The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cylinders to fit '95 Duetto gas locker.

4 posters

Go down

Cylinders to fit '95 Duetto gas locker. Empty Cylinders to fit '95 Duetto gas locker.

Post by Janwood Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:12 pm

Hi, I have been using 2 x 3.9k propane cylinders with a manual change over.  In September's  issue of the Camping and Caravan Club Magazine, they strongly recommend that you do not change any gas cylinders inside the vehicle, caravan or tent.  I have now swapped the small cylinders for 2 x 6k lightweights and run a pipe through one of the air vents, into the wing space with a snap on connector similar to an air line and connect the bottles to this and secure the bottles to the rear wheel with a lock.  Has anyone come across similar problems with internal gas lockers?  Thanks Brian.
Janwood
Janwood

Female

Member Age : 79
Auto-Sleeper Model : Duetto

Back to top Go down

Cylinders to fit '95 Duetto gas locker. Empty Re: Cylinders to fit '95 Duetto gas locker.

Post by boxerman Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:44 pm

I've had my Symphony for 10 years, prior to that I had an RV50 for around 5 years. Both models have internal gas lockers. I have lost count of how many times I have changed gas bottles inside the van and yet, strange as it may seem, I am still alive and reasonably healthy.

Paranoia rules OK?

Frank
boxerman
boxerman
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 77
Auto-Sleeper Model : '95 Symphony
Vehicle Year : 1995

Back to top Go down

Cylinders to fit '95 Duetto gas locker. Empty Duetto gas bottles

Post by d.l.hunter Mon Oct 14, 2013 9:21 pm

I agree with Boxerman. I have had my Duetto five years and no problems. Just observe all the safety rules and you should be fine. One thing though. I use the 4.5 butane as I believe I get better value for money. Regards, David.

Male

Back to top Go down

Cylinders to fit '95 Duetto gas locker. Empty Re: Cylinders to fit '95 Duetto gas locker.

Post by Dutto Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:58 pm

Janwood wrote:...............   In September's  issue of the Camping and Caravan Club Magazine, they strongly recommend that you do not change any gas cylinders inside the vehicle, caravan or tent.  ................
Hi there,

There is absolutely no reason whatsoever why someone cannot safely change a gas cylinder inside a vehicle, caravan or tent.

ALL vehicles, caravans and tents are fitted with doors that should be kept open and ALL cylinders are fitted with valves that should be kept closed; when changing a cylinder.

If the valve is leaking on a full cylinder then this will become apparent when the plastic cap is removed and it should not be fitted to a regulator either inside or outside of a vehicle, caravan or tent; it should be returned to the manufacturer immediately.

When the connection has been made between the cylinder and the regulator it should be tested to ensure that it is not leaking.

This can be done by means of a bit of Fairy Liquid mixed with water and brushed on to the connection.  If bubbles appear then the connection is leaking.

If a leak is discovered then the valve should be closed and the system disconnected. It should only be reconnected after the problem has been identified and resolved.

Best regards,
drinksallround 

PS

In France and Spain hundreds of thousands of houses and apartments have gas cylinders in the kitchen to supply domestic gas.  They are changed many times each year with, as far as I know, very few mishaps.

Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down