The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mixer Tap Leak 1999 Symbol

2 posters

Go down

Mixer Tap Leak 1999 Symbol Empty Mixer Tap Leak 1999 Symbol

Post by brianb Mon Jul 18, 2016 10:51 pm

My van has a gold coloured mixer tap in kitchen with separate hot & colds tap heads either side of a single housing - water from hot tap dribbles from mixer spout constantly when pump is left on - when pump turned off flow slows to drip and eventually stops after about 45 minutes - I assumed cause is a worn washer, and having replaced washers in domestic taps several times I tried to do so with the van tap - but ..... Despite using a variety of spanners  I cannot get the valve housing to unscrew - my first thought was that it has seized through age - but have since wondered if for some reason van taps are not intended to be taken apart (perhaps due to presence of micro switch??) - I wonder if anyone can advise me please .

N.B. Note to webmaster - I posted a similarly worded enquiry yesterday, and had one reply, but cannot now see it on the forum - apologies if I have slipped up here, but I am new to this.
brianb
brianb

Male

Member Age : 76
Auto-Sleeper Model : Symbol
Vehicle Year : 1999

Back to top Go down

Mixer Tap Leak 1999 Symbol Empty Further info

Post by brianb Mon Jul 18, 2016 11:31 pm

Responding to my own post - I have now discovered that I somehow managed to get my original topic yesterday on to the 'Monocoque' section of the forum by mistake, so at least that explains that one!   

As regards the main issue of the dribbling tap, the vehicle handbook appears to suggest it has a 'pressure sensitive' pump system, which from research on the www would seem to rule out the presence of micro switch within the tap, so I'm still none the wiser as to why I can't get the valve unscrewed let alone stop the  dribble - any suggestions gratefully received
brianb
brianb

Male

Back to top Go down

Mixer Tap Leak 1999 Symbol Empty Re: Mixer Tap Leak 1999 Symbol

Post by BobK Tue Jul 19, 2016 9:53 am

Not sure of the layout of your tap, BrianB, but I have successfully un-seized tap valves by pouring a kettle of boiling water over the housing first ..  .. expands the housing enough to allow you to unscrew the internals.

good luck
BobK
BobK

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Autosleepless!!

Back to top Go down

Mixer Tap Leak 1999 Symbol Empty Re: Mixer Tap Leak 1999 Symbol

Post by brianb Tue Jul 19, 2016 11:44 am

Many thanks for the tip Bob - van out today for MOT and base vehicle service, but I will give that a try when I get it back
brianb
brianb

Male

Back to top Go down