The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Weather

+8
Paulmold
BobK
Bilbobaggins
burlingtonboaby
Askit
IanH
groundhog
Dave 418
12 posters

Page 1 of 15 1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 15  Next

Go down

Weather Empty Weather

Post by Dave 418 Thu Jul 18, 2024 4:43 pm

It’s been a lovely sunny and warm day with a slight breeze meaning I got the hedge cut back. Whilst the van was pulled over I noticed a couple of muddy foot prints and football marks on the side of the van.  They must have happened when we were away last time whilst we were staying on the forest site.confused3
I am glad it was only the side hedge because my back and hand are sore now. Maybe a nice drop of something to ease the aches is on order after tea.
Dave 418
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 69
Auto-Sleeper Model : Rienza
Vehicle Year : 2005

Back to top Go down

Weather Empty Re: Weather

Post by groundhog Thu Jul 18, 2024 8:37 pm

Lovely sunny day today, realtor this morning with a drone and video, what happened to a tape measure and clipboard.
Sunny afternoon and good forecast for tomorrow but downhill after that, knew it wouldn't last.
Have a great evening all.
groundhog
groundhog
Donator
Donator

Auto-Sleeper Model : Worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by IanH Fri Jul 19, 2024 6:43 am

Clear blue skies and already warm here right now.

Motorhome show today, getting there early as probably too hot mid afternoon, 27c alleged... rainyday
IanH
IanH
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Executive
Vehicle Year : 2002

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave 418 Fri Jul 19, 2024 8:54 am

Another bright and warm start today. Our son did mention he might want me to take him to look for a new bike. He has the idea of riding to work rather than using the buses. Whilst we are out muttly needs more dinners so I will call in the pet place on route.
I am bracing for domestic agro once management checks the calendar. I booked a pub stop early next month after checking the calendar. This morning I noticed an appointment card on the worktop for her wig trim on the day I have booked. The rule in this house is any appointments go on the Callander. No doubt she can alter the appointment but it will be my fault.gettinwrong
Dave 418
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Askit Fri Jul 19, 2024 9:04 am

Bright start here too, bit of cloud but improving as the day goes on with a high of 21°c. Heading for a walk round the local nature reserve and will do my best not to scare the wildlife. Looks like the end of the dry spell tomorrow as we head home  shrugg

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 75
Auto-Sleeper Model : Neuvo EK LP
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Post by groundhog Fri Jul 19, 2024 9:24 am

Lovely start to the day, bright sunshine but forecast is going downhill later. Back from early shop seems very quiet out and about.
Enjoy your travels all.
groundhog
groundhog
Donator
Donator

Back to top Go down

Post by burlingtonboaby Fri Jul 19, 2024 10:09 am

Scorcheoo, beautiful sunrise at dawn,back in with Tag before the sun heats up the pavements.
Having an admin day and bbq later.
Have a nice day.
Boaby
burlingtonboaby
burlingtonboaby
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Devon Firefly
Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave 418 Fri Jul 19, 2024 4:38 pm

It’s certainly been a hot day here. I managed to walk muttly early before it got too hot. Having a double coat he must feel the heat.
Just as we got back our naibor called because he needed us to move our car a bit. He has brought his Green Goddes home to get it ready for the fire brigade fate this weekend.
We took our son to look for a bike. The prices were silly for him to ride to work but they suggest a place that took their trade in bikes. 
He found one for forty pounds. It’s nothing special but it will suit his needs and be less likely to be stolen. We left him to ride home. As yet he hasn’t said he has got home but I am sure he is ok.
Dave 418
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Askit Fri Jul 19, 2024 7:25 pm

Hard luck, you could have had mine for free but I guess it would cost more than £40 to get to Glasgow and back  snigger Weather has been a bit disappointing today, it did stay dry but a stiff breeze has stopped any chance of decent heat building up. We had a good walk round the nature reserve though, spotted loads of Sand Martins (nest wall), one Roe Deer and a toad (about a centimeter short).

Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by burlingtonboaby Fri Jul 19, 2024 7:45 pm

Temperatures reached 28 degrees here, still 24 outside , just polished of some garden strawberries.
Swifts out in numbers tonight,some swallows and house martins.
Have a nice night.
Boaby
burlingtonboaby
burlingtonboaby
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Askit Sat Jul 20, 2024 8:58 am

Our strawbs are long gone, the birds got the ones we missed. Dry and bright this morning but we're heading towards the rain as it comes in from the west. Hopefully we'll get back and sorted before it gets too heavy.

Last edited by Askit on Sat Jul 20, 2024 1:34 pm; edited 1 time in total

Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave 418 Sat Jul 20, 2024 8:58 am

A warm sticky start this morning. We managed a comfortable night with the fan on overnight but this warm weather is not helping my aches. After trimming the side hedge my hand is still stiff. 
I am thinking a cordless trimmer might make it easier being lighter and not having to trail mains leads about. It wouldn’t need to be anything special because we havnt got much hedge and the hedges only gets trimmed weather allowing. Maybe I will look what Screwfix have to offer.
Dave 418
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by burlingtonboaby Sat Jul 20, 2024 10:13 am

Beautiful sunrise at dawn, light cloud cover,however still very warm at 22 degrees .
Have a nice weekend.
Boaby
burlingtonboaby
burlingtonboaby
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by groundhog Sat Jul 20, 2024 10:27 am

Dave 418 wrote:A warm sticky start this morning. We managed a comfortable night with the fan on overnight but this warm weather is not helping my aches. After trimming the side hedge my hand is still stiff. 
I am thinking a cordless trimmer might make it easier being lighter and not having to trail mains leads about. It wouldn’t need to be anything special because we havnt got much hedge and the hedges only gets trimmed weather allowing. Maybe I will look what Screwfix have to offer.
Go for it Dave, I went cordless for all our strimming, blowing and hedge cutting tools and it so much better, cleaner, lighter and neighbourhood friendly. I have a lot of hedges and bushes to keep trimmed so bought half a dozen batteries, everything I have is DeWalt, but you don't need to spend that much if you don't have so much to do. If I am cutting for two or three hours solid I probably get through three batteries but they recharge very quickly.
The weather this morning is a mix of rain, heavy rain and very heavy rain, should clear through this afternoon but a good opportunity to have a clear out of "stuff" from the cupboards.
Have a great day all and enjoy the sunshine whilst it lasts. allthumbz
groundhog
groundhog
Donator
Donator

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave 418 Sat Jul 20, 2024 10:59 am

A bit off topic regarding the weather but I have had a look at hedge trimmers from Screwfix. Price wise I was thinking about the £100 maximum. They have a STIHL with built in charger that is £105. 
I suppose a separate battery would be a bonus but for what I need to cut I should get it done on one charge.
My naibor is a gadget man. He has a De Walt pole trimmer, a normal De Walt and a petrol trimmer. His hedges are the same length as ours but about 8ft tall rather than our 6ft hight. Also he has a lawn mower.
We had to put a ban on his trimming when management was on nights before she put a death wish on him.
Dave 418
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by burlingtonboaby Sat Jul 20, 2024 12:17 pm

26 degrees outside, light cloud cover ,very hot when the sun comes out.
Nice inside with the Dyson cool on at half setting, a wee gentle breeze outside.
Boaby
burlingtonboaby
burlingtonboaby
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Askit Sun Jul 21, 2024 8:23 am

Morning all, back in the old routine. Bit cloudy but mainly dry today and a high of 21°c. The Olympics haven't started yet and I'm fed up with it already  shrugg

Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave 418 Sun Jul 21, 2024 8:47 am

Even with the fan on in the bedroom last night I was awake early hours feeling stuffy. Whist I was sorting breakfast a breeze was clearing the air. It’s nice to have the warmer weather but I feel it when my sleep pattern is disrupted.
Dave 418
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by groundhog Sun Jul 21, 2024 12:40 pm

Dry and warm but overcast, at least the rain has stopped. Just had our EPC done on the house, gone from F to C so all that work was worth it.
Glad I am not the only one with no interest in the oilypics Tony, does nothing for me.
Have a great day all
groundhog
groundhog
Donator
Donator

Back to top Go down

Post by IanH Sun Jul 21, 2024 2:43 pm

Another hot and dry day here today, breezier though..

Re Olympics, can't wait for the skateboarding..... snoozing
IanH
IanH
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Executive
Vehicle Year : 2002

Back to top Go down

Post by burlingtonboaby Sun Jul 21, 2024 3:05 pm

Started of grey and cooler at 18 degrees at dawn, warmer now! No rain in this area yet.
Have a nice day.
Boaby
burlingtonboaby
burlingtonboaby
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Askit Mon Jul 22, 2024 8:30 am

Another dull and cloudy start after last night's rain with a high if 19°c but it feels considerably cooler than that. We have more rain expected later this evening. I have a few things to be getting on with indoors today anyway.

I have no problem with the Olympics per se and accept these are lots of folk who enjoy the competition. My issue (like other sports) is the interminable discussions before, during and after events. I would be happy if the coverage was switched to BBC3 or limited to a 1 hour highlights catch up late at night  shrugg

Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by burlingtonboaby Mon Jul 22, 2024 10:27 am

No rain, breezy and overcast, good walk with Tag earlier .
Have a nice day
Boaby
burlingtonboaby
burlingtonboaby
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave 418 Mon Jul 22, 2024 8:57 pm

A cooler day here and it felt like rain was in the air. I fancied getting my wig trimmed today but I couldn’t decide if it was worth taking a jacket. In the end I walked down without it and the rain didn’t appear.
Management walked down with me so we could have lunch in town. The choice of places to eat is limited unless we went in the precinct. 
There is a walkway on the outskirts of town that has posh shops and a nice cafe. We were surprised to find it was still trading. 
Whilst we were having lunch a couple of well dressed ladies came in carrying Primark bags. Management said she looked at the prices in one of the frock shops and said she would rather buy from Primark.
Whilst the weather is holding off I gave our naibor a hand to get rid of the ivy on the fence and side of the shed. Unfortunately it exsposed rotted wood in a couple of places. After the repairs to the workshop I could do without any more wood repairs. No matter there is better access to this side so it wont be as difficult.
Dave 418
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Askit Tue Jul 23, 2024 8:23 am

Morning all. Better day in prospect with light cloud, a high of 21°c  and no rain. Need to take a collection of old electronics to the recycling centre before the refuse collectors refuse to collect  Whistle1 My Epson printer has joined the collection as ink is leaking somewhere inside and it's not worth the cost of a repair  shrugg

Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 15 1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 15  Next