The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Buying a used Duetto 1994-2000

3 posters

Go down

Buying a used Duetto 1994-2000 Empty Buying a used Duetto 1994-2000

Post by Paulmold Sun Sep 13, 2015 10:22 am

Found this recent article on Practical Motorhome website, may be useful to anyone in the market for a Duetto..

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Paulmold
Paulmold
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 73
Auto-Sleeper Model : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Buying a used Duetto 1994-2000 Empty Re: Buying a used Duetto 1994-2000

Post by macvanessa Sun Sep 13, 2015 10:41 pm

Hello Paulmold - that article is one of those that I had read before I posted on the forum last night, and it gave me second thoughts about replacing my 1996 Duetto
macvanessa
macvanessa

Female

Member Age : 68
Auto-Sleeper Model : temporarily not AS -
Vehicle Year : Vehicle

Back to top Go down

Buying a used Duetto 1994-2000 Empty Re: Buying a used Duetto 1994-2000

Post by Bulletguy Mon Sep 14, 2015 3:22 am

The only critic i'd add to that article is 1) passenger seat only swivels...not drivers, 2) "slick gear change"  scratch head .....i think they are confusing that with the later mk6/7 and the stubby dash mounted gear lever! Describing spares as "readily available" is a bit misleading in that the vast majority of mk5 spares are in Germany with Poland having a large source of reconditioned parts. Spares here in the UK are drying up.

The article is dated as August 2015 so i would have expected them to mention the Lucas Epic fuel pump which is no longer manufactured so if that goes bang, as mine did recently, you are well and truly stuffed until you find someone with the knowledge of modifying the Bosch mechanical pump. If it's a TDi you can't just shove a Bosch pump on as it won't work with the turbo without modifications. They should also have pointed out that some AS fittings for the Duetto are no longer available. Whilst the upholstery may look identical to another Duetto, chances are it won't be as AS purchased the cloth in batches so they didn't end up with rolls of surplus after the upholsterers had done their job. AS identified the exact cloth used in my van and they had just 2.5 metres left......so i bought it!
Bulletguy
Bulletguy

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Vanless

Back to top Go down