The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

new to us Warwick XL 2014

3 posters

Go down

new to us Warwick XL 2014 Empty new to us Warwick XL 2014

Post by babian Sun Jun 30, 2019 6:40 am

hi, yes picked up Warwick yesterday.
125 mile drive home went well, 30degs so air conditioning had a good work out.
6' 2" drivers can adjust seat and stearing wheel enough to gain a reasonable driving position. happy with that.
base vehicle seems good so far.
filled diesel up ...500 mile range showing , went up to 650 at one point then at end of 125 mile trip home showed 520 !!? van must have been used for short trips before.
filled gas tank up £6 ish , one led light before showing , 10 litres I think put in, half empty, full led lights on display.
started to put things stored away in lockers and under benches etc. seems as tho we will have enough room for my spare T shirt. 
twin fiamma bike rack came off easy with no damage to rear door, or surprisingly no security holes drilled in van door, bonus !!! that is up for sale if anyone is interested. I have fitting instruction manual as well. £140.

Now to sort out the interior "rattles".!!!
small cutlery draw runners loose, tightened. three draws under wardrobe, side runners packed out with plastic washers so draw runners are more snug.

Bonus time for granddaughter 10 year old, who was helping, found £4.66 in loose change under bottom draw !!!
cooker glass top cover missing rubber front pads to stop rattle on front lip.
two screws missing on left top holding cooker to left sink work top, new ones fitted.
put new kitchen roll in wall mounted holder, stopped big rattle.
put thin foam sandwiched between legs of fold out table above cab, that might have to stay at home in loft.
put pipe insulating foam on awning canopy handle behind drivers seat.
removed grill tray from oven and stored away.
removed oven shelf and stored away.

went for short bumpy test drive 40% better.

must remember next time.....take extra t towels to layer in hob top to soften rattles.

yes I think day one went well, off to local campsite next weekend to test out sleeping arrangements and test hookup functions.

Ian
babian
babian

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick xl
Vehicle Year : 2014

Back to top Go down

new to us Warwick XL 2014 Empty Re: new to us Warwick XL 2014

Post by burlingtonboaby Sun Jun 30, 2019 9:31 am

Hi Ian
Have a wee look at the rear outside door skin, where the bike rack brackets held onto the door, I've seen a van with the door skin torn at that point. Also the rear door hinges for wear, only a precaution Ian.
Boaby
burlingtonboaby
burlingtonboaby
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 75
Auto-Sleeper Model : Devon Firefly
Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down

Post by babian Sun Jun 30, 2019 2:07 pm

hi, checked door after I removed it, but will have another good look again, thanks.
repaired microwave lower shelf that had started to droop one side.
finished off all draw runners, needed thin spacers behind and a tad longer screws, into real wood for a change. found another £4 or more in loose change below draws.
got the rear overhead lockers lined up a little better.
screwed down front step from cab, led encloser, black kick board etc. looked first to see what I was screwing into, glass fibre, screws just needed to be thicker gauge.
properly cleaned fridge, lined draws with rubber sheet, replaced the two cooker hood down lights for led.
a little cooler than yesterday so enjoyed fiddling about.
now going to google the radio off timer which is a pain without ignition on.
Ian
babian
babian

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by babian Mon Jul 01, 2019 5:28 am

hi, working on Warwick this evening in preparation for first trip away. 
looks like big rattle coming from sliding door blind, very loose upper right corner. have looked at what others here have done for long lasting fix. will be going timber strip method.
very good forum again.
Ian
babian
babian

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by babian Tue Jul 02, 2019 8:01 pm

sliding door rattle fixed, once the dog had seen the rabbit.
four metal brackets missing screws, fell out when taking off door card. better self tapers used. bit of a fiddle getting access with short screwdriver etc.
used self adhesive high density black foam 21mm thick between blind backing and door frame. all sandwiched nicely between door card.
no front to back movement but " Spring loaded" if that makes sense .
babian
babian

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Ploughman Wed Jul 10, 2019 5:16 pm

I have just spent a sunny afternoon looking for the rattle in the sliding door blind.  I, too, found four screws missing from the angle brackets (all three top and the rearmost bottom one).  With some difficulty I found some suitable self-tapping replacements and have managed to fix three of them.  They are incredibly difficult to get at - replacing the brackets is a chicken-and-egg situation where it is difficult to decide which "leg" to attach first.
Anyway, the whole unit is now fairly firm and I hope that the rattle will be a lot less (until, that is, my replacement screws work loose!)
Ploughman
Ploughman

Male

Member Age : 85
Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick XL
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down