The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duetto Kitchen Sink Mixer Taps Spout

3 posters

Go down

Duetto Kitchen Sink Mixer Taps Spout Empty Duetto Kitchen Sink Mixer Taps Spout

Post by Alistair Sat Jun 29, 2019 9:03 pm

The kitchen sink mixer tap water spout on our 1998 Duetto has snapped off. It has a spigot on the end that fits into a fitting on the short pipe connecting the two taps, and this is held in and sealed by an O-ring, and has snapped off around the O-ring groove. I've fished the broken bits out so we can use the spout by pushing it into its home, but it leaks and falls out easily. I've asked Auto Sleeper if they stock them but I doubt it. If I could just get the spout, it would be an easy fix as it could be simply inserted into its home in the mixing pipe. I doubt that this will be possible so am likely to have to replace the taps completely. But, I can't see how to get at the back of the sink to access the plumbing and the means of securing the taps. The cupboard under the sink has a back panel attached by screws, but even if that can be removed, access would be tight.

Does anyone know if the spouts are available, and from where?

Can anyone give me some hints on how to remove the taps?

Many thanks.

Alistair
Alistair
Alistair

Auto-Sleeper Model : 1998 Duetto

Back to top Go down

Duetto Kitchen Sink Mixer Taps Spout Empty Re: Duetto Kitchen Sink Mixer Taps Spout

Post by Crystalvoyager Sun Jun 30, 2019 7:49 am

I'm not sure if this is going to be helpful as I have a 97 Symphony which is based on a Boxer not a Ford but from what I've seen they are similar. When I had to replace my kitchen tap I removed the top outside vent to gain access. Fiddly but achievable. The Symphony uses Reich mixer taps on the kitchen sink and bathroom. Being plastic they fail over time and aren't really serviceable. I got a replacement for about 45 quid off ebay. It really niggles to pay this price for such a crap piece of kit but I couldn't find anything else that would fit. To make matters worse, the new model has smoother knobs which causes the boss with arthritic hands to curse everytime she uses it. Hope this helps.
Crystalvoyager
Crystalvoyager

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Symphony
Vehicle Year : 1997

Back to top Go down

Duetto Kitchen Sink Mixer Taps Spout Empty Re: Duetto Kitchen Sink Mixer Taps Spout

Post by Bulletguy Sun Jun 30, 2019 3:46 pm

Alistair wrote:The kitchen sink mixer tap water spout on our 1998 Duetto has snapped off......so am likely to have to replace the taps completely. But, I can't see how to get at the back of the sink to access the plumbing and the means of securing the taps. The cupboard under the sink has a back panel attached by screws, but even if that can be removed, access would be tight.

Does anyone know if the spouts are available, and from where?

Can anyone give me some hints on how to remove the taps?
Fortunately it's not a job i've had to tackle so can only assume the bib to be the most likely route......unless removal of sink unit is easy which would give much better access to the tap. Worth asking A/S or one of their dealers if no forum poster has done the job.

New mixer taps can be sourced from any m/h accessory shop and i've bought a number of items from this particular trader and wouldn't hesitate to recommend the guy - good prices, very fair p&p, plus you get a wealth of info help from him too! 
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Bulletguy
Bulletguy

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Vanless

Back to top Go down