The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Leisure Battery for 1998 Duetto

4 posters

Go down

New Leisure Battery for 1998 Duetto Empty New Leisure Battery for 1998 Duetto

Post by jenny c-t Thu Jan 24, 2019 8:28 pm

Hi everyone, I need to get new battery as old one not keeping its charge. Present one is a YUASA L26-75. I have no idea what to get as so many on the market.I think l should go for a deep cycle and AGM .Any advice would be appreciated. I drive the van regularly and when away usually on EHU.

Many tanks in advance.
Jenny
jenny c-t
jenny c-t

Female

Member Age : 68
Auto-Sleeper Model : ford duetto
Vehicle Year : 1998

Back to top Go down

New Leisure Battery for 1998 Duetto Empty Re: New Leisure Battery for 1998 Duetto

Post by Spospe Fri Jan 25, 2019 12:07 pm

Jenny

I would suggest a 85 - 90 a/h normal battery. The Duetto of 1998 vintage does not have a sophisticated charging system and so an AGM battery would not be a good mix with your starter battery (I am assuming that the starter battery is a normal lead-acid item).

I would suggest either measuring the battery tray under the bonnet, or taking the van to a battery dealer, or speaking by phone to say Alpha batteries and seeking their advice as to the best replacement unit.

Alpha batteries: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Spospe
Spospe
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 80
Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick Duo
Vehicle Year : 2014

Back to top Go down

New Leisure Battery for 1998 Duetto Empty Re: New Leisure Battery for 1998 Duetto

Post by Peter Brown Fri Jan 25, 2019 12:54 pm

Spospe wrote:

I would suggest a 85 - 90 a/h normal battery. The Duetto of 1998 vintage does not have a sophisticated charging system and so an AGM battery would not be a good mix with your starter battery (I am assuming that the starter battery is a normal lead-acid item).

I would suggest either measuring the battery tray under the bonnet, or taking the van to a battery dealer, or speaking by phone to say Alpha batteries and seeking their advice as to the best replacement unit.

Alpha batteries: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I agree totally. Halfords would also change the battery for you.
Peter Brown
Peter Brown
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper Model : Broadway EB
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by jenny c-t Fri Jan 25, 2019 2:15 pm

Hi Spospe, Peter  Thanks for your help really appreciate it.

Jenny
jenny c-t
jenny c-t

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Bulletguy Fri Jan 25, 2019 7:22 pm

jenny c-t wrote:Hi Spospe, Peter  Thanks for your help really appreciate it.

Jenny
That link Spose put up, i can tell you this battery fits as it's the exact one i have in my Duetto which i bought from Alpha. They're a sound company too as the first battery i had drained charge and they exchanged it without quibble for a brand new one. I've had this one now for over 4 years and it's still going strong.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Bulletguy
Bulletguy

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Vanless

Back to top Go down

Post by jenny c-t Sat Jan 26, 2019 10:28 am

Thanks guys , ordered same one  that I have from Alpha.The chap was really helpful and spent time explaining things.Would recommend.

Jenny
jenny c-t
jenny c-t

Female

Back to top Go down