The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Charging issue

3 posters

Go down

Charging issue  Empty Charging issue

Post by astrag60 Fri Apr 12, 2019 4:55 pm

Hello Autosleeper people,

I have a problem, here goes. 

I have 240v power to the water heater, the lights and the fridge but I am not getting the green light on the control panel to say the Zig battery charger is working. The zig charger light is not illuminating either. I have had a look for some kinda fuse but to no avail. Anybody got any ideas?  confused3 scratch head
He is a 1994 Ford Duetto 
Many thanks Ben  wave
astrag60
astrag60

Male

Member Age : 47
Auto-Sleeper Model : duetto

Back to top Go down

Charging issue  Empty Re: Charging issue

Post by Paulmold Fri Apr 12, 2019 5:29 pm

Usually there is a glass fuse in the control panel. Zig charger is probably an x7 (later replaced by x70) and there is, I believe, an internal fuse but it's a sealed unit so you may have to drill out rivets to get at it but only if you're confident that you know what you're doing. Otherwise get someone to check the output of the x7. If you actually need to replace the x7, O'Leary's stock x70's.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 73
Auto-Sleeper Model : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:52 am

Hi 

I’ve just been exploring the same issue.  I rarely use mains (only once to test!) but just plugged in at a friends house and no light.

I do have a light on the switch below the oven and I’ve checked the Zig3 charger is switched on in the locker.

230v light works and so does fridge.

Looked in the Zig control panel and none of the fuses are marked as charging circuit.  I’ve also unscrewed the Zig unit and looked behind and there are no other fuses mounted there.

So puzzled as to whether it’s charging or not?

I have wondered whether it could be something as simple as the bulb having gone in the switch - I’ve Replaced quite a number in my dashboard recently.

I’m assuming that the charge light is on a 12v circuit?  Can anyone confirm this?

Equally any other ideas for Ben and I.

Rob
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:56 am

Just another quick thought - sorry if this might seem daft.

But is the light only on when the charging circuit is active.  

In other words if my battery is fully charged - I have a good solar system and haven’t used the van for a few days - then would the light stay off because the charging process isn’t taking place?

Rob
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Roopert Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:05 am

I've never owned a symbol, but as a general observation: no - on a van of that age the charger light indicates that the charger output is on - it won't go out when the battery is fully charged.

If you have checked all the mains MCBs to make sure that the input power to the charger is on, the best way to check if the charger is working is to observe the leisure battery voltage as you turn it on (after dark if you have solar). If the battery voltage doesn't rise, it's almost certainly not working.
Roopert
Roopert

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Trooper
Vehicle Year : 2005

Back to top Go down