The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Transit - New Duetto ?

+2
roli
Hubert
6 posters

Go down

New Transit - New Duetto ? Empty New Transit - New Duetto ?

Post by Hubert Mon Jul 28, 2014 7:11 am

Like the look of the new Transit commercial van ( not the smaller T5 competitor)
Articles in the press give it a very good report, especially the cab and interior quality.
Always liked the Duetto being on the Ford base as an alternative to the ubiquitous Fiat/Peugeot and would therefore love to see a new version of the Duetto.
I would certainly buy one when the time came to change.

Anybody else care to air their views ?

Hubert
Hubert
Hubert
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 70
Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick Duo
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

New Transit - New Duetto ? Empty Re: New Transit - New Duetto ?

Post by roli Mon Jul 28, 2014 7:37 am

I think there are many who feel the same as you do but don't hold your breath (for the time being as far as AS are concerned).

There has not been mention yet of a replacement for the Pug X250 yet the new Fiat has been launched or who will be making it
roli
roli

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:00 am

The new Transit motorhome chassis is also now available, so any chance AS will develop a coachbuilt on the Transit once more? Chausson have the exclusive rights to build on it for one year, so AS should be developing it NOW. Also why not use the Renault Master for a van conversion, there must be an alternative to the Fiat/Peugeot stronghold.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 73
Auto-Sleeper Model : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by Spospe Mon Jul 28, 2014 3:19 pm

We have run Duettos for the last 13 years and 130,000 miles. Would love another Transit, as I find it a much nicer vehicle than the Peugeot with its multiple problems of leaking scuttles, dodgy earths, juddering clutches and very, very expensive parts.
Spospe
Spospe
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 80
Vehicle Year : 2014

Back to top Go down

Post by Hubert Tue Jul 29, 2014 7:22 am

roli wrote:I think there are many who feel the same as you do but don't hold your breath (for the time being as far as AS are concerned).

There has not been mention yet of a replacement for the Pug X250 yet the new Fiat has been launched or who will be making it

There was an article in Which Motorhome on the new models Fiat / Peugeot / Citroen. the photos show them to be similar as now with just differences to the lower front centre panels. Peugeot's statement in the article highlighted the improvements they have made to the Boxer.

I saw a new Citroen Relay version in Edinburgh recently being used as a rental van.

In an article in MMM, Autosleeper have said that they will concentrate on van conversions particularly on the Peugeot chassis (reducing the overall number of models inc coachbuilts)  .  They are hoping to have the new Peugeot vans at the NEC in October. They are not developing the VW range and will concentrate on the Mercedes Vito.

I am not hopeful of a new Duetto but live in hope that some day when AS sees other convertors using the Transit they might decide to do one.

Hubert
Hubert
Hubert
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 70

Back to top Go down

Post by roli Wed Jul 30, 2014 6:07 am

AS say the Sprinter is too narrow for a PVC but others seem to manage

The Renault has a very good reputation with the mini bus drivers and other Campervan Convertors use it.

No Fords, commercial decision by AS

There are many AS owners not replacing vans as they don't want to change marque and there is nothing to offer from them. Look at my avatar and spot the blue oval. There's one for a start that swop
roli
roli

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by geoff brooke Fri Aug 01, 2014 2:18 pm

would prefer the new transit anytime over the peugot !
geoff brooke
geoff brooke

Male

Member Age : 68
Auto-Sleeper Model : warwick duo xl

Back to top Go down

Post by daisy mae Fri Aug 01, 2014 9:36 pm

Pity they stopped using the VW `s  on my second one .

This week I was fleetingly considering a Peugeot  only because of the layout, the Talisman actually, just wished they had done that layout on a VW.

Last edited by daisy mae on Fri Aug 01, 2014 9:43 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : reason for considering another marque, fleetingly.)
daisy mae
daisy mae
Donator
Donator

Female

Auto-Sleeper Model : Hampshire Topaz
Vehicle Year : 2008 98

Back to top Go down

Post by geoff brooke Sat Aug 02, 2014 9:26 am

I agree

VW   Mercedes  Ford....all top quality products....yet AS  (top quality vans ) persist in this cheap commercial van aka Ctroen and Fiat also for all their campervans.
Continental makers (see them at dusseldorf show at the end of August ) produce excellent van conversions using VW Merc and Ford   with no problems and some very imaginative layouts.
geoff brooke
geoff brooke

Male

Member Age : 68
Auto-Sleeper Model : warwick duo xl

Back to top Go down