The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Additional Storage in Walkthrough Step

+2
Paulmold
SuperGypo
6 posters

Go down

Additional Storage in Walkthrough Step Empty Additional Storage in Walkthrough Step

Post by SuperGypo Sat Aug 17, 2024 5:09 pm

Hi all

Just finished adding some extra storage, in fact more than we realised to our Symbol. The step at the front of the van by the walkthrough. We looked at it and thought, what's under there? Turns out nothing other than a few thin cables for the floor lighting.

We templated the original floor and cut out a new piece (keeping all the original bits in case the next owner wants to put it back to standard).

Added a flap to the new piece and a bit of cutting, drilling, and sewing later we have a whole new cupboard  up!

Bit of a faff having to screw it down as AS hadn't done the best job in the world and ended up having to take the seat out to get clean access for drilling. All told, straight forward enough though.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
SuperGypo
SuperGypo

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Symbol
Vehicle Year : 2020

v8oholic, andyh, Sheppy and OutdoorQueen like this post

Back to top Go down

Additional Storage in Walkthrough Step Empty Re: Additional Storage in Walkthrough Step

Post by Paulmold Sat Aug 17, 2024 5:18 pm

Several members have had similar thoughts, here's a previous thread...

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 73
Auto-Sleeper Model : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

SuperGypo likes this post

Back to top Go down

Additional Storage in Walkthrough Step Empty Re: Additional Storage in Walkthrough Step

Post by palette Sun Aug 18, 2024 12:15 pm

Well done SuperGypo, an excellent job.

Male

Member Age : 66
Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick XL
Vehicle Year : 2017

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocky Sun Aug 18, 2024 12:41 pm

Nice job.  I'll be looking at something like this soon.   up!
Rocky
Rocky

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick XL MQ
Vehicle Year : 2023

Back to top Go down

Post by v8oholic Sun Aug 18, 2024 1:20 pm

A very neat job. It's exactly the sort of thing I'd love to have, but would prefer someone else to do it for me. If I did it myself, it probably wouldn't look quite that good!

I'd also change it slightly by removing the table base, as I never use that table and don't even carry it anymore.
v8oholic
v8oholic

Male

Vehicle Year : 2021

Back to top Go down

Post by SuperGypo Sun Aug 18, 2024 5:42 pm

Just noticed that some of the pics didn't upload. So here's another of the carpet.

SuperGypo
SuperGypo

Male

v8oholic likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by SuperGypo Sun Aug 18, 2024 5:48 pm

v8oholic wrote:A very neat job. It's exactly the sort of thing I'd love to have, but would prefer someone else to do it for me. If I did it myself, it probably wouldn't look quite that good!

I'd also change it slightly by removing the table base, as I never use that table and don't even carry it anymore.
Luckily, Mrs SuperGypo is a dab hand with a needle and thread  allthumbz
SuperGypo
SuperGypo

Male

v8oholic likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by SuperGypo Sun Aug 18, 2024 5:51 pm

v8oholic wrote:A very neat job. It's exactly the sort of thing I'd love to have, but would prefer someone else to do it for me. If I did it myself, it probably wouldn't look quite that good!

Would save a lot of hassle not putting it in, trying to get it lined up was awkward. We use it a lot though  smile!
SuperGypo
SuperGypo

Male

v8oholic likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Relaxez-Vous Wed Aug 21, 2024 6:35 pm

In our 2019 Kemerton XL there is no blown air outlet to the right of the 13 amp socket, what we have instead are two outlets built into the step. Each outlet is fed from a separate pipe from the Truma unit.

Incidentally when I was fitting a Votronic solar controller a while back, I did remove the top of the step to connect a wire to the vehicle battery. There was a bit of storage space potentially but not as much as has been featured in this thread. Nevertheless I like the idea of being able to store shoes in this area, even if it isn't my high heels.
Relaxez-Vous
Relaxez-Vous

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Kemerton XL
Vehicle Year : 2019

Back to top Go down

Post by SuperGypo Fri Aug 23, 2024 11:55 am

I'm going to see if I can squeeze me knee length boots in there 🧐
SuperGypo
SuperGypo

Male

Relaxez-Vous likes this post

Back to top Go down