The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kitchen Tap leak Symbol 2002 (Gold Mixer Tap)

4 posters

Go down

Kitchen Tap leak Symbol 2002 (Gold Mixer Tap) Empty Kitchen Tap leak Symbol 2002 (Gold Mixer Tap)

Post by glazenby Thu May 16, 2013 6:55 pm

I am looking for a replacement (original) so I can extract the inner, or alternatively the inner workings for this tap which is leaking. Replacing the tap itself will be a mega job which I want to avoid if I can. I have tried to download a picture but without success - but it is a domestic style mixer tap with a plastic inner containing the ceramic workings.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
glazenby
glazenby

Male

Member Age : 77
Auto-Sleeper Model : symbol

Back to top Go down

Kitchen Tap leak Symbol 2002 (Gold Mixer Tap) Empty Re: Kitchen Tap leak Symbol 2002 (Gold Mixer Tap)

Post by Paulmold Thu May 16, 2013 7:15 pm

You get more replies if you say hello here first....

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

details of how to post photos can be found here...

Paulmold
Paulmold
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 73
Auto-Sleeper Model : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Kitchen Tap leak Symbol 2002 (Gold Mixer Tap) Empty Re: Kitchen Tap leak Symbol 2002 (Gold Mixer Tap)

Post by Paulmold Fri May 17, 2013 7:17 am

Having searched through Ebay for photos of kitchen taps fitted in Symbols of your's age, then it looks like there are 2 types fitted. Is it this type.....

or this type.....

I know neither are gold but just trying to establish which type it is.

If it is the single lever type, you should be able to get the ceramic cartridge to fit, perhaps this one...

Hope this is some help
Paulmold
Paulmold
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 73
Auto-Sleeper Model : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by glazenby Fri May 17, 2013 9:02 am

Thanks for this info which is very helpful. It is the single lever type and the cartridge you have found is similar but the shaped seal at the base is different though could be worth a speculation. I have feelers out with Brownhills and Leisuredirect so I will see what they come up with first before ordering it, though not too optimistic. Brownhills have been in the business for a long time so possibly they may have one lying among their old dusty stock! Autosleeper can provide me with a chrome version, which if it was the same make as the gold one I have then I could use the mechanism so I may pursue that option also. I will keep you informed and thanks again for your help
glazenby
glazenby

Male

Back to top Go down

Kitchen Tap leak Symbol 2002 (Gold Mixer Tap) Empty Re-Kitchen tap leak symbol 2002

Post by burlingtonboaby Fri May 17, 2013 10:32 am

Hi Glazenby
If you haven't been able to get anything from Pauls E-*** tap selection, heres a couple of other websites that might be able to help with your search.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] located in East Yorks and [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] If your in the north end of East Yorks, i.e Brid/Scarboro then try the Reighton accessory centre , its on the old Bridlington road.
I will p.m you the phone number.
Boaby
burlingtonboaby
burlingtonboaby
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper Model : Devon Firefly
Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down

Post by glazenby Fri May 17, 2013 11:03 am

Not far from o'learys so will go and see what they have. Thanks for your help and I will check out the others also.
glazenby
glazenby

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Harper22 Sun May 19, 2013 12:31 pm

burlingtonboaby wrote:Hi Glazenby
If you haven't been able to get anything from Pauls E-*** tap selection, heres a couple of other websites that might be able to help with your search.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] located in East Yorks and [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] If your in the north end of East Yorks, i.e Brid/Scarboro then try the Reighton accessory centre , its on the old Bridlington road.
I will p.m you the phone number.
Boaby

I highly recommend the reighton spares place, Little aladdins cave it is, I got a new (second hand) ignition button for the cooker and the tabletop that is now a shelf and rear lift up table in the kitchen from there and both together cost me less than a tenner up! they have baskets and baskets full of second hand bits and pieces from caravans and Mh's well worth a visit especially for anyone needing replacement blinds etc
Harper22
Harper22

Male

Member Age : 45
Auto-Sleeper Model : Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post by glazenby Sun May 19, 2013 4:34 pm

Thanks - does the Reighton place have a name, or is it obvious when I get their. I might pop in tomorrow. Thanks for advice.
glazenby
glazenby

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Harper22 Mon May 20, 2013 3:16 pm

glazenby wrote:Thanks - does the Reighton place have a name, or is it obvious when I get their. I might pop in tomorrow. Thanks for advice.

Its just called reighton caravan centre from memory. Its on the side road (not the new main road) around reighton sands holiday park (haven)
Harper22
Harper22

Male

Member Age : 45
Auto-Sleeper Model : Harmony

Back to top Go down

Kitchen Tap leak Symbol 2002 (Gold Mixer Tap) Empty Solution

Post by glazenby Tue May 21, 2013 8:10 pm

Hopefully (and with all your help) the solution has been to replace the cartridge inside the actual tap at a princely cost of £5 + P&P off e bay. I had to modify it slightly so as to ensure a tight fit but at the moment it seems to have solved the issue without the need to change the whole tap. As a matter of interest had I needed to change the tap, the procedure as advised by Autosleepers would have been: 1.Take off the top vent panel for the fridge then 2. Remove some sort of back panel fastened to the back of the fridge (not too clear on this but it seemed a simple procedure) this would then allow easy access to the underneath of the tap. I include that info just in case someone needs to go that far.
Again thanks for all help.
glazenby
glazenby

Male

Back to top Go down