The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Autosleeper Duetto mk 6 2001 onwards

5 posters

Go down

Autosleeper Duetto mk 6 2001 onwards Empty Autosleeper Duetto mk 6 2001 onwards

Post by Chrisr72 Sat Mar 13, 2021 10:58 pm

Hi Everyone,

Apologies if this isn't the correct place to post this.  Does anyone own a mk6 4 berth Duetto or know how many 4 berth examples were made by Autosleeper between 2001 and 2005?

Many thanks in advance,

Chris
Chrisr72
Chrisr72

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Symbol
Vehicle Year : 2002

Back to top Go down

Autosleeper Duetto mk 6 2001 onwards Empty Re: Autosleeper Duetto mk 6 2001 onwards

Post by burlingtonboaby Sun Mar 14, 2021 6:29 am

Hi Chrie
Welcome to the forum from Bridington,should get an answer when they wake up.  hugegrins
Boaby
burlingtonboaby
burlingtonboaby
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 75
Auto-Sleeper Model : Devon Firefly
Vehicle Year : 2018

Chrisr72 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Autosleeper Duetto mk 6 2001 onwards Empty Re: Autosleeper Duetto mk 6 2001 onwards

Post by steamdrivenandy Sun Mar 14, 2021 4:18 pm

Welcome to the forum

At present used van supply is very, very tight due to increased popularity and lack of part exchanges etc in lockdown.

I've never seen a 4 berth Duetto or one for sale and I don't know how long A/S offered it as an option but I suspect you may never find one. 

Having owned a Mk 6 and Mk 7 PVC they generally succumb to rust at around 10 to 20 years and only the lucky few make it past that age, which makes your potential search even harder.
steamdrivenandy
steamdrivenandy

Male

Member Age : 76
Auto-Sleeper Model : None
Vehicle Year : None

Chrisr72 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Spospe Sun Mar 14, 2021 5:43 pm

As far as I know the 4 berth version was only ever offered on the MK4 and MK5 Transit based Duettos, I have never seen a MK6 version. AS should be able to give you a definitive answer.
Spospe
Spospe
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 80
Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick Duo
Vehicle Year : 2014

Chrisr72 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Relaxez-Vous Sun Mar 14, 2021 7:03 pm

We owned a 2003 Duetto and it was only a two berth. In the manual it gave an indication of there being the option to have a single berth above the front cab, the small headroom would mean it was only suitable for use by a small child. This topic has been raised before, search and you may find more details. If you're wanting more sleeping accommodation in a Duetto you're looking at having an awning or tent, which we did when on a couple of occasions our son met up with us in his car. Heavy overnight rain at Masham put him off from joining us this way ever again. Storage space in a Duetto is very limited.

The clue is in the title, Duetto, not Trietto or Quadetto. The Duetto was meant for two up.

When we sold the Duetto in 2019 there was just a bit of rust on the rear wheel arches, most of the items showing signs of rust underneath were what A-S added themselves during the conversion. I'll add that on several occasions whilst I owned the van I sprayed Waxsol into the cavities. We were happy with the van but it was starting to show its age and councils are starting to restrict free movement of older diesel engined vehicles.
Relaxez-Vous
Relaxez-Vous

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Kemerton XL
Vehicle Year : 2019

Chrisr72 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by steamdrivenandy Sun Mar 14, 2021 8:12 pm

One of my PVC's was a Horizons Unlimited Innovation 1, which up to the back of the rear seats was the same as HU's Cavarno 2. They were both built on SWB Transits, Mk6 and 7. SWB Transits were only available with H1 roofs, which weren't high enough for habitation, so HU used to remove the metal roof and fit a custom made GRP hightop. This meant that there was space above the cab for a storage locker.  

For a while they offered the Cavarno 4, where the overcab space was used to store a bed base and mattress cushions. It also meant that the first two roof lockers, above the rear seat area, were lost. The bed could take two youngsters BUT going for that option meant losing the overcab storage and two roof lockers whilst having to store extra stuff for two kids. It didn't make practical sense. Much less storage than when you had two travelling for use when you had four travelling.
steamdrivenandy
steamdrivenandy

Male

Member Age : 76
Auto-Sleeper Model : None
Vehicle Year : None

Chrisr72 likes this post

Back to top Go down