The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Velcro fixing

4 posters

Go down

Velcro fixing Empty Velcro fixing

Post by rgermain Sat Nov 26, 2016 9:06 pm

Has anyone had trouble with the Velcro that is used to hold the back rests to the side panels on the rear seats/beds?

I have been removing the back rests when making the beds and the Velcro has started to come off the side panels. It is held in place by staples, most of them have come out as they have been applied without the pointed ends being bent over, if you get what I mean.

Any solution would be appreciated, I did try contact adhesive, but I didn't hold for long.

Richard
rgermain
rgermain
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 77
Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick duo
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Velcro fixing Empty Re: Velcro fixing

Post by Cymro Sat Nov 26, 2016 9:30 pm

Hmmm. Can see that a staple won't fold over. Presumably - says the man who cannot sew on a shirt button - the Velcro strip cannot be sewn on? That would suggest a stronger adhesive?
Cymro
Cymro
Cymro
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Nuevo ES

Back to top Go down

Post by daisy mae Sat Nov 26, 2016 10:11 pm

Can you fix a tab  with press studs at the end of the tab  that matches up with a corresponding stud on the van wall?  I have  two each side , depending whether you have the back rest flat against the wall or sloping for more comfort, as AS used to do, with the Velcro that is not an option.  

I have that on my van it works, if they have altered it for cost cutting, that doesn`t add up, as I would have thought the Velcro wouldn`t be any cheaper.

Oh why ! do these companies change things?  especially one that works and  looks neat .

Dr. Seuss
daisy mae
daisy mae
Donator
Donator

Female

Auto-Sleeper Model : Hampshire Topaz
Vehicle Year : 2008 98

Back to top Go down

Post by Hubert Sun Nov 27, 2016 9:13 am

Hi Richard
We have a Warwick Duo, do you mean the small cushion backrest just below the windows and not the deeper back cushion ?
We leave those in situ when making the bed and they don't cause any discomfort for us. We only remove the main back cushions.
You could try screwing poppers into the wall lining and fixing the corresponding popper on a very short tab attached to the backrest. Similar to the ones on the main cushions used to keep the cushions in place during transit.
We bought some poppers so that we could replace the carpets using the original floor fixings.

Hubert
Hubert
Hubert
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 70
Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick Duo
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by rgermain Sun Nov 27, 2016 5:26 pm

Hi Hubert,

Yes they are the small back cushions, I must agree they don't get in the way and we have left them on just like you.

So I suppose my topic has really answered itself. The Velcro is just about holding on.

Thanks for the reply
rgermain
rgermain
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 77
Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick duo

Back to top Go down