to top Go down

Post by Dbvwt Wed Mar 06, 2019 10:54 am

Thanks, I think I’m also going to simply go down the route of an additional light in the washroom that is not quite so bright!
Dbvwt
Dbvwt

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Symbol
Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down

Post by jennyandpeter Wed Mar 06, 2019 12:07 pm

How about these PIR activated so do not even need to switch on 

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I would mount it with velcro.
jennyandpeter
jennyandpeter

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by hat004 Wed Mar 20, 2019 3:54 pm

Hi jennyandpeter

I have a 2014 Warwick Duo and I really like the mods you have been making to your van.
I agree with you that the rear curtain set up leaves a lot to be desired. I contacted AS service centre with a view to having the later model blinds system fitted to my van. Could not believe the price they quoted, talk about an arm and a leg! Anyway I still wanted the rear blinds and managed to find a set of second hand ones and fitted them with trim material to match the exiting interior. Thought you might like to see my efforts.[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
hat004

Male

Member Age : 71

Back to top Go down

Post by jennyandpeter Wed Mar 20, 2019 6:34 pm

Very nice did you insulate the inside of the doors at the same time ? Something autosleeper forgets to do properly.
jennyandpeter
jennyandpeter

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by hat004 Thu Mar 21, 2019 5:32 pm

No I didn't put anymore insulation into the doors, perhaps will look at this at a later date.
According to AS my vehicle has the G3 insulation system installed.
hat004

Male

Member Age : 71

Back to top Go down

Post by jennyandpeter Thu Mar 21, 2019 6:59 pm

See page 1 of this thread, I have been insulating each part as we get access
jennyandpeter
jennyandpeter

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Campievanner Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:34 am

Our van has the same hopeless rear curtains. We bought the blinds (as in the photo) from AS complete with the black frame surround/mount plate (as per the Kemerton). The cost was eye-watering. 

Seven years later they are still sat in a box in the house waiting to be fitted, along with the remnant roll of 'Judy Olive' to finish it off. 

Nearly every trip we still moan about the curtains.......
Campievanner
Campievanner

Female

Auto-Sleeper Model : Stratford

Back to top Go down

Post by jennyandpeter Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:49 am

Looking at a simpler solution to fit how about something like this [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
jennyandpeter
jennyandpeter

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Fri Mar 22, 2019 12:22 pm

I just use internal insulated screens. They simply store between bench end and door.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 73
Auto-Sleeper Model : Sussex Duo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:36 pm

The problem with all blinds in the rear door windows of the duo range is sitting up in bed and resting your head on the curtains.
If blinds this becomes much worse, at least the curtains are flexible!
We have 6 magnets, tiny things, 5mm dia x 5mm long and use these to hold the curtain material to the door window surrounds.
This keeps a lot of light out and the magnets don't car if you rest four head against the curtain.
A £2 solution to a £2 problem, not a £50 solution to a £2 problem!!!!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by jennyandpeter Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:44 pm

We use magnets as well but it would be good to have a bit more darkness ar 5 in the morning.
jennyandpeter
jennyandpeter

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sally Tue Mar 26, 2019 9:35 pm

jennyandpeter wrote:Cleaning the van yesterday came across the scuttle drain problem. I removed about half a cupful of dirt at the end of the pipe behind the drivers side wheel arch liner. If only this drained down vertically it would not cause a problem, will be keeping an eye on it in future.
I noticed that the drain was blocked this weekend, but I can’t for the life of me work out how to unblock it.  To be honest, I shoved my head into the wheel arch and came back up with a mucky face but no idea of where the drain hole came out  scratch head

If you’ve any suggestions of how to unblock it, and/or photos of where it comes out and what I can use to clean it, that would be helpful.

Many thanks
Sally
Sally
Sally

Female

Vehicle Year : 2011

Back to top Go down

Post by inspiredron Tue Mar 26, 2019 9:47 pm

Once blocked it is really difficult to unblock. A year or three ago mine was blocked. We have very high water pressure and I directed a hose down the pipe getting terrific blow back but very little crud. Eventually I resorted to poking very carefully with an unwound wire coathanger coupled with the hosepipe with no fitting. Eventually it did unblock. The outlet is quite difoficult to see as it is hidden behind the shock absorber/McPherson strut. Over winter I have had a length of pool liner under the wiper arms and trapped between bonnet and engine compartment to keep crud out of the gulley. I will put a bottle brush into the tube during the season.

Male

Member Age : 83
Auto-Sleeper Model : Lancashire

Back to top Go down

Post by Sally Tue Mar 26, 2019 9:51 pm

inspiredron wrote:Once blocked it is really difficult to unblock. A year or three ago mine was blocked. We have very high water pressure and I directed a hose down the pipe getting terrific blow back but very little crud. Eventually I resorted to poking very carefully with an unwound wire coathanger coupled with the hosepipe with no fitting. Eventually it did unblock. The outlet is quite difoficult to see as it is hidden behind the shock absorber/McPherson strut. Over winter I have had a length of pool liner under the wiper arms and trapped between bonnet and engine compartment to keep crud out of the gulley. I will put a bottle brush into the tube during the season.
Thank you Ron - can I do any damage to the tube if I poke around carefully with a straightened coat hanger? I don’t know anything about the shape or position or material of the tube, so I just want to make sure.

Sally

P.S. apologies if I’ve taken this thread away from the mods done to the van.
Sally
Sally

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by jennyandpeter Tue Mar 26, 2019 9:58 pm

If you remove the pipe from the bottom of the scuttle you can push it through with a stick. The bottom exit is behind the wheel arch liner but you can get your hand behind to clear it out.
jennyandpeter
jennyandpeter

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Spospe Wed Mar 27, 2019 11:05 am

I use a length of curtain wire (the hollow spiral type use for net curtains) and just poke it down the blocked drain. This is less likely to do damage than something very stiff, such as a wire coat hanger. A length of about two feet should be enough and as a precaution against loosing the wire down the drain tube, I put an eye in one end and this gives something to hold onto. A further refinement is to screw a round-headed screw of the same diameter as the curtain wire into the probe end and this acts as a streamliner to help the curtain wire go down the tube. The last bit of advice is to smear a bit of Fairy Liquid over the end of the wire to help it slide down the tube (this really does help).
Spospe
Spospe
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 80

Back to top Go down

Post by Sally Wed Mar 27, 2019 12:12 pm

Thank you everyone. Ill check it out at the weekend.
Sally
Sally

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 27, 2019 3:43 pm

If you have, and you should have, a tyre compressor, it'll have come with all manner of ends for it.
Plug it in, shove the appropriate end into the drain, believe me it'll clear. Poking wires etc down there is a recipe for disaster,  use science!!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Sally Wed Mar 27, 2019 4:22 pm

I’m IanH wrote:If you have, and you should have, a tyre compressor, it'll have come with all manner of ends for it.
Plug it in, shove the appropriate end into the drain, believe me it'll clear. Poking wires etc down there is a recipe for disaster,  use science!!
I have the Ring RAC900, which runs off the main battery. It came with a few bits and bobs, so I’m not sure which is best to use.

Is it okay to run it unconnected and unpressured, i.e. powered up but not connected to a tyre?
Sally
Sally

Female

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 15 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10 ... 15  Next