The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Length of time to get new part under warranty

+5
AutoSleepy_Don
Bertie2017
Gromit
herby660
johndean
9 posters

Go down

Length of time to get new part under warranty Empty Length of time to get new part under warranty

Post by johndean Fri Apr 13, 2018 4:49 pm

Hi 
My rear view camera packed up in March
Called Marquis (Tewkesbury ) early March to get it put right that was 3 weeks ago .
They said bring it in so they could confirm 
We took it in early March they stated yes you are right the camera doesn’t work
Comfirmed it was under warranty and said they will order a new one.
Nothing heard for 3 weeks so called them today 13/04/2018 asked why it was taking so long to get it fixed.
The lady said we will call you back shortly with an explanation on the case.
Never called me back, so called them this afternoon still no explanation when questioned they said it takes 6 to 8 weeks to get spare parts and the camera was on order and will be done when available, when asked when they could do it was given earliest date end of June , 
That will be 4 months from first contacting them.
Maybe I am expecting too much, 
What do others think.?
johndean
johndean

Male

Member Age : 77
Auto-Sleeper Model : Fairford
Vehicle Year : !2019

Back to top Go down

Length of time to get new part under warranty Empty Re: Length of time to get new part under warranty

Post by herby660 Fri Apr 13, 2018 5:06 pm

Took me 5 months to get replacement parts from Marquis. Dragged their heels in ordering. Autosleeper got involved 2 weeks ago and sorted the warranty item. Autosleepers are great to deal with.
herby660
herby660

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Fairford 2018
Vehicle Year : 2017

Back to top Go down

Length of time to get new part under warranty Empty Re: Length of time to get new part under warranty

Post by johndean Fri Apr 13, 2018 5:14 pm

Yes I only live 5 miles from auto sleepers but wanted to give Marquis benefit of doubt after having problems few years ago with them and their service dept wanted to be given another chance, I wonder if anything changed, doesn’t look good . Going away next week now without camera will check on return.
johndean
johndean

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Gromit Fri Apr 13, 2018 6:09 pm

johndean wrote:Yes I only live 5 miles from auto sleepers but wanted to give Marquis benefit of doubt after having problems few years ago with them and their service dept wanted to be given another chance, I wonder if anything changed, doesn’t look good . Going away next week now without camera will check on return.
Call in at A/S John, the personal touch is always best. No need to be overly critical of Marquis as I'm sure A/S know the score, but you could ask them to apply the toe of a boot where it's needed!  rolleyes 

I think the quality of Marquis branches must depend a lot upon the senior management at each one. Some of them have a very good reputation, while others do not. From personal, and close second hand experience, I would put the Tewkesbury branch in the "do not" category!

I'm equally sure you'll get decent service from A/S.
Gromit
Gromit
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 81
Auto-Sleeper Model : Nuevo EK LP
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:17 pm

Unacceptable, don't know why anyone even bothers with Marquis.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Bertie2017 Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:29 pm

My rear camera stopped working on our 2017 MH I call the dealer choose leisure in Canterbury took it in on the Monday it was back on the road on the Wednesday now that is looking after their customers
Bertie2017
Bertie2017

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Malvern

Back to top Go down

Post by AutoSleepy_Don Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:35 pm

I have asked about this before and I am always told that warranty has to go via your dealer.
I would love to go direct to AS, but seems it's not an option. Unless of course, someone knows different.

Would be interested to hear if any one has taken a warranty issue direct to AS without first going to their dealer.
AutoSleepy_Don
AutoSleepy_Don

Male

Member Age : 62
Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick Duo

Back to top Go down

Post by herby660 Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:51 pm

Your right. I had to ask Marquis to refer to Autosleeper via warranty claim form. I wish I could have bought direct from AS
herby660
herby660

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by AutoSleepy_Don Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:58 pm

IanH wrote:Unacceptable, don't know why anyone even bothers with Marquis.
It's because they're cheap, when buying a new van i.e. big discount. Otherwise your right.
It does pay to pick the right branch, I understand they vary a lot between branches.
AutoSleepy_Don
AutoSleepy_Don

Male

Member Age : 62
Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick Duo

Back to top Go down

Post by harrysp Sat Apr 14, 2018 8:08 am

We went direct to AS with a warranty claim. They booked the van in, but in the meantime we had to contact our dealer and ask them to submit a warranty claim to AS. This was the only contact we had with the dealer for that particular matter.

Harry
harrysp
harrysp
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 71
Auto-Sleeper Model : Former Broadway

Back to top Go down

Post by herby660 Sat Apr 14, 2018 8:52 am

That was the best thing to do. I did the same in the end.
herby660
herby660

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by breakaleg Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:32 am

Wouldn't be the Tewksbury Branch would it?
Bought our last van from them, didn't realise at the time it would be the very last van from them.
 Pete
breakaleg
breakaleg

Male

Member Age : 68
Auto-Sleeper Model : Nuevo Ek
Vehicle Year : 2021

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 15, 2018 12:04 pm

I do think it pays to consider not just the van you are buying, but also the dealer.  We live in Milton Keynes, our nearest AS dealer is Marquis in Northampton 9 miles away, but chose to buy it from SMC in Newark, 100 miles away.  A decision I dont regret - if it needs any work doing we just make it a few days away so not a great chore, and its done quickly.

Having said that our previous van was an AutoTrail - and that had equally long lead times for warranty repairs.  From spotting a damp external locker door, to getting it replaced was 5 months.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Gromit Sun Apr 15, 2018 12:26 pm

Outtheoffice wrote:I do think it pays to consider not just the van you are buying, but also the dealer.  We live in Milton Keynes, our nearest AS dealer is Marquis in Northampton 9 miles away, but chose to buy it from SMC in Newark, 100 miles away.
An excellent point, which some folk fail to consider when beating down a dealer at a show!

If you live in Cornwall it doesn't make much sense to buy from a dealer in Scapa Flow - even if he is a few quid cheaper.  shrugg

Likewise as you say, the reputation of the dealer is important. Yes Breakaleg, it was Tewkesbury this time (see original post) - from where a friend of ours fell into the "few quid cheaper" category. He was so pleased to get a bargain deal on a new van, until something went wrong. Fortunately he lived quite close so it was easier than it might have been, but in a nutshell they simply didn't want to know, and although under warranty they tried everything to avoid doing any more work than was absolutely vital.

As said before, I think it depends a lot on the management at individual branches, and some of them are not exactly shining lights!!
Gromit
Gromit
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by breakaleg Sun Apr 15, 2018 12:46 pm

we had to go from Birmingham to Tewksbury but now go to westcountry motorhomes and make a few days of it.
Pete
breakaleg
breakaleg

Male

Back to top Go down

Length of time to get new part under warranty Empty Interesting update to camera replacement

Post by johndean Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:50 pm

Update on this camera replacement or lack of replacement
Remember took Symbol into dealer March 1st for diagnosis 
Dealer said they ordered camera before we went home
Called dealer April 13th ( Friday )
Dealer stated they would check on case
Dealer stated camera not in yet
Dealer also stated it takes 8 weeks for delivery
Dealer stated we will call you later update on case
Dealer didn’t call back
Dealer booked in job for end of June ( no slot until then )
Called dealer today for update parts not in yet
Called Autosleepers today stated they couldn’t understand why I was having difficulties 
A/S also stated they keep the camera in stock and when a dealer puts in a warranty claim they can collect the camera next day
A/s stated they checked the dealer order and believe it or not the only ordered camera on the 13st April and they had the camera there with my reg on it but not collect by dealer.
They also offered to fit the camera on my return from holiday in a weeks time.
After talking to A/s calleddealer service manager who stated he couldnt understand whats gone wrong and stated he was going to A/s today and would collect the camera and call me back when he had done this,
You guessed it no call of message received 
So latest , going away in van tomorrow no camera and upon my return will start again to try and get job done
So much for good customer relations and service, I written e mail to service and awaiting replied.
I do
Not think it is a difficult to actually fit this camera.
All I can say is Mark and Alan at Autosleeps have been most helpful.
johndean
johndean

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Quilter Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:06 pm

johndean wrote:
So much for good customer relations and service, I written e mail to service and awaiting replied.

This is disgraceful. In the circumstances I’d go right to the top. Clearly your local Marquis branch are not fit for purpose and have lied to you to cover their failings.

Contact details for the CEO of the Trigano Group:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Quilter
Quilter
Donator
Donator

Female

Auto-Sleeper Model : Broadway EK TB LP
Vehicle Year : 2014

Back to top Go down

Post by breakaleg Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:11 pm

Nothing has changed then.
Pete
breakaleg
breakaleg

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by bobash Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:34 pm

Had problems with Marquis Tewkesbury 4 years ago. When they sold me the van the manager kept coming out of his office to make sure the salesman got a sale. When I went back with problems he never came out once even though I asked to see him. Too busy I was told. I took the van to their service depot with 8 faults and when I collected it was told all done but one which was the fridge not working on 12v and we have ordered a new relay. When I got home I found only one fault fixed. The manager at the repair depot said when I phoned him that they were all done because the fitter had signed his worksheet. After that the van went back to Autosleepers for the repairs to be done.  Problem with the fridge 12v plug not connected.
bobash
bobash

Male

Member Age : 78
Auto-Sleeper Model : Kingham
Vehicle Year : 2014

Back to top Go down

Post by Gromit Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:03 pm

johndean wrote:They also offered to fit the camera on my return from holiday in a weeks time.

All I can say is Mark and Alan at Autosleeps have been most helpful.
In your situation John, among other ( censored! ) actions I would take . . . .  First I would phone Marquis and tell them (not ask them) to leave your camera at Autosleepers.

A second call to Mark to take up his kind offer would ensure that you get it fixed in a week's time. Otherwise this could go on for ever.  shrugg

Your experience with Marquis Tewkesbury mirrors that of my friend, who almost came to admire the highly imaginative and seemingly endless excuses they came up with.

They must think people are stupid - or they are just too arrogant to give a damn.
Gromit
Gromit
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by johndean Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:50 pm

Hi Dave
My dear wife won’t get angry while we are away so we are going to have a few days enjoying break, then sparks will fly on return.
Having been a legal / technical consultant for Peugeot I think I know where this might go, by the way the service manager ( who is a sales manager doing a service managers job because their service manager left) stated he would call me back today, while you’ve guessed , he didn’t in fact they have never ever called me back.
johndean
johndean

Male

Back to top Go down

Length of time to get new part under warranty Empty update on camera

Post by johndean Fri May 04, 2018 7:08 am

just got back now from 2 weeks away in van, all went fine. E mailed Mark at A/S ref A/S fitting the new camera, called me 10 mins later and booked in next week can be done while I wait, now that's what I call customer care.
Mark stated the new camera was still with A/S even after Marquis Tewkesbury stated they were picking it up 2 weeks ago but were so busy they couldn't fit it until July.
never ever had a call back from Maquis after being told they would many times.
John Dean
johndean
johndean

Male

Back to top Go down

Length of time to get new part under warranty Empty Camera update

Post by johndean Thu May 17, 2018 5:05 pm

Mark fitted the new camera today took his team approx 1 hour , excellent service at Autosleepers service centre made very comfortable while we waited, had long chat with another Autosleeper who came all the way from London who were also very happy with the service centre. You can guess where the Symbol will be going for its hab service or anything else. Good to meet you Mark and thanks again for your speedy action.
johndean
johndean

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by herby660 Thu May 17, 2018 5:14 pm

Really pleased you got it sorted Mark and Alan are particularly very helpful and can't fault them for their service. They restored my faith in the van
herby660
herby660

Male

Back to top Go down