The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Heater Blower Problems

3 posters

Go down

Heater Blower Problems Empty Heater Blower Problems

Post by Dave 418 Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:48 pm

Just get off the CD fitting saga I have the reason for the heater only working on the third speed. It is the resistor block. wellhappy It is well hiden on my smiley face tug. It is fitted to the o/s/f inner wing behind all the soundproofing material. Aparantly it is not the best place to be fitted because the soundproofing keeps the cooling air off the resistor coils. When re-fitted it will be in a sensable place so it can be kept an eye on and not overheat. Some one mentioned there heater blower only working partialy, this could be the switch the acording to my tame auto electrician. If you ask the right profesionals you get the right solutions not rubish and riped off. winkin!
Dave 418
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 69
Auto-Sleeper Model : Rienza
Vehicle Year : 2005

Back to top Go down

Heater Blower Problems Empty Re: Heater Blower Problems

Post by -mojo- Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:19 pm

Ford seemed to realise late on in the Mk5's life that the location of the resistor pack was a bad design choice. On mine it's under the dash - which probably explains why mine is still working!

I'd concluded that the problem that I have with three speed settings working and the other three not is the switch - just something I've never thought a serious enough problem to get round to fixing...
-mojo-
-mojo-

Male

Member Age : 24
Auto-Sleeper Model : Trooper
Vehicle Year : 2006

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:59 pm

My heater fan only works on postion 4 hairdryer (2008 pug)

I've had the resistor replaced twice, £15 plus labour plus VAT.. The last time it went, I didn't bother getting it fixed.. There's so much noise in the cab when driving that having the fan on full-blast isn't that much of a problem.

--
ForresGeek
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by modelman Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:33 pm

Might be of interest as I've had several Transits, most had the 'resistor' probs & in every case, it was the soldered wiring joint that failed, easily fixed

by re-soldering smile!

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 78
Auto-Sleeper Model : Amethyst
Vehicle Year : 2003

Back to top Go down