The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Leaking side window Warwick xl

5 posters

Go down

Leaking side window Warwick xl  Empty Leaking side window Warwick xl

Post by baz77 Mon Jul 24, 2023 8:47 pm

The small sliding window on the side door of our Warwick xl is leaking and the drain in bottom of the unit is unable to cope with the water, which means that when we have heavy rain the inside of the door becomes wet. Anybody else had a similar problem ?
baz77
baz77

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick
Vehicle Year : 2014

Back to top Go down

Leaking side window Warwick xl  Empty Re: Leaking side window Warwick xl

Post by Paulmold Mon Jul 24, 2023 9:09 pm

Have you used an airline to clear the drain?. Its so tiny that not even a cable tie can get through .

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 73
Auto-Sleeper Model : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by baz77 Mon Jul 24, 2023 9:30 pm

No. Will give that a go when we get home. Is it a common problem?
baz77
baz77

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick
Vehicle Year : 2014

Back to top Go down

Post by Kemerton-bath Mon Jul 24, 2023 9:31 pm

The problem is well documented on here, but the challenge is to find relevant information within the limits of the (somewhat rudimentary) search function.

I've just entered the word 'drain' in the search box (as in drain holes) and came up with a thread in which I'd posted a comment in 2021. My comment at the time provided a link to one of the most informative threads I'd seen on the subject, complete with pictures.  I've added the same link below because I think it should tell you most of what you need to know.

If you've owned your vehicle for several seasons and the problem has just become apparent then it suggests the cause of the blockage is a build up of road dirt. As Paul says, the drain holes are microscopic and so they block with even the smallest size of particle.

It's an inherent design weakness and presumably the reason why AS have now changed the whole sliding window assembly to a version with better seals and much larger drain holes. We have the new windows in our 2020 van and they are very different. Not that that's any help to you.  I took our previous van with the windows you have to a local tyre fitters and asked them to use an airline to clear the drain holes. I found that canned compressed air simply wasn't powerful enough.

Tim

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

1996 - Autosleeper Symphony   2010 - Autosleeper Symbol    2018 - Autosleeper Kemerton   2023 - Autosleeper Kemerton XL (Fiat)
Kemerton-bath
Kemerton-bath
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 65
Auto-Sleeper Model : Kemerton XL (Fiat)
Vehicle Year : 2020

Back to top Go down

Post by Solaris Tue Jul 25, 2023 11:31 am

Had that problem several times. Cleared blockage with a football inflator ( long thin nozzle) on an airline. I have a mains powered compressor. Drain actually seems to work better if you use windows regularly
Solaris
Solaris

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Kingham
Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down

Post by rgermain Tue Jul 25, 2023 11:51 am

I had no luck trying to clear the drainage holes, so as we have never used the sliding window, I sealed it shut with window seal from Halfords. You have to be a hawk eye to see the mastic. I also suspected that the top of the whole window, not sliding bit, was not sealed after using the garden hose as I found water ingress. I applied mastic along the top edge and to date no more water coming in. 

I worked for me, others may not agree with my method, no names mentioned. hugegrins.

Might add my son has the same sliding window leak on his T6.

Richard
rgermain
rgermain
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 77
Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick duo
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down