The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Slow draining water in 2014 Warwick duo

+6
ymfb1
Quilter
Gromit
rgermain
woodlice
Pauljeff
10 posters

Go down

Slow draining water in 2014 Warwick duo Empty Slow draining water in 2014 Warwick duo

Post by Pauljeff Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:40 pm

confused3 im having trouble with the amount of time it takes for the water to drain from the sink in my Warwick duo.
I have had the trip off and this was not blocked as far as I could tell,water when poured down with the trap off drained down well,when the trap was replaced it took ages to drain down.
Any advice on what I can do to improve this would be appreciated
Pauljeff
Pauljeff

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick duo
Vehicle Year : 2014

Back to top Go down

Slow draining water in 2014 Warwick duo Empty Re: Slow draining water in 2014 Warwick duo

Post by woodlice Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:49 pm

Mine the same but not all the time, it seems to be an air lock. If you put you palm over the hole and use it like a sink plunger it clears or put a finger in and swirl the water
woodlice
woodlice

Male

Member Age : 65
Auto-Sleeper Model : Warick xl
Vehicle Year : 17

Back to top Go down

Slow draining water in 2014 Warwick duo Empty Re: Slow draining water in 2014 Warwick duo

Post by Pauljeff Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:51 pm

Thanks for your reply will try that
Pauljeff
Pauljeff

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by woodlice Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:52 pm

I'd be interested to knowif it works for you?
woodlice
woodlice

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Pauljeff Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:14 pm

We have been doing this while we away last week and it worked ok,but just thought there might be fix to get around this problem
Pauljeff
Pauljeff

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by rgermain Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:15 pm

woodlice wrote:Mine the same but not all the time, it seems to be an air lock. If you put you palm over the hole and use it like a sink plunger it clears or put a finger in and swirl the water

Quite agree, that is what I do when I have a slow drain.

Anyway it does go in the end.
---------
Richard
rgermain
rgermain
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 77
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Post by Gromit Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:20 pm

Pauljeff wrote:We have been doing this while we away last week and it worked ok,but just thought there might be fix to get around this problem
There is, but it would involve a fairly major re-plumbing job to replace and re-route the drain pipework.

Is it worth it . . . . I have asked myself on many occasions when ours goes dead slow or stop. The palm plunger always works, so I've never bothered - but a decent bit of plumbing with slopes in the right direction and a few less air pockets might get installed one day!
Gromit
Gromit
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 81
Auto-Sleeper Model : Nuevo EK LP

Back to top Go down

Post by Pauljeff Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:59 pm

Thanks for the advise and comments seems this is something to live with then
Pauljeff
Pauljeff

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by woodlice Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:09 pm

I'm not a 100% sure but I think if you leave the drain tap open and discharge to another container it drains ok, although it doesn't bother me enough to worry about
woodlice
woodlice

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Gromit Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:16 pm

woodlice wrote:I'm not a 100% sure but I think if you leave the drain tap open and discharge to another container it drains ok,  although it doesn't bother me enough to worry about
Hmmmmmm.

Never tried that, but it sounds like a myth to me.  scratch head

I gave up carrying containers when we changed from a caravan, so I won't be doing more than testing the theory!  biggrin
Gromit
Gromit
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Quilter Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:48 pm

When you can run a whole sink full of hot soapy water- or hot water in which you have dissolved a dishwasher tablet- down the sink in one fell swoop.

I think most motorhomers tend to be economical with water when washing up etc and, sometimes, don't always use hot water to do it. This means that the insides of the pipework get gunged up and it does them good to ungunge them now and again.

The heel of hand and swirling both work well in the interim but, after the dishwasher tablet treatment, the water goes down the plughole very quickly.
Quilter
Quilter
Donator
Donator

Female

Auto-Sleeper Model : Broadway EK TB LP

Back to top Go down

Post by ymfb1 Tue Jul 31, 2018 7:15 am

We have a 2017 Kingham and if you open the grey waste valve it flows perfectly, when the valve is closed it takes several minutes.

From this I deduce there is no grey waste breather or it’s blocked or too small.
ymfb1
ymfb1

Male

Member Age : 60
Auto-Sleeper Model : Kingham
Vehicle Year : 2017

Back to top Go down

Post by harrysp Tue Jul 31, 2018 8:00 am

Quilter wrote:When you can run a whole sink full of hot soapy water- or hot water in which you have dissolved a dishwasher tablet- down the sink in one fell swoop.

I think most motorhomers tend to be economical with water when washing up etc and, sometimes, don't always use hot water to do it. This means that the insides of the pipework get gunged up and it does them good to ungunge them now and again.

The heel of hand and swirling both work well in the interim but, after the dishwasher tablet treatment, the water goes down the plughole very quickly.
Agree, we too are stingy with water, so from time to time I pore 10 litres of clean water down to keep it all flowing. Otherwise it’s the hand swirl system for me too. Haven’t found any difference in the drain pace whether the waste drain is open or not. Presumably this is because of very narrow waste pipes in the kitchen as the water drains quickly from the washbasin in the bathroom.
harrysp
harrysp
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 71
Auto-Sleeper Model : Former Broadway

Back to top Go down

Post by Gromit Tue Jul 31, 2018 8:13 am

Pauljeff wrote:confused3 im having trouble with the amount of time it takes for the water to drain from the sink in my Warwick duo.
I have had the trip off and this was not blocked as far as I could tell,water when poured down with the trap off drained down well,when the trap was replaced it took ages to drain down.
Any advice on what I can do to improve this would be appreciated
Hi
I've just re-read this . . . properly this time!  :0_blush:

I think you have the answer, it seems obvious that the stench trap is restricting the flow.

The only way to be sure would be to re-connect the pipework completely, but leave the trap out. If the water flows quickly you (and the rest of us  shrugg ) need a stench trap with a wider through flow.

It shouldn't be too difficult to bodge a connection where the trap was inserted, good enough to try it out properly. The problem then, assuming there is a dramatic improvement, is to find a better trap that will fit.
Gromit
Gromit
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Paramedic Tue Jul 31, 2018 8:41 am

On a previous post on this subject I mentioned on closer inspection, that the plumbing on our van if not horizontal after leaving the sink, appeared to go ever so slightly uphill. Gromit makes the valid point of rerouting the drain pipework for a more efficient flow. However we've concluded that in our case, how the sink drains away depends on several factors being;
The campsite pitch appeared to be level so did not use levelling blocks but may have been slightly 'downhill'
When raised on blocks the van may still have been pitched slightly 'nose down' or front end more skyward.
Result being that on different occasions the sink either drained faster or slower.
So from this experience we've found it best to always pitch front end slightly uppermost.
Apologies if this became boring reading. think_smiley_46

Last edited by Paramedic on Tue Jul 31, 2018 8:43 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Delete mysterious text addition)

Male

Member Age : 77
Auto-Sleeper Model : Broadway FB
Vehicle Year : 2013

Back to top Go down

Post by Spospe Tue Jul 31, 2018 7:11 pm

My solution to the slow draining in our 2014 Warwick Duo is simple. We use a washing-up bowl and when ready to drain it, pour the water directly into the drain hole in the kitchen sink. The force of the water entering the drain overcomes the restrictions and the water flows away quite quickly.

Agreed that imparting a swirl to the water helps a lot, but the best solution is a good head of water, the pressure of which gets the flow going properly. In the absence of a good head, then pouring directly and quickly into the drain hole simulates a good pressure.

We had this problem (and found the cure) in our previous two Duettos

Question  ....  Why does the spell-checker show Duetto as a spelling mistake on an Auto-Sleeper website?
Spospe
Spospe
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 80
Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick Duo

Back to top Go down

Post by ymfb1 Tue Jul 31, 2018 7:39 pm

We are still looking for a suitable washing up bowl.....
ymfb1
ymfb1

Male

Member Age : 60
Auto-Sleeper Model : Kingham
Vehicle Year : 2017

Back to top Go down

Post by Gromit Tue Jul 31, 2018 8:00 pm

Spospe wrote:Question  ....  Why does the spell-checker show Duetto as a spelling mistake on an Auto-Sleeper website?
'cos it's not an Autosleeper spell checker.

It came with the territory, and here's the clue about it's origin. Try entering "colour".  content
Gromit
Gromit
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Spospe Wed Aug 01, 2018 11:24 am

Gromit wrote:
Spospe wrote:Question  ....  Why does the spell-checker show Duetto as a spelling mistake on an Auto-Sleeper website?
'cos it's not an Autosleeper spell checker.

It came with the territory, and here's the clue about it's origin. Try entering "colour".  content

Since the Forum uses phpBB, you could also use one of the free spell checkers which support alternative languages, such as:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] (it's free and would seem to do the job).

Just a thought ............. up!
Spospe
Spospe
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Gromit Wed Aug 01, 2018 11:37 am

Thanks, but I have nothing to do with running the forum in that sense. I just help out with the "housekeeping".
Gromit
Gromit
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Wed Aug 01, 2018 11:59 am

Duetto   - I've just entered the word and it didn't try to correct it. Maybe the spellchecker is on your browser or built into your keyboard. I just did it on my phone which uses Chrome.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 73
Auto-Sleeper Model : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by Spospe Wed Aug 01, 2018 2:56 pm

You may well be right about the browser, but I think that a supplementary spell-checker could override it?
Spospe
Spospe
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down