The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duetto p4 space heater - problem

2 posters

Go down

Duetto p4 space heater - problem Empty Duetto p4 space heater - problem

Post by scovell001 Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:17 am

Hi to everyone ( and thanks for all you help, in advance),

My Carver p4, ignites, and blows cold air. But, when I press one of the heat settings it runs for a while (not producing any warm air) still blowing cold air, before shutting down.

The control unit flashes twice, which apparently could be a blocked flue or combustion motor failure.

Now, (excuse me if I'm being thick), but, there's the 2 inlet/outlet pipes inside the van, where the hot air is supposed to come out. But, are there any other inlets for any where else, that I should be checking?

scovell001
scovell001

Male

Member Age : 49
Auto-Sleeper Model : Duetto LE

Back to top Go down

Duetto p4 space heater - problem Empty Re: Duetto p4 space heater - problem

Post by Paulmold Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:25 am

Look underneath the drivers side sill towards the rear wheel and you will see two flexible pipes approx 1 1/2" diameter. The one nearest the front is the inlet pipe and the rearmost one the exhaust. If you can get an airline to them, give a good blast to clear any spiders webs or dust that may have accumulated inside. If the blower runs, give it time as it can take a good five minutes before you get warm air, providing it doesn't cut out again.
Paulmold
Paulmold
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 73
Auto-Sleeper Model : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down