The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2000 "Symbol" battery charging

2 posters

Go down

2000 "Symbol" battery charging Empty 2000 "Symbol" battery charging

Post by shantymanles Mon Jul 15, 2024 1:36 pm

Thank you to all those who helped me with my leisure battery qhery. I bought the suggested repair/pulse charger (brilliant and only £14.99) which did the job. Now fully charged at 12.8.  I connected it up to the split charge, but the Zig unit still only shows "red". I have checked all the relevent fuses, so now I am once again snookered. Where might I go from here folks?  Thank you in anticipation. 
 Shantymanles.
shantymanles
shantymanles

Male

Member Age : 86
Auto-Sleeper Model : Symbol

IanH likes this post

Back to top Go down

2000 "Symbol" battery charging Empty Re: 2000 "Symbol" battery charging

Post by RS49 Thu Jul 18, 2024 5:56 pm

Hi, I have a 2000 Harmony and I'm not an expert on the Symbol, it sounds like your control unit has developed a fault. The Zig unit is probably installed under the floor of a cupboard (either beneath the oven or sink on the Symbol). It's probably an X-7 Zig unit and Zig made an updated unit (X70) which they distribute via caravan/campervan shops. It's the same size so looks and connects exactly the same as your old unit and does the same job. This is what I had to do and I phoned Zig to get some of their retailers as they don't sell to the public. Hope you are successful in finding the root cause of your problem. Mine kept tripping the breaker if I switched on charging.

Paul Mold might know a firm that still repairs the original units if that is the issue.
RS49
RS49
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Harmony
Vehicle Year : 2000

shantymanles likes this post

Back to top Go down

2000 "Symbol" battery charging Empty 2000 "Symbol" battery charging

Post by shantymanles Fri Jul 19, 2024 4:13 pm

RS49 wrote:Hi, I have a 2000 Harmony and I'm not an expert on the Symbol, it sounds like your control unit has developed a fault. The Zig unit is probably installed under the floor of a cupboard (either beneath the oven or sink on the Symbol). It's probably an X-7 Zig unit and Zig made an updated unit (X70) which they distribute via caravan/campervan shops. It's the same size so looks and connects exactly the same as your old unit and does the same job. This is what I had to do and I phoned Zig to get some of their retailers as they don't sell to the public. Hope you are successful in finding the root cause of your problem. Mine kept tripping the breaker if I switched on charging.

Paul Mold might know a firm that still repairs the original units if that is the issue.
Thank you RS49
shantymanles
shantymanles

Male

Member Age : 86
Auto-Sleeper Model : Symbol

Back to top Go down