The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Access to Blown Air Heater - 1998 Duetto

2 posters

Go down

Access to Blown Air Heater - 1998 Duetto Empty Access to Blown Air Heater - 1998 Duetto

Post by Alistair Sat Mar 30, 2024 1:34 am

The Carver Cascade 4 blown-air heater on our 1998 Duetto has never worked in our ownership. When I press the ON button on the wall panel, there’s a click from the heater, but nothing else happens. I’d like to remove it and get it repaired, but getting it out looks difficult as the sliding squab of the bench seat has to be removed. I haven’t looked into it thoroughly yet, but has anyone any helpful hints on removing the squab?

Many thanks.
Alistair
Alistair

Auto-Sleeper Model : 1998 Duetto

Back to top Go down

Access to Blown Air Heater - 1998 Duetto Empty Re: Access to Blown Air Heater - 1998 Duetto

Post by Spoonvet Sat Mar 30, 2024 8:10 am

I had a 1999 Duetto - removed the heater to get it serviced. It is squeezed in tightly! Didn't have to remove anything to do with the sliding squab. The cover board on top can be removed giving access, gas supply is at the rear - and needs to be unscrewed, electrical feed can be unclipped at the front, take care not to damage the vent feeds when removing - they are made of card. Its tight but very doable. Even more fun to reinstall!

Send to...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Spoonvet
Spoonvet
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 57
Auto-Sleeper Model : Symbol
Vehicle Year : 2008

Back to top Go down

Access to Blown Air Heater - 1998 Duetto Empty Pics of heater and its very wee home!

Post by Spoonvet Sat Mar 30, 2024 8:20 am

Spoonvet wrote:I had a 1999 Duetto - removed the heater to get it serviced. It is squeezed in tightly! Didn't have to remove anything to do with the sliding squab. The cover board on top can be removed giving access, gas supply is at the rear - and needs to be unscrewed, electrical feed can be unclipped at the front, take care not to damage the vent feeds when removing - they are made of card. Its tight but very doable. Even more fun to reinstall!

Send to...

Spoonvet
Spoonvet
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Access to Blown Air Heater - 1998 Duetto Empty Re: Access to Blown Air Heater - 1998 Duetto

Post by Spoonvet Sat Mar 30, 2024 8:22 am

Spoonvet wrote:Access to Blown Air Heater - 1998 Duetto Heater10

The small space on the right is where the carver heater fits. Exhaust and air inlet underneath - check they are't secured under the van before removing heater.
Spoonvet
Spoonvet
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Alistair Mon Apr 01, 2024 5:03 am

Many thanks for your reply, Spoonvet. Very helpful. I was relying on my memory when thinking about access - the Duetto is in storage in Dorset and we are at home in New Zealand. I didn't explore the situation thoroughly last year when we were using the van so your comments and photos will be a great help. I want to get the heater going this year when we return so am gathering information in preparation. I've already been in touch with A&R Electronics and got a very helpful reply. They seem to know what they're doing. Their turnaround time for repairs is very short so I presume there isn't much to go wrong in the heater.

Thanks again.
Alistair
Alistair

Spoonvet likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Spoonvet Tue Apr 02, 2024 2:17 am

He does turn the heaters around quickly, nice service. I reversed wired mine accidently after getting it back and he sent me a new circuit board as a fix. Great service. Pain getting the heater out - and back in. Take care with the vent ducting and the gas pipe is tight to fit back - ~I used some sealant to ensure a gas tight fit - just use enough and take care not to block the gas pipe with excess.
Spoonvet
Spoonvet
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Alistair Tue Apr 02, 2024 2:37 am

Thanks again.
Alistair
Alistair

Back to top Go down