The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Veba av70mm reversing camera remote

3 posters

Go down

Veba av70mm reversing camera remote Empty Veba av70mm reversing camera remote

Post by rp kiwi Thu Aug 15, 2019 5:42 pm

My system has automatically switched from AV1 to AV2 and i now get a blue screen and no signal message. i must have parked next to an interferring signal and it changed my camera system. i dont have a remote so is there a manual method to switch back to AV1? does anyone have a remote please and willing to post to NZ. I will pay the costs. Kind regards.
rp kiwi
rp kiwi

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Tribute
Vehicle Year : 2013

Back to top Go down

Veba av70mm reversing camera remote Empty Re: Veba av70mm reversing camera remote

Post by marbarsymbol Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:29 pm

One English website that may be able to source you a remote :-
 https://www.reversingcamerasuk.com/remote-control-for-rear-view-monitor.html

Another suggestion is to find the connection point between the camera feed and the monitor cable. Possibly located under the floor/step near the front door. Swap over the video feeds for AV1 and AV2. Otherwise, try and find another Motorhome owner with a similar remote.
Hope this helps.
Regards
Martin
marbarsymbol
marbarsymbol

Male

Member Age : 75
Auto-Sleeper Model : Symbol
Vehicle Year : 2014

Back to top Go down

Veba av70mm reversing camera remote Empty Re: Veba av70mm reversing camera remote

Post by inspiredron Fri Aug 16, 2019 7:14 am

I am unfamiliar with a Tribute installation but don't think your diagnosis is correct. With the Veba cameras and monitors the camera can switch to always on if you turn off the ignition while in reverse gear. Then the only way to switch back to reverse gear triggering is with the remote. With your problem it appears that the connection between the reverse light or its switch and the monitor control module has come adrift or that the control module is faulty. On my van that module (a small black box half the size of a matchbox) is underneath the cooled drink box whose lid is on top of the dashboard on the passenger side. On a previous van I had intermittent blue screens as you describe and the monitor was replaced while under warranty.

Male

Member Age : 83
Auto-Sleeper Model : Lancashire
Vehicle Year : 2012

Back to top Go down