The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Auto-Sleeper Warwick Duo Modifications 2017+

+40
Dave 418
ledzep4
superkendo
Relaxez-Vous
Bev
Bilbobaggins
RogerThat
v8oholic
CroftBadger
FreelanderUK
gobsmacked
IanH
justlooking
MelB
glyne lock
SallyB
Tinwheeler
Roopert
Sally
hat004
Spospe
Dbvwt
Smithee
daisy mae
GP1069
Windychippy
Mindhyg
Peter Brown
bobby b
rgermain
Gromit
Kemerton-bath
Campievanner
matchlessman
Gillyhar
Vxaero
Paulmold
snow863
inspiredron
jennyandpeter
44 posters

Page 5 of 15 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10 ... 15  Next

Go down

Auto-Sleeper Warwick Duo Modifications 2017+ - Page 5 Empty Re: Auto-Sleeper Warwick Duo Modifications 2017+

Post by Windychippy Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:03 pm

bolero boy wrote:
appearance (form) over function?
Gives the outside a nice smooth outside 'automotive' look but I would want the windows to open....we like air...and other MH double glazed windows (like our Seitz ones) are cool on the inside even with the Med sun streaming in.....
Might have to get a Shire then  hugegrins  .  Am I allowed to say that scratch head
Windychippy
Windychippy
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 75
Auto-Sleeper Model : None
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Auto-Sleeper Warwick Duo Modifications 2017+ - Page 5 Empty Re: Auto-Sleeper Warwick Duo Modifications 2017+

Post by Guest Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:09 pm

Windychippy wrote:
Might have to get a Shire then  hugegrins  .  Am I allowed to say that scratch head
I'm sure you are......whatever it means.....
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Windychippy Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:12 pm

bolero boy wrote:
Windychippy wrote:
I'm sure you are......whatever it means.....
Shire Conversions -  Phoenix   allthumbz
Windychippy
Windychippy
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 75
Auto-Sleeper Model : None
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:31 am

Ah, got it...smile!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by jennyandpeter Fri Mar 16, 2018 12:25 pm

Have been a bit slow over the winter but starting mods again now. We are replacing the sony head unit with a double din android one. 
  [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Chinese double din [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] it does picture in picture so may divert rear view camera to it. Dab adapter is a extra. 
Will let you know how the install goes.
jennyandpeter
jennyandpeter

Male

Member Age : 63
Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Fri Mar 16, 2018 1:41 pm

My original radio has been replaced with a Pioneer double din dab radio with the rear camera connected to it. Only problem is that it needs ignition on to work so until I can get it rewired cannot listen to it on site. The instructions do say it must only be wired to a vehicle with accessory position on ignition switch but obviously previous owner ignored that. Only mentioning it so you are aware if your new one has same warning.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 73
Auto-Sleeper Model : Sussex Duo

Back to top Go down

Post by jennyandpeter Sun Apr 15, 2018 5:16 pm

Weather a bit better so starting work on the van again. 
Smoke detector started beeping even with new batteries so new detector purchased from amazon identical to the original one. 
 Just spent 2 hours fitting this
Auto-Sleeper Warwick Duo Modifications 2017+ - Page 5 FTTKi9F
Auto-Sleeper Warwick Duo Modifications 2017+ - Page 5 X0xUoPt
Android 8 with 4gb of ram,Dab antenna cable end not the same as our aerial so adapter needed . Also may feed the camera to it in the future.  
Auto-Sleeper Warwick Duo Modifications 2017+ - Page 5 92NIwKx

Steering wheel controls all work and it has GPS wifi and bluetooth. 
jennyandpeter
jennyandpeter

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by jennyandpeter Wed Apr 25, 2018 2:20 pm

Dab+ unit fitted aerial adapter from amazon needed . 65 stations found. 
 Auto-Sleeper Warwick Duo Modifications 2017+ - Page 5 Mjkz5W0
jennyandpeter
jennyandpeter

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kemerton-bath Wed Apr 25, 2018 5:06 pm

Jenny & Peter,

That's a very fine looking head unit and appears to be seamlessly integrated into the dash.  It's also easier on price than some of the competition.  From looking at online reviews (albeit still early days it seems) I get the impression that Pumpkin are quite reasonable to deal with and offer good tech support so I hope that's been your experience too.

I've got many questions on Android HUs in general but will limit myself to three regarding your Pumpkin at this stage, if I may:

1.  Is it easy to view and operate from the passenger seat while on the road, given it can be a bit of a reach to the centre console when wearing a seatbelt?
2.  What do you use for navigation - google maps or an app?
3.  Not sure if your van has CAN bus but if so, was it straightforward to interface with?  I changed HUs in the previous van and found even the steering controls interface was less than straightforward, mainly due to auto-electrical suppliers who don't know their products.

I'm just about to change phone contract to one with a 20G monthly data allowance and thought that might open up possibilities by tethering it to this type of HU.  But maybe I'm deluding myself and these Android HUs will just eat data.  I'm also with 3, whose coverage isn't always the best, so that could be an issue.  It's good value when in Europe though with it's 'feel at home' service.

I tend to be a later adopter regarding tech so will probably wait and gather more user feedback before deciding to commit.  Great to see you've jumped in and I hope it's a good experience that will encourage me to consider it seriously. You mentioned in a previous post your intent to integrate the rear camera and that's something I'd wish to do with this type of HU.

I look forward to hearing more feedback as you use it.  

Regards,
Tim

1996 - Autosleeper Symphony   2010 - Autosleeper Symbol    2018 - Autosleeper Kemerton   2023 - Autosleeper Kemerton XL (Fiat)
Kemerton-bath
Kemerton-bath
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 65
Auto-Sleeper Model : Kemerton XL (Fiat)
Vehicle Year : 2020

Back to top Go down

Post by jennyandpeter Wed Apr 25, 2018 7:34 pm

Good evening Kem 
No problem using I have programed the source button into the steering wheel and chose a model with physical buttons on the head unit. It is just like a large mobile phone and there are loads of car launchers for android.  
I use here maps as you can use it totally offline but just saying OK google navigate to a place and it does it is cool. 
Our 2010 is not canbus but the adapter for both is available as is the one for all chinese headsets.
The headunit does not use any data unless you download something. The van connects to my home wifi better than a phone as it has a large external aerial.
I purchased this from amazon with a 3 year warranty for £34
The adapters came from here https://incartec.co.uk/home

I stream amazon music with the phone tethered with 3 

Any other questions just ask.
jennyandpeter
jennyandpeter

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by jennyandpeter Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:27 pm

Auto-Sleeper Warwick Duo Modifications 2017+ - Page 5 XZ6FyCP
Installed camping apps this evening 
while streaming music
Auto-Sleeper Warwick Duo Modifications 2017+ - Page 5 1VCexfk
Best bit of tech in the van so far.
jennyandpeter
jennyandpeter

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kemerton-bath Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:51 pm

Thank you, and very encouraging.  Particularly impressed you installed it in 2hrs.  Wise decision to add the 3yr warranty.

I need to do some more research, especially the mapping function.

1996 - Autosleeper Symphony   2010 - Autosleeper Symbol    2018 - Autosleeper Kemerton   2023 - Autosleeper Kemerton XL (Fiat)
Kemerton-bath
Kemerton-bath
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 65
Auto-Sleeper Model : Kemerton XL (Fiat)
Vehicle Year : 2020

Back to top Go down

Post by jennyandpeter Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:10 am

Added the campsite apps I use on the phone last night and found that with android 8 you can use apps split screen but not all of them will work in this mode.
Auto-Sleeper Warwick Duo Modifications 2017+ - Page 5 SAIgZll
The amount of cables is daunting at first but if you get the right parts it is all plug and play. The only issue I had was because we are using a powered aerial splitter for the dab unit, it being a different size  from the existing connection.

Added mirror guards, ( thanks to LDPD ) I was planning to paint them blue but think the are fine as they are.

Auto-Sleeper Warwick Duo Modifications 2017+ - Page 5 V8WqCWP
jennyandpeter
jennyandpeter

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by jennyandpeter Fri May 04, 2018 10:58 am

Just a reminder to check tire pressures,  after 12 months of them not moving I found one of the fronts 20psi down this morning. It took out poor little high pressure pump a while to bring it back to normal.
jennyandpeter
jennyandpeter

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by jennyandpeter Wed May 09, 2018 9:08 pm

Fixed the trip panel on the sliding door this evening most of the screws were loose also applied 3m  double sided foam tape to keep it quiet.
Also made a fly screen for the same doors window, black screen material held on 3 sides by black velcro within the window frame. It enables us to get a bit of a through draught, something the warwick lacks.
 Auto-Sleeper Warwick Duo Modifications 2017+ - Page 5 ToR2aV0
jennyandpeter
jennyandpeter

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by jennyandpeter Thu Jun 07, 2018 10:21 am

Away in the van last week and has 2 issues , fresh water tap leaks slowly for have inquired about one from autosleeper parts department and the water gauge sometimes plays up, ok one minute at  other times the lights cascade downwards 3 times . I have removed the panel and reset it but still the same. 
 Any other suggestions?
Tap sorted within 10 mins thanks to the AS parts department.

Order Summary
Payment Accepted

Item(s) Subtotal:£7.50
Postage & Packaging:£4.00
Total before VAT:£11.50
VAT:£2.30
Total:£13.80
jennyandpeter
jennyandpeter

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by jennyandpeter Fri Jun 08, 2018 3:47 pm

Very impressed with AS parts department next day it arrived
Auto-Sleeper Warwick Duo Modifications 2017+ - Page 5 LUPjAfU
jennyandpeter
jennyandpeter

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by jennyandpeter Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:06 pm

Looking at ideas at keeping some heat out of our van in the summer, found these [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] so I take it that it would not damage the plastic.
jennyandpeter
jennyandpeter

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by daisy mae Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:34 pm

I made my own, thick card covered both sides with reflective insulated foil, have used for two years especially in winter and still going strong.

Dr. Seuss
daisy mae
daisy mae
Donator
Donator

Female

Auto-Sleeper Model : Hampshire Topaz
Vehicle Year : 2008 98

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:37 pm

We made our own from some leftover internal thermal screen material. Unfortunately don't fit the Remis rooflight in the Sussex.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 73
Auto-Sleeper Model : Sussex Duo

Back to top Go down

Post by jennyandpeter Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:39 pm

I was worried about using reflective material in hot weather. As the instructions say do not draw the blind.
jennyandpeter
jennyandpeter

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by jennyandpeter Thu Jun 21, 2018 2:11 pm

Last year our van got hot in the south of france so being an optimist I have tried to do something about it.
The windows get very hot in direct sunshine so I purchased some reflective ground matting . [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Cut to size it fits in the window openings neatly

Auto-Sleeper Warwick Duo Modifications 2017+ - Page 5 CsWCQwI

There was enough to do the skylight and the large window 

Auto-Sleeper Warwick Duo Modifications 2017+ - Page 5 B0JeXDm

Cut to size it sits on the ridge 

Auto-Sleeper Warwick Duo Modifications 2017+ - Page 5 TUBHkkw
jennyandpeter
jennyandpeter

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by jennyandpeter Sun Mar 03, 2019 5:47 pm

Cleaning the van yesterday came across the scuttle drain problem. I removed about half a cupful of dirt at the end of the pipe behind the drivers side wheel arch liner. If only this drained down vertically it would not cause a problem, will be keeping an eye on it in future.
jennyandpeter
jennyandpeter

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by inspiredron Sun Mar 03, 2019 11:19 pm

Suggest that you buy a bottle brush to leave in the tube. Catches the filth and easy to pull out.

Male

Member Age : 83
Auto-Sleeper Model : Lancashire
Vehicle Year : 2012

Back to top Go down

Post by jennyandpeter Mon Mar 04, 2019 2:27 pm

Already done  up! 
 Auto-Sleeper Warwick Duo Modifications 2017+ - Page 5 4k1MgUs
jennyandpeter
jennyandpeter

Male

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 15 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10 ... 15  Next