The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

T4 Trooper hard side pop top roofrack

3 posters

Go down

T4 Trooper hard side pop top roofrack Empty T4 Trooper hard side pop top roofrack

Post by Boosboy Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:40 am

Hi, I had a hard top camper before but now have a trooper.

It's not the new ones with reimo roof.

I want to carry my canoe but what do people use and how do they attach it?

I have seen The inflatable roof racks, anyone use these, do you just thread them through the roof? What about actually attaching the canoe? I have straps but do you just feed them under their roof, what about damaging the seal, paintwork?

I have seen A makeshift roofrack but looks a big strange, any ideas if there is a official rack? It needs to be easily attachable and removable.

I usually use my Peugeot to carry the canoe but the pop top is nicer for days out.

Thank you
Boosboy
Boosboy

Auto-Sleeper Model : Trooper 2001 (Blue)

Back to top Go down

T4 Trooper hard side pop top roofrack Empty Re: T4 Trooper hard side pop top roofrack

Post by Boosboy Sat Jun 02, 2012 6:14 pm

There are metal plates front and back on the roof, I could in theory test the canoe on those, but still need to find a way of strapping it down.
Boosboy
Boosboy

Back to top Go down

T4 Trooper hard side pop top roofrack Empty Re: T4 Trooper hard side pop top roofrack

Post by matty34 Sun Jun 03, 2012 9:11 pm

put one on mine had to drill through the roof bit scary! i carry 2 surfboards on top,i used chrysler grand voyager ones about £30 of ebay,my mate did his on a westy and carries a kyack,im away till sunday so will get some pics up if you like up!
matty34
matty34

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Trooper

Back to top Go down

Post by Boosboy Sun Jun 03, 2012 9:18 pm

Thanx Matty that would be great.

Our trooper is blue, has blue sides on roof but white on top, guess it helps with the heat, bit unusual. We are thinking of getting a 'H' heli decal for it.

Be great to see how the roofrack works, would complete the trooper.
Boosboy
Boosboy

Back to top Go down

T4 Trooper hard side pop top roofrack Empty Roof fixing Bars

Post by Ducki Mon Jun 04, 2012 5:39 pm

Hi Keep a eye on those fixing plates on the Trooper roof they expand more than the plastic in the heat of the sun breaking the seal and leading to water ingress so fixing canoes to it might not be a good idea. broomstick
Ducki
Ducki

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper Model : Trooper

Back to top Go down

Post by Boosboy Fri Jun 29, 2012 11:40 pm

Still thinking about this, not really got anywhere yet.
Boosboy
Boosboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Boosboy Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:05 am

What about the handy rack or similar inflatable roof rack? My canoe is an old town pack 14.9kg and only 12fy long and will be the one I use in the roof. Anyone had any experience with these racks? I see they are supposed to fit in the door frames, I could do this with the front doors, but what about the back? Not sure in threading it under the roof?

Any ideas?

I did see some foam blocks but again, it's tying the canoe down that I'm struggling with. If anyone can suggest options for tying the canoe down that would be great. The weather is better now so want to get on the river again :o)
Boosboy
Boosboy

Back to top Go down