The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Warwick duo leaking bathroom tap

2 posters

Go down

Warwick duo leaking bathroom tap Empty Warwick duo leaking bathroom tap

Post by sidecutter Wed Aug 09, 2017 1:28 pm

Hi people's can any body please help me my bathroom tap (whale) is leaking it leaks only when we operate either the hot or cold have checked the waste side of things ,all ok ,could it be washer's

sidecutter
sidecutter

Male

Member Age : 69
Auto-Sleeper Model : broardway EL duo
Vehicle Year : 2014

Back to top Go down

Warwick duo leaking bathroom tap Empty Re: Warwick duo leaking bathroom tap

Post by inspiredron Wed Aug 09, 2017 2:28 pm

They are ceramic discs so no washers. In any event a leak that only comes when a tap is switched on cannot be the "washer".  Most likely it is coming from the swivel action of the spout.  To tighten that you need a long non-tamper Torx screwdriver - i am not sure whether it is size 8 or size 10.  I bought a complete set of Draper screwdrivers of that type on Amazon for a bit over a tenner in order to service mine when I had the same problem on the kitchen tap.  A bit of scale builds up around the swivels.  Might be easier to get it fixed.

Male

Member Age : 83
Auto-Sleeper Model : Lancashire
Vehicle Year : 2012

Back to top Go down

Warwick duo leaking bathroom tap Empty Re: Warwick duo leaking bathroom tap

Post by sidecutter Sat Aug 19, 2017 8:18 pm

sidecutter wrote: Hi people's can any body please help me my bathroom tap (whale) is leaking it leaks only when we operate either the hot or cold  have checked the waste side of things ,all ok ,could it be washer's

Well after stripping the tap it was an O ring that was causing the problem it was a pain in the bum to change, the biggest pain was relocating the waste back to the sink had to cut an inspection hole  to marry them back together, so good old E-bay for 225 assorted O rings and screw fix for a blank plate and a bit of white bathroom sealant and having the guts to go for it camera on phone was also useful £4.50 for O rings & 89p for blank plate already got sealant dead chuffed,  Result
sidecutter
sidecutter

Male

Member Age : 69
Auto-Sleeper Model : broardway EL duo
Vehicle Year : 2014

Back to top Go down