The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Whale heating and hot water controls

+8
arkwright
kaspian
Kemerton-bath
AutoSleepy_Don
Peter Brown
hferguson
Gromit
Malc73
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Whale heating and hot water controls  - Page 2 Empty Re: Whale heating and hot water controls

Post by Kemerton-bath Thu Aug 31, 2023 8:42 pm

arkwright wrote:Not quite sure what happened there but you get the idea!
I do, thank you!

Our versions are 46 for the panel and 34 for the PSU, so will be different to yours.

Tim

1996 - Autosleeper Symphony   2010 - Autosleeper Symbol    2018 - Autosleeper Kemerton   2023 - Autosleeper Kemerton XL (Fiat)
Kemerton-bath
Kemerton-bath
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 65
Auto-Sleeper Model : Kemerton XL (Fiat)
Vehicle Year : 2020

Back to top Go down

Whale heating and hot water controls  - Page 2 Empty Re: Whale heating and hot water controls

Post by Caraman Fri Sep 01, 2023 7:31 am

They are all different.  My CP is 37 and PSU 30 and like Tim's there is no longer a Heater Settings page on the CP.
Caraman
Caraman

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Nuevo
Vehicle Year : 2019

Back to top Go down

Post by NotBernard65 Sun Sep 10, 2023 10:01 am

Watching the thread with interest.  

Currently looking for a c.2018-present Symbol. 

Have looked at a van with a Truma system and seems to take a considerable amount on the limited storage space in a Symbol.  How much better is the Whale in this regard?

As to the control integration what's the pros/cons between the two system?

TIA
NotBernard65
NotBernard65

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Symbol

Back to top Go down

Post by timsurf2021 Sun Sep 10, 2023 11:04 am

i have had both and the Truma is much better than the Whale, yes the Whale has the advantages on storage space but you loose a lot of heat to the outside. i lagged all the ducting under the van which did improve the heat loss a bit, the fan was noisy and the control panel is nowhere as good as the Truma and it kept locking out. Support from Whale was terrible and after a cold night out came the Whale and in went the Truma.

Tim
timsurf2021
timsurf2021

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Kingham
Vehicle Year : 2021

NotBernard65 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by NotBernard65 Mon Sep 11, 2023 9:24 am

@timsurf2021 thanks for the information.  So from an integration (or not) with the AS panel what’s the differences?

Also (I’m familiar with the Truma from a caravan) what does the integration give you above the native Truma bits)?
NotBernard65
NotBernard65

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Symbol

Back to top Go down

Post by timsurf2021 Mon Sep 11, 2023 10:31 am

As far as I can see there is no way to integrate with the A/S panel, mine shows the software for both systems but no spare sockets on the back of the panel to connect to the heating control panel.The Whale control panel has a bar graph for heat settings which is a bit hit or miss, the Truma has a degree setting.The latest Truma panel the iNet X has a nice touch screen, thinking about updating mine.

Tim
timsurf2021
timsurf2021

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Kingham
Vehicle Year : 2021

Back to top Go down

Post by Caraman Mon Sep 11, 2023 3:20 pm

This is largely a repeat of my earlier post:

Page 15 of the Harmony handbook shows a EC700 CP 'Heating Settings' page annotated as Truma but recommends using the Truma CP settings instead.  Initially my EC700 CP screen included this page but it disappeared after a software upgrade.  So, effectively there is no integration between the EC700 CP and the Truma CP.  That said, if the EC700 CP Power Button is not on, an error message will appear on the Truma CP and if the EC700 is shutdown and then turned back on, all the time settings on the Truma CP will be lost and it will default to Gas as its power source.
Caraman
Caraman

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Nuevo

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2