The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duetto blown air heater.

4 posters

Go down

Duetto blown air heater. Empty Duetto blown air heater.

Post by Meringata Sat Oct 15, 2016 7:17 pm

Just bought a 98 Duetto that has stood idle for a long time. Got most things working OK with the exception of the blown air heater. According to the handbook it should be a Propex but this Company are unable to help as it uses a P4 controller so is classed as a Carver. The P4 has a twist control knob and LEDs for fan, low heat and high. I can get the fan working but the gas lights drop out to flashing red after a few seconds. I have checked gas and battery and have cleared the underneath pipes as best I can. The unit appears inaccessible otherwise. I lack basic instructions for operation maybe. Any ideas please - it's chilly out there.
Meringata
Meringata

Male

Member Age : 91
Auto-Sleeper Model : Duetto
Vehicle Year : 1998

Back to top Go down

Duetto blown air heater. Empty Re: Duetto blown air heater.

Post by Tengah74 Sat Oct 15, 2016 7:26 pm

Not sure if it helps, but had a similar problem with our Sussex Duo, but found that the temp sensor in the habitation area had a wire adrift. Not being able the sense any temperature kept shutting the system down . Just a thought.
Tengah74

Male

Member Age : 83
Auto-Sleeper Model : Sussex duo

Back to top Go down

Post by janian Sat Oct 15, 2016 8:53 pm

I had exactly the same problem in my 1998 Duetto when first purchased and tried everything to rectify it. Magically, when I fitted a new leisure battery, it worked. I have no idea why! As yours has stood for a long time, maybe it has the same issue? I had charged the original battery but it would not hold a charge for very long.
janian
janian

Male

Member Age : 75
Auto-Sleeper Model : Nuevo
Vehicle Year : 2003

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Sat Oct 15, 2016 8:58 pm

Look in the fact sheets section (home page) and you,'ll find instructions for the P4 but it's incorrectly listed as C4 instructions. This will tell you what the number of flashes mean.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 73
Auto-Sleeper Model : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down