The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Water in cavity under pull-down sink - Topaz

Go down

Water in cavity under pull-down sink - Topaz Empty Water in cavity under pull-down sink - Topaz

Post by Ann B Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:42 am

Just popped out to wipe everything down after our weekend trip and when I opened the cavity under the sink (and above the toilet) it had about an inch or so water in it.

Not sure if Mr B left the tap open after his wash (well it wouldn't be me would it? hugegrins ) but surely this would drain in the same way as if the sink was filled. We did have the pump on to clean the pipes before we came home and it was only after this that I found the open tap in the sink.

Can anyone help me with what could have happened. Have wiped it all down, felt under the sink and can't spot anything obvious - and the water was clean water.

Thanks
Ann
Ann B
Ann B
Donator
Donator

Female

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper Model : Topaz

Back to top Go down

Water in cavity under pull-down sink - Topaz Empty Re: Water in cavity under pull-down sink - Topaz

Post by Guest Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:38 pm

Ann
I suspect this is coming from the recess that drains the water away when the basin is tipped. To check you can remove the basin by pulling it part way down and pull it towards you. You will then be able to see inside the plastic recess cavity. At the bottom of this plastic cavity is a drain hole which can get blocked and not alllow the water to drain. Also check the plastic cavity is sealed correctly and isn't cracked. You can test it by pouring some water down it, having taken the storage panel off first to see if water is dripping through. Let us know how you get on.
John
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Water in cavity under pull-down sink - Topaz Empty Re: Water in cavity under pull-down sink - Topaz

Post by Ann B Wed Sep 26, 2012 4:10 pm

Thanks John. Have had a quick look and removed the sink. No water in the top recess and plughole looks OK but will check properly tomorrow (when it stops raining) and we can try pouring water in it. When I went back there seemed to be a bit more water at the bottom left hand corner of the bottom recess but this could have seeped back in from under the panel when I got rid of the first lot. The water looked clean rather than washing water, could it have come from a pipe?

Ann
Ann B
Ann B
Donator
Donator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 26, 2012 4:31 pm

Ann
Yes it could have come from a pipe as both hot and cold water pipes run to the mixer tap. You should be able to look up through the cavity with a torch and inspect the pipes. Feel along them with your hands or use a piece of kitchen towel which is excellent for finding water. If you run the taps you may find the leak. This could be at the tap connection of anywhere along the pipes. There will be two pipes one red and one blue cold , no prizes for guessing which is hot and cold. I have had the situation where A/S have placed a screw directly through a pipe on one of my vans (accidently of course) and amazingly it didn't leak. I couldn't live with it knowing it was there so I cut out the section of pipe and replaced it with a push fit conector.

If you can't find the source of water leak you could always take it back to your dealer for a warranty fix. I can't remember where you said you purchased your van from, but as you haven't had it long most dealers are pretty responsive.

Keep us updated

John

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann B Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:29 am

Pipes seem OK and no visible cracks. Andy (Mr B) tells me that when he had his wash and turned on the pump water was spluttering and hardly coming through, he thought it was because we had used the water we had put in.
Have done a bit of on-line searching and looks like it is air and a possible pipework prob. Looks like a trip back to Todd's for them to sort out. Thanks for your help.

Ann

PS - rang Todd's - booked in for next week
Ann B
Ann B
Donator
Donator

Female

Back to top Go down