The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Veba Reversing Camera

+7
roli
Fluff
inspiredron
nimbus
pjkxpjkx
Peter Brown
soloart
11 posters

Go down

Veba Reversing Camera Empty Veba Reversing Camera

Post by soloart Thu May 15, 2014 5:21 pm

Hi,
I've just taken delivery of my new Warwick XL. Unfortunately it was delivered with no instruction manuals. These are to be provided in the next few days.
Does anyone know how to change the Veba reversing camera to give a permanent feed rather than just when in reverse gear.
soloart
soloart

Male

Member Age : 64
Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick

Back to top Go down

Veba Reversing Camera Empty Re: Veba Reversing Camera

Post by Peter Brown Thu May 15, 2014 5:32 pm

I don't know whether its an issue with the Peugeot but I had to fit a switch to disconnect the Veba completely to stop it interfering with my Mercedes radio and my Tomtom sat nav. It was on permanently and I now only switch it on (manually) when I need it.

If you do want to change it you will have to rewire it.

Peter

Peter #1
Peter Brown
Peter Brown
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper Model : Broadway EB
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by pjkxpjkx Thu May 15, 2014 9:48 pm

What model Veba?
Our Warwick Duo has a Veba AV70MM which is a 7 inch mirror monitor not a reversing camera.
It has a Remote Control about 8.5 by 3.5 cms with a 4 way controller marked Video Select and Mode also left and right keys.
You use this to select the driving mirror or reversing camera functions and flip the driving mirror view.
Your remote control may be with the manuals...
Pete
pjkxpjkx
pjkxpjkx

Male

Member Age : 76
Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick Duo

Back to top Go down

Post by soloart Thu May 15, 2014 10:10 pm

Thanks Pete, it is indeed an Veba AV70MM. I'll speak with Marquis tomorrow and see if they can track it down.
Steve
soloart
soloart

Male

Member Age : 64
Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick

Back to top Go down

Post by nimbus Sat May 17, 2014 9:37 am

The Veba camera and monitor pick up the 12v supply under the driver's door step. At least they do on our Warwick Duo. It's quite simple to remove the step which is held in place by three screws, from memory. It may also be necessary to remove the curved plastic moulding which is to the right of the accelerator, again quite simple.

On our van the monitor and camera are ignition controlled and permanently on when the engine is running. I would think it would be fairly straightforward to alter the 12v feed so that it's permanently on when the engine is running.

As an aside I've also installed an additional camera at low level under the rear plastic step as the high level one is useless when it rains as it gets covered in water. It was easy to do as all the connections are under the driver's door step, including a spare video connector and the cameras can be changed with the remote control.
nimbus

Male

Member Age : 83

Back to top Go down

Post by pjkxpjkx Sat May 17, 2014 11:13 pm

Useful knowledge.  On our Warwick Duo the camera and wiring was replaced by Marquis under warranty.
It now seems to have an igntion feed and a reversing feed.  When you select reverse gear it goes off and comes back on.  Does that make sense?
Pete
pjkxpjkx
pjkxpjkx

Male

Member Age : 76

RogerN likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by inspiredron Sun May 18, 2014 7:33 am

As has been mentioned you should have a small remote control.  The power button lets you put the camera in permanent mode or reverskng only mode. But if you have selected reversing only mode and you switch off the ignition while still in reverse gear the camera will come back on in permanent mode when you restart. Your camera should be on AV2. The AV1 input is not controlled by the reverse gear switch.

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Lancashire
Vehicle Year : 2012

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluff Sun May 27, 2018 7:31 pm

nimbus wrote:The Veba camera and monitor pick up the 12v supply under the driver's door step. At least they do on our Warwick Duo. It's quite simple to remove the step which is held in place by three screws, from memory. It may also be necessary to remove the curved plastic moulding which is to the right of the accelerator, again quite simple.

On our van the monitor and camera are ignition controlled and permanently on when the engine is running. I would think it would be fairly straightforward to alter the 12v feed so that it's permanently on when the engine is running.

As an aside I've also installed an additional camera at low level under the rear plastic step as the high level one is useless when it rains as it gets covered in water. It was easy to do as all the connections are under the driver's door step, including a spare video connector and the cameras can be changed with the remote control.

I’m looking to add an extra camera, to keep on permanently, to be able to see a little further back than the original reversing camera does.
Searching the forum I found this post from Nimbus. If you are still around could I ask if your extra camera simply plugged into the spare DIN plug (I think that’s what they’re called) or did you have to do other bits of juggling.
Under the step cover my camera is connected via the yellow DIN plug (and it is displayed as AV2) with a red female as a “spare”.
Assuming this is red one connects to AV1 I simply swapped the connections but no signal is apparent on AV1 or 2.
However I did hear a faint “electrical” click from the mirror unit when I plugged yellow to red.
The only other problem, as you mentioned, is keeping the lens clean as the amount of muck thrown up the back of the van is annoying to say the least.
Any help from yourself, or anyone else, would be greatly appreciated.

Male

Member Age : 69

Back to top Go down

Post by nimbus Sun May 27, 2018 7:57 pm

It was a long time ago and I no longer have the van, but I can still remember how I went about it.
I ran a new video cable with phono type connectors at each end, one end connecting to the spare connector at the door step and the other end to the camera. I routed and clipped the cable underneath the seat. The 12v supply was taken from the back of the 12v ignition controlled socket at the offside rear. This required removing the upholstered panel and feeding both cables down through a large rubber gromit at the bottom of the void. Not an easy job, I seem to remember, and I think I fed a draw wire from underneath the van and used this to pull both cables through.
Tha ccd camera was bracket mounted to the underside of the plastic bumper. Surpringly this camera was unaffected by even the heaviest rain. It probably took me half a day to complete and the most difficult part was getting the cable from the connector under the door step into the Truma area. In retrospect it would probably have been easier to run the cable under van.
Whether it was worth the effort is debatable. It was just that I had a spare camera and wanted to find a use for it!
Good luck

nimbus

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluff Sun May 27, 2018 8:40 pm

nimbus wrote:It was a long time ago and I no longer have the van,  but I can still remember how I went about it.
I ran a new video cable with phono type connectors at each end, one end connecting to the spare connector at the door step and the other end to the camera. I routed and clipped the cable underneath the seat. The 12v supply was taken from the back of the 12v ignition controlled socket at the offside rear. This required removing the upholstered panel and feeding both cables down through a large rubber gromit at the bottom of the void. Not an easy job, I seem to remember, and I think I fed a draw wire from underneath the van and used this to pull both cables through.
Tha ccd camera was bracket mounted to the underside of the plastic bumper. Surpringly this camera was unaffected by even the heaviest rain. It probably took me half a day to complete and the most difficult part was getting the cable from the connector under the door step into the Truma area. In retrospect it would probably have been easier to run the cable under van.
Whether it was worth the effort is debatable. It was just that I had a spare camera and wanted to find a use for it!
Good luck

Thanks for the swift response.
So the second camera just plugged straight into the spare phono (not DIN) plug with no extra work.
Still can’t figure why I got no response when I swapped the plugs over. I could be missing something or have a faulty unit.
More investigation needed I think.
Thanks again Fluff

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by nimbus Sun May 27, 2018 9:16 pm

Presumably you selected the the second video input on the remote?
nimbus

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluff Sun May 27, 2018 9:37 pm

nimbus wrote:Presumably you selected the the second video input on the remote?
Yes looked at both AV1 and 2

The "electical click" concerns me, as if the wiring isn't right  shrugg

I don't yet have a second camera but for £7 on fleabay I may just risk it.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by nimbus Sun May 27, 2018 9:44 pm

There is a multi pin connector from the monitor above the headlining by the rear view mirror. It could be a poor connection here, but the plastic moulded headlining needs to be removed. Incidentally the Veba monitor is not the most reliable. I was on my second one.
nimbus

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluff Sun May 27, 2018 9:49 pm

nimbus wrote:There is a multi pin connector from the monitor above the headlining by the rear view mirror. It could be a poor connection here, but the plastic moulded headlining needs to be removed. Incidentally the Veba monitor is not the most reliable. I was on my second one.

That's worth a look
cheers

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by roli Mon May 28, 2018 7:53 am

I was recently having some work done and mentioned to the auto electrician about the mirror and preferring to have it on with the ignition and not having to turn it on. No problem he said as the cab step was off ( as suggested by nimbus in earlier post ) less than a couple of minutes bingo.  Well worth doing.
roli
roli

Male

Back to top Go down

Veba Reversing Camera Empty Hi all

Post by Tony Ollier Sun Jul 08, 2018 5:49 pm

I have just purchased Broadway with Veba camera however no instructions on how to use the remote can anyone help with a copy?
Tony Ollier
Tony Ollier

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Broadway Ek

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Brown Sun Jul 08, 2018 6:24 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

This is all you get.

Peter #1
Peter Brown
Peter Brown
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper Model : Broadway EB

Back to top Go down

Post by Tonyzz Mon Dec 05, 2022 1:09 am

Thanks for the instructions post thats all I have also put new battery in remote still nothing found that to get the reverse camera I needed to turn on the main switch under the seat
Tonyzz
Tonyzz

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Sprinter Burford

Back to top Go down

Post by matchlessman Thu Jan 19, 2023 8:51 am

Having a remote control for the mirror mounted monitor is the daftest thing ever. When you are driving along and you want to switch cameras or turn on/off it is not a good idea to be rooting through a glove box to find the plip  and then trying to identify which button does the trick while pointing in the general direction. The best monitor I had just had a touch sensitive area. The monitor will always(?) Be within easy reach  why make life so difficult. I have never needed to manage the monitor/cameras from anywhere other than the drivers seat.
matchlessman
matchlessman

Male

Member Age : 67
Auto-Sleeper Model : Ex owner - Symbol ES
Vehicle Year : 2011

Back to top Go down

Post by FreelanderUK Thu Jan 19, 2023 11:27 am

My remote lives it the little plastic sleeve behind the sun visor , when I put the sun visor down it’s with in easy reach and just in the right position to push the button and it work with the monitor

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick XL

Back to top Go down

Post by matchlessman Thu Jan 19, 2023 12:23 pm

Fair enough, still easier to touch a corner of the mirror/monitor.
matchlessman
matchlessman

Male

Member Age : 67
Auto-Sleeper Model : Ex owner - Symbol ES
Vehicle Year : 2011

Back to top Go down