The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Battery charger, auto sleeper symbol 2002

2 posters

Go down

Battery charger, auto sleeper symbol 2002 Empty Battery charger, auto sleeper symbol 2002

Post by Jwp Mon Oct 30, 2023 8:27 pm

I hadn’t used the van for a few weeks when I noticed that the negative terminal of the Leisure battery had white corrosion round it and the connecting log had fallen into pieces.
When I checked the voltage from the charger, (On mains hook up) it was only around 10.5 V. is it possible to alter this voltage or has my charger had it? 

Thanks for looking.
Jwp
Jwp

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Symbol
Vehicle Year : 2002

Back to top Go down

Battery charger, auto sleeper symbol 2002 Empty Re: Battery charger, auto sleeper symbol 2002

Post by Roopert Tue Oct 31, 2023 12:08 am

Depending on make and model, some charger/power supplies can be set with slightly different voltage profiles depending on the type of battery you are charging, but if it's the original from 2002 it probably won't, and 10.5V is too low for any battery type that I know of.

Was the voltage measured with the battery disconnected?
Roopert
Roopert

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Trooper
Vehicle Year : 2005

Back to top Go down

Battery charger, auto sleeper symbol 2002 Empty Re: Battery charger, auto sleeper symbol 2002

Post by Jwp Tue Oct 31, 2023 7:49 am

Yes, the battery was disconnected. I’ll investigate to see if it’s possible to change the charging voltage. The battery isn’t the original one of course.
Jwp
Jwp

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Roopert Tue Oct 31, 2023 11:02 am

If it's a Zig-type charger (i.e pretty much a perforated metal box with a few wires going in and out) there won't be. If everything else is disconnected from the output and it has a good mains supply going to it, it's almost certainly borked. But check the mains supply anyway.
Roopert
Roopert

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Trooper
Vehicle Year : 2005

Back to top Go down

Post by Jwp Tue Oct 31, 2023 11:05 am

Thanks for that Info, I’ll check it out later this week
Jwp
Jwp

Male

Back to top Go down