The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Weather

+15
Bilbobaggins
MalMonty
Kemerton-bath
Cymro
bikeralw
Peter Brown
Monty-Plym
Tinwheeler
Paulmold
IanH
groundhog
Dave Gee
Askit
Dave 418
burlingtonboaby
19 posters

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

Weather - Page 39 Empty Re: Weather

Post by Askit Fri Jul 12, 2024 8:59 am

Hope your trip back went smoothly GH. Lovely start over on the east coast with warm sunshine, won't last of course as the forecast is for a cloudy but dry day and 16°c. I'll take that. Enjoy your day whatever you're up to and happy travels if away.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 75
Auto-Sleeper Model : Neuvo EK LP
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave 418 Fri Jul 12, 2024 9:52 am

A bright and dry start so I will attempt to get my repairs finished today. The state of my workshop is starting to get me down. Things are starting to disappear under the wood butchering tools and the floor is desperate for a good sweeping. The off cuts of wood need to find a home in the shed for future projects.
Dave 418
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 69
Auto-Sleeper Model : Rienza
Vehicle Year : 2005

Back to top Go down

Post by IanH Fri Jul 12, 2024 9:55 am

If you know it's going to be unused for that duration, 2 ideas...(for GH)

Undercover storage somewhere secure?

Or, jack it up and put 4 axlestands, one each corner, just enough to keep the tyres off the ground. Also a small but worthwhile theft deterrent?

Wx OK here now but far from great, 15c max today, Atlantic High means North winds here and we do stick out a bit to get the worst of them....
IanH
IanH
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Executive
Vehicle Year : 2002

Back to top Go down

Post by burlingtonboaby Fri Jul 12, 2024 10:44 am

Another cool windy morning here on the East Riding , still dry , good walk with Tag at dawn and back in for porridge .
Nice to see everyone is back home safely. Take care those who are on tour Tony ?
Have a nice day.
Boaby
burlingtonboaby
burlingtonboaby
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Devon Firefly
Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down

Post by groundhog Fri Jul 12, 2024 12:13 pm

Very smooth crossing back from Roscoff, ferry was half empty though and the waiting vehicles for the return were very few in number. Does make me wonder how long Brittany Ferries will keep that route running.
We have no particular desire to use the van for holidays in the UK so it will probably just get used as a day van until we go away. No firm decisions yet, the thing behaved impeccably whilst away this time, had it not it would have been on its way to a new owner. I did consider exporting it to Canada and driving right across from east to west but of course all the electrics are different plus RHD is not ideal
The mercedes bit would handle it not so sure about the rest.
Weather, wet first thing now some sunshine so busy unloading, loads to do in the garden, the bees seem to be enjoying the uncut clover so might just leave some of it to nature with the added benefit of having less to cut!
Have a great day all
groundhog
groundhog
Donator
Donator

Auto-Sleeper Model : Worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave 418 Fri Jul 12, 2024 5:29 pm

A productive day even though it started drizzling whilst I had my lunch. The outside repairs should mean the damp should stay out for a while now. 
After I finished tidying up we decided to look for a couple of pans for the Rienza. We have been using the ones we 
have had for about forty years apart from the frying pan. I found a nice pan in the loft but it’s part of daughters camping gear and she has claimed it back this week.
To get some fresh air away from the smell of wood treatment we had a mooch in the Range for pans. The frying pan came from Wilko but we found a couple of decent pans with lids costing less than a tenner each so that will do for our needs. 
This reminded us that the pan we used for camping when we were stationed  in Germany came with the issued No 1 burners. They were a square pan with a matching lid that became the frying pan. Any  ex squadies will remember them no doubt. Our first dog used the pan for her tea when we bought the pan set we still have. I think the pan is in the shed somewhere. 
Now the repairs are done I don’t mind what the weather does so things like gardening can wait so that suits me.
Dave 418
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Askit Fri Jul 12, 2024 7:57 pm

burlingtonboaby wrote:Another cool windy morning here on the East Riding , still dry , good walk with Tag at dawn and back in for porridge .
Nice to see everyone is back home safely. Take care those who are on tour Tony ?
Have a nice day.
Boaby

Yes, doing a couple of night at Monifieth before we head up to Stonie tomorrow. It's been a cracking day here, bit of cloud and a cool easterly but the temperature has been way higher than the 16° forecast. Sorry we didn't stay longer here, loads to do, good walking and excellent cycling facilities. Will definitely (hopefully) come back sometime in the future.

Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by IanH Sat Jul 13, 2024 8:54 am

Dire here yesterday particularly later in the day and evening, serious rain.

So bl88dy serious my leak, which I was convinced was cured isn't... so angry

So now, another re seal but only possible in perfect weather and that's wednesday allegedly.

Have also bought this to try, it should prevent the water actually getting to the window seal...
https://www.amazon.co.uk/ZOSONET-J-Shaped-Diversion-Suitable-Caravans/dp/B0CZZS2ZGB/ref=asc_df_B0CZZS2ZGB/?tag=googshopuk-21&linkCode=df0&hvadid=696285193871&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=9316158170960839995&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=1006957&hvtargid=pla-2281435178298&mcid=3df0c54244ef338e82a335db3422741e&hvocijid=9316158170960839995-B0CZZS2ZGB-&hvexpln=74&gad_source=1&th=1
IanH
IanH
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave 418 Sat Jul 13, 2024 8:59 am

And another damp but warm morning here on the east coast. I don’t think we are doing much today. Muttly  was still asleep when I opened the door but he didn’t make any attempt to go out. Whilst we were eating our breakfast he was barking in his sleep. It must have been a good dream because all four legs were twitching. This is as close as he gets to barking. walkies
Dave 418
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by burlingtonboaby Sat Jul 13, 2024 10:54 am

Askit wrote:
burlingtonboaby wrote:Another cool windy morning here on the East Riding , still dry , good walk with Tag at dawn and back in for porridge .
Have a nice day.
Boaby

Yes, doing a couple of night at Monifieth before we head up to Stonie tomorrow. It's been a cracking day here, bit of cloud and a cool easterly but the temperature has been way higher than the 16° forecast. Sorry we didn't stay longer here, loads to do, good walking and excellent cycling facilities. Will definitely (hopefully) come back sometime in the future.
Dreadful weather here Tony, Stonie is one of my favourite sites and the wife loves the wee toon, are you having a wee dippie in the sea pool   hugegrins
Hope you have a good time there too.  up!  .
No walk for Tag yet as it’s been none stop rain since dawn ,just like last year .
Have a nice day.
Boaby
burlingtonboaby
burlingtonboaby
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Sat Jul 13, 2024 11:05 am

We are at Cheshire Steam Fair where it's actually dry today after very dreary drizzly day yesterday.  Broken clouds giving glimpse of blue sky.
Thank goodness we brought food with us, food wagons charging £6 for bacon bap, £5 small tray chips and £3 for hot water with teabag.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 73
Auto-Sleeper Model : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by burlingtonboaby Sat Jul 13, 2024 6:13 pm

Still raining here, more of a drizzle cloud coming of the sea, forecasted all night.
Feel sorry for the local campers along the coast here.
Boaby
burlingtonboaby
burlingtonboaby
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Askit Sat Jul 13, 2024 7:15 pm

No chance of a dip in the pool Boaby, I'm too delicate snigger Cold and dry in Stonie, there's a folk festival on so lots of instrument bags getting humphed around. If I'd known I would have brought my comb and tissue paper  Whistle1

Donator
Donator

Male

burlingtonboaby likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by groundhog Sat Jul 13, 2024 8:26 pm

Its been a lovely day down here, had to retreat in to the shade this afternoon it was so warm in the sun. Showers forecast for tomorrow then back to better things next week.
Hog Castle (its not really a castle) is going on the market next week,  times are changing and we are not getting any younger to maintain a place this big to the standard we want. Will be sorry to leave after 20 years here.
Have a great day all!
groundhog
groundhog
Donator
Donator

Back to top Go down

Post by IanH Sat Jul 13, 2024 9:07 pm

So where are you moving to, approx will do?

We've looked at downsizing as have many others we know, most haven't as they haven't found anywhere they like to move to....

Oh, and to keep within post the bl88dy rain has at last stopped..... censored!
IanH
IanH
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by groundhog Sat Jul 13, 2024 9:51 pm

There is a bungalow in Treworthal Road, Perranwell Station, its on rightmove, which would be ideal, much smaller and less work plus space for the van.  If that doesn't work we will probably keep this house and sell off a chunk of the land for development, seems the red team are quite keen on giving permission for new builds!
Oh, and its still not raining, Mr Badger will have a good dig tonight in the moonlight!
groundhog
groundhog
Donator
Donator

Back to top Go down

Post by IanH Sat Jul 13, 2024 10:34 pm

We're Ok here in that we can live totally downstairs. My pal is in a mansion but we've looked at fitting lifts between floors, very easy and reasonably cheap to do now....

(He only has the middle third of it, and used to have a pic of it on his emails. That disappeared after some of us (all ex RAF) kept asking him why he had a pic of an old folks home on his emails!!)

Stopped raining now, btw!
IanH
IanH
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by arimkus1 Sun Jul 14, 2024 6:16 am

IanH wrote:Dire here yesterday particularly later in the day and evening, serious rain.

So bl88dy serious my leak, which I was convinced was cured isn't... so angry

So now, another re seal but only possible in perfect weather and that's wednesday allegedly.

Have also bought this to try, it should prevent the water actually getting to the window seal...
https://www.amazon.co.uk/ZOSONET-J-Shaped-Diversion-Suitable-Caravans/dp/B0CZZS2ZGB/ref=asc_df_B0CZZS2ZGB/?tag=googshopuk-21&linkCode=df0&hvadid=696285193871&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=9316158170960839995&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=1006957&hvtargid=pla-2281435178298&mcid=3df0c54244ef338e82a335db3422741e&hvocijid=9316158170960839995-B0CZZS2ZGB-&hvexpln=74&gad_source=1&th=1
Very interested to see how this works out Ian.  Let us know.  :-)
arimkus1
arimkus1

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Pollensa
Vehicle Year : 2001

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave 418 Sun Jul 14, 2024 9:12 am

Another damp start this morning. A soggy walk day I think. Our daughter had an idea that her and husband are going to Scarborough with her tent for a couple of nights. Last time they did this we stayed with then them in the van. It rained when we got there so we sat in the van and watched them put the tent up. Putting tents up in the rain reminds me why we have got the van. rainyday
Dave 418
Donator
Donator

Male

IanH likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Askit Sun Jul 14, 2024 9:51 am

Dave 418 wrote:Putting tents up in the rain reminds me why we have got the van. rainyday
I'll second that (and taking them down)

Happy Bastille Day  wave Bit cloudy in Stonie but dry and improving (?) Still on the cool side though with a high of 16°c. Don't fancy the Spanish chances today in the big match, Djokovic is still a cunning devil  smiley_tennis

Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by burlingtonboaby Sun Jul 14, 2024 10:14 am

Still raining here Mike, the low pressure is sat out in the North Sea bringing in low drizzle cloud and heavy bursts of rain.
Should dry up here tomorrow .
Have a nice day.
Boaby
burlingtonboaby
burlingtonboaby
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by groundhog Sun Jul 14, 2024 11:29 am

More cloud this morning but still no sign of rain. Van washing day!
groundhog
groundhog
Donator
Donator

Back to top Go down

Post by burlingtonboaby Sun Jul 14, 2024 12:49 pm

groundhog wrote:More cloud this morning but still no sign of rain. Van washing day!
Your getting it tomorrow GH, still light drizzle here.
Boaby
burlingtonboaby
burlingtonboaby
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by groundhog Sun Jul 14, 2024 6:10 pm