The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Peugeot Boxer 2010 Clutch Pedal

5 posters

Go down

Peugeot Boxer 2010 Clutch Pedal Empty Peugeot Boxer 2010 Clutch Pedal

Post by brianc Tue Jan 25, 2022 5:51 pm

Hi, The Peugeot Boxer Dorset ES van has a superb habitation area well designed and very versatile regarding different layouts, however the same can't be said for the driver’s position. The clutch pedal travel go's right down to the floor and this appears to be normal on these vans, I'm 5' 6'' and have the seat quite far forward to reach this position, I also have the seat in its lowest position and my leg is stretched right out and hits the lower dash when I press the pedal right down. When the pedal is down the rubber pad is close to vertical which forces your toes up as the rest of your foot is on the floor. Very uncomfortable and annoying, if I can't sort this issue I may have to consider selling this van which is perfect in every other way. I have thought about a "Pedal Extender" which might solve the problem but the pedal arm is plastic which might be an issue. Anyone have similar issue's and a possible solution ?. The brake and accelerator are fine. Thanks
brianc
brianc

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Dorset ES
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Peugeot Boxer 2010 Clutch Pedal Empty Re: Peugeot Boxer 2010 Clutch Pedal

Post by Paulmold Tue Jan 25, 2022 5:57 pm

I can't remember if clutch is cable or hydraulic but can it not be adjusted? It must be the same arrangement as my Sussex which is same base vehicle and haven't experienced any such problem but I'm 5'11".

Other than that and I'm sure it would ruin the layout for you but you could remove the swivel plate to lower your seat, (I'm guessing your van has a swivel on the drivers seat).

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 73
Auto-Sleeper Model : Sussex Duo

Back to top Go down

Post by brianc Tue Jan 25, 2022 6:06 pm

I totally agree, the van does have swivel seats which possibly raises the height considerably. The clutch has probably been designed around a standard van with fixed seats. The same reason why the seat hits the handbrake when swivelled around, a problem I have solved and could easily have been done at the conversion stage with very little time and expense.
brianc
brianc

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Dorset ES

Back to top Go down

Peugeot Boxer 2010 Clutch Pedal Empty 2002 Auto Sleeper Pollensa driver position.

Post by BML Mon Nov 28, 2022 7:14 pm

brianc wrote:Hi, The Peugeot Boxer Dorset ES van has a superb habitation area well designed and very versatile regarding different layouts, however the same can't be said for the driver’s position. The clutch pedal travel go's right down to the floor and this appears to be normal on these vans, I'm 5' 6'' and have the seat quite far forward to reach this position, I also have the seat in its lowest position and my leg is stretched right out and hits the lower dash when I press the pedal right down. When the pedal is down the rubber pad is close to vertical which forces your toes up as the rest of your foot is on the floor. Very uncomfortable and annoying, if I can't sort this issue I may have to consider selling this van which is perfect in every other way. I have thought about a "Pedal Extender" which might solve the problem but the pedal arm is plastic which might be an issue. Anyone have similar issue's and a possible solution ?. The brake and accelerator are fine. Thanks
My 2002 Auto Sleeper Pollensa  driver position is also difficult. Cynical maybe I suspect that the reason is that van producers don't give a toss for the comfort of van drivers full stop.
BML
BML

Male

Member Age : 87
Auto-Sleeper Model : Pollensa

Back to top Go down

Post by IanH Mon Nov 28, 2022 7:18 pm

My 2002 one is truly awful, especially the throttle, which, of course, you use most. My right ankle is on fire in 5 miles.
I fitted cruise control = extreme happiness!!
IanH
IanH
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Executive
Vehicle Year : 2002

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinwheeler Mon Nov 28, 2022 7:21 pm

That’s one reason we moved away from Fiats & Peugeots.
Tinwheeler
Tinwheeler
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : None
Vehicle Year : None

Back to top Go down