The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Transit Duetto: where can I get new baskets?

3 posters

Go down

Transit Duetto: where can I get new baskets? Empty Transit Duetto: where can I get new baskets?

Post by edmason Sun Aug 10, 2014 11:58 pm

My 1997 Duetto has fittings for 3 underseat baskets, (about 23" x 23") but only one came with the van when we bought it. Autosleeper  can't supply. Any ideas where to get replacements? They are such a funny size: a 60cm kitchen unit basket is too wide, and making a replacement drawer is awkward because of the limitations on space & access. Antone breakinmg a van & have baskets to sell? Any ideas welcome. Had really useful info here already. Thanks guys.
edmason
edmason

Male

Member Age : 69
Auto-Sleeper Model : Duetto

Back to top Go down

Transit Duetto: where can I get new baskets? Empty Re: Transit Duetto: where can I get new baskets?

Post by roli Mon Aug 11, 2014 5:18 am

Have a look in IKEA, you may get something close in size, as an alternative you could consider plastic bins
roli
roli

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick Duo
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Transit Duetto: where can I get new baskets? Empty Re: Transit Duetto: where can I get new baskets?

Post by edmason Mon Aug 11, 2014 6:40 pm

Tried IKEA. The problem is that the Autosleeper lockers are only 53cm wide, and all the IKEA ones are designed for 60 cm units and are 58cm wide. Also the IKEA baskets are much more flimsy than the original ones. Anyone know of an old Autosleeper van being broken?
edmason
edmason

Male

Member Age : 69
Auto-Sleeper Model : Duetto

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Mon Aug 11, 2014 6:49 pm

There are a couple of Talbot Autosleepers being broken on Ebay. Don't know if they had baskets but it must be worth asking..

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 73
Auto-Sleeper Model : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down