The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

It's that time of year again Part 2

4 posters

Go down

It's that time of year again Part 2 Empty It's that time of year again Part 2

Post by Paulmold Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:24 pm

After buying your MH, there always comes the anniversaries of insurance, MOT and road tax. Well we had the insurance sorted before Christmas, the tax I managed to put off until June by only taxing it for 6 months last January, so just the MOT to do. Passed, thank goodness (didn't need any added expense) - no advisories.
Only dissappointing thing is looking at the mileage reading, I've only done 2500 miles in the last year (3500 previous year), we were determined to use it more this last year but I suppose we have had more nights away but have stayed closer to home due to cost of fuel.
While having the MOT done, I asked if I could have a look underneath to inspect the front cross-member for corrosion, as it's not structural and therefore not part of MOT, and delighted to say it was as clean as a whistle and so were the inner sills, so here's to the next 12 months. This years resolution - use it more!
Paulmold
Paulmold
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 73
Auto-Sleeper Model : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

It's that time of year again Part 2 Empty Re: It's that time of year again Part 2

Post by peugeotboxer Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:58 pm

Funny you should say that..................just had to fill in a 'low mileage' disclaimer for my insurance........couldn't believe we've only done 1200 miles in the past year.

New Years resolution.......must get out and use it more!!

PB
peugeotboxer
peugeotboxer
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Harmony
Vehicle Year : 2000

Back to top Go down

It's that time of year again Part 2 Empty Re: It's that time of year again Part 2

Post by Campievanner Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:22 pm

funny really, as we have decided to try to use ours less... this year, and try to use my little car to visit my mum etc (400 miles each way)

the main reason is the adverse reaction it had on our trade in value last time. we had done 66,000 in 6 years and found some dealers wouldn't even take it as a px !

strange really as the Ford servicing garage attributed some of the repairs over the years down to lack of use !!
Campievanner
Campievanner

Female

Auto-Sleeper Model : Stratford
Vehicle Year : 2012

Back to top Go down

Post by Dutto Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:42 pm

Hi there,

Following my "peas of mine" campaign I discovered that annual mileage affects the cost of European Breakdown Cover. wave

"Petal's" 2012 > 2013 MOT looks like coming out at +/- 13,000 miles but for 2013 we will probably get away with "less than 12,000 miles"! up!

Here's hoping it is somewhere near that figure 'cos then it means we were fit enough to at least try! allthumbz

By accident the 12,000 mile/annual service on "Petal" occurs in late October and the MOT is due in early May. This means that a mechanic gets to look her over just before we start our Spring/Summer adventures and again just before we start whatever we intend to do for the winter. up!

I just wish I could take credit for planning it that way! dont_mentionIt

Best regards,
drinksallround

Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Duetto

Back to top Go down