The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2000 "Symbol" battery charging

2 posters

Go down

2000 "Symbol" battery charging Empty 2000 "Symbol" battery charging

Post by shantymanles Sun Jul 09, 2023 2:08 pm

My 1.9 turbo diesel 2000 Zig unit appears to be malfunctioning. The aux. battery is fully charged (12.1) but the RED low charge remains ON. I drove for 10 miles yesterday, but no change.

Are any of you kind boffins out there able to assist?   ( I checked all the glass cartridge fuses in the unit and they are all OK)

Thank you in anticipation.

Les.
shantymanles
shantymanles

Male

Member Age : 86
Auto-Sleeper Model : Symbol

Back to top Go down

2000 "Symbol" battery charging Empty Re: 2000 "Symbol" battery charging

Post by Roopert Sun Jul 09, 2023 6:23 pm

shantymanles wrote:The aux. battery is fully charged (12.1) but the RED low charge remains ON.

Les - not sure if that's a typo, but 12.1V is nowhere near fully charged - fully charged is ~12.7V (depending a little bit on battery age) and 12.0V is as close to flat as makes no difference. If I had to guess, you've probably got a blown fuse on the split charge circuit. Usually this happens if you start the engine when the leisure battery is flat, or almost flat.
Roopert
Roopert

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Trooper
Vehicle Year : 2005

frederic, shantymanles and brianf like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by shantymanles Mon Jul 10, 2023 8:43 am

Roopert wrote:

Les - not sure if that's a typo, but 12.1V is nowhere near fully charged - fully charged is ~12.7V (depending a little bit on battery age) and 12.0V is as close to flat as makes no difference. If I had to guess, you've probably got a blown fuse on the split charge circuit. Usually this happens if you start the engine when the leisure battery is flat, or almost flat.
😊Thank you so much Roopert. Tis sounds highly likely to be the case. I'll be on to it today.  Cheers.
shantymanles
shantymanles

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by shantymanles Mon Jul 10, 2023 11:35 am

shantymanles wrote:
😊Thank you so much Roopert. Tis sounds highly likely to be the case. I'll be on to it today.  Cheers.

Spot on Roopert.  Aux. battery flat as a witch's tit and 20amp split charge fuse blown.  Thank you for sharing your expert knowledge.  Les.
shantymanles
shantymanles

Male

brianf and Roopert like this post

Back to top Go down