The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Veba Reversing camera fault

+4
rgermain
Gromit
PLOUGHLIN
davidcs
8 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Veba Reversing camera fault - Page 2 Empty Re: Veba Reversing camera fault

Post by spanner Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:19 am

Hello Peter, my apologies, yes you are correct it's been a long while since I had a damp problem with my rear camera and I had forgotten that the connection to the camera uses a miniature 4 pole jack plug.

The 5m svhs cable does have the correct fitting to connect to the control unit as I've used the lead to connect a second camera on our own van which works fine but I did have to adapt  the cable to suit a phono type plug and a Jack plug for the DC 12V at camera end.

The camera end of the svhs cable would need a new 4 pole connector instead of the svhs but is possible.
Personally I don't think that there are any components in the original lead, just 4 cores, a 12v + and ground then  two for the video signal, obviously it's vital to connect the 12V + to the correct part of the new female jack at the camera end.

I realise that this is not the sort of job that most owners are happy to have a go at but it is possible.

This is a family run business at Shrewsbury that are not far away and are Veba agents

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

We Are the Official Appointed Audio visual Repair Centre for Auto Trail 
Motorhomes Radio / Audio Visual Systems
spanner
spanner

Male

Member Age : 104
Auto-Sleeper Model : Broadway EL Duo
Vehicle Year : 2013

Back to top Go down

Veba Reversing camera fault - Page 2 Empty Re: Veba Reversing camera fault

Post by Peter Brown Thu Mar 23, 2017 1:16 pm

spanner wrote:

The camera end of the svhs cable would need a new 4 pole connector instead of the svhs but is possible.
Personally I don't think that there are any components in the original lead, just 4 cores, a 12v + and ground then  two for the video signal, obviously it's vital to connect the 12V + to the correct part of the new female jack at the camera end.

Only 3 of the 4 cores are used, +ve, common and signal.  Using another cable as return to bell out the cable the resistance reading of the signal cable would initially give a low reading but very quickly go to high, suggesting that an in series capacitor was being charged, of course that may be the fault rather than an installed component.  Unfortunately the cable would have to be destroyed to find out what's in the moulding.

Peter #1
Peter Brown
Peter Brown
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper Model : Broadway EB
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2