The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

shower tray crack and leak from base of wall

3 posters

Go down

shower tray crack and leak from base of wall Empty shower tray crack and leak from base of wall

Post by moswald Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:32 am

My shower tray has developed cracks between the drainhole and wheelarch, The tray feels very soft around that area as if it wasn't well supported underneath.  I have also noticed a slight water leak from behind the shower wall, directly below the shower taps fixing. This runs onto the wheelarch and down into shower tray. It looks brownish and I notice it after driving but haven't been able to relate it directly, so far, to weather or use of shower.. It doesn't appear after washing the van.
I'm wondering if the water could have got under the shower tray and rotted the plywood(?) making it soft and causing the cracks.  Before I make time consuming investigations I wondered if anyone had any experience of this...?
moswald
moswald

Male

Member Age : 70
Auto-Sleeper Model : Symphony
Vehicle Year : 2000

Back to top Go down

shower tray crack and leak from base of wall Empty Re: shower tray crack and leak from base of wall

Post by Paulmold Tue Aug 27, 2013 11:16 am

Might be worth you reading this thread before you start dismantling.......

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

and please take a minute to say hello here.....

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Paulmold
Paulmold
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 73
Auto-Sleeper Model : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

shower tray crack and leak from base of wall Empty Re: shower tray crack and leak from base of wall

Post by moswald Tue Aug 27, 2013 11:41 pm

Many thanks - thats given me something to think about. I did refit the rubber moulding in the shower window the other day as it had been hanging down for some time. i wonder if water could have got in there...
moswald
moswald

Male

Member Age : 70
Auto-Sleeper Model : Symphony
Vehicle Year : 2000

Back to top Go down

shower tray crack and leak from base of wall Empty shower tray

Post by ubuntu1 Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:41 am

There are some excellent products that can help in these cases. The most important steps are to support the tray underneath, prevent any further damage and then repair the tray. Some of the chemicals are difficult to use and although its probably one for a workshop a competent DIYer could do the work.

Male

Member Age : 61
Auto-Sleeper Model : M/H engineer

Back to top Go down