The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Topaz kitchen sink window not the same as....

2 posters

Go down

Topaz kitchen sink window not the same as.... Empty Topaz kitchen sink window not the same as....

Post by Dai Jinks Tue Mar 02, 2021 11:00 pm

Hi all. Niggling thing I discovered today that my 1994 Topaz kitchen sink side window does not have the full use of either clear, mesh or black out blind option and lacks any clips to support these options., just mesh and black out.
All the other window screens in the van have the 3 choices . IS this meant to be or do I suspect it has been replaced at some point with a up dated or modified one.?
I would also like to renew the blackout blinds and service each unit for the future if anyone has experience with this process.
Just another day in camper care....

Many thanks
Dai
Dai Jinks
Dai Jinks

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : T4 1994 topaz 2.4 di
Vehicle Year : 1994

Back to top Go down

Topaz kitchen sink window not the same as.... Empty Re: Topaz kitchen sink window not the same as....

Post by Roopert Wed Mar 03, 2021 1:00 am

There is such a lot of variation during the course of production at A/S that I doubt you'll ever know for sure whether it was like that from the factory.

If you take a look at the interior photos of the 1999 Topaz on Ebay at the moment you can see that both sides appear to be the same? But who knows what was standard 5 years earlier?

I can recall when I owned a Flair which had the same design of blinds, one of them (the one on the sliding door) was a simpler design with fewer options - there seemed to be no reason. And that had been like it from the factory.
Roopert
Roopert

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Trooper
Vehicle Year : 2005

Back to top Go down

Topaz kitchen sink window not the same as.... Empty Re: Topaz kitchen sink window not the same as....

Post by Dai Jinks Wed Mar 03, 2021 7:56 am

Ah i see. I guess there's no reason not to replace the whole unit with a complete one, if I can get hold of one out there in Sleeper spares. They look easy enough to remove.

Any pointers where to reach for one of these units?
Dai Jinks
Dai Jinks

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : T4 1994 topaz 2.4 di
Vehicle Year : 1994

Back to top Go down

Post by Roopert Wed Mar 03, 2021 12:38 pm

Sorry, but my ownership of that van ended too long ago for me to be able to remember that level of detail. Seitz? Dometic?

I'm fairly sure that you haven't been able to buy that type new for many years, and even when you could, they were horrendously expensive for what they are!
Roopert
Roopert

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Trooper
Vehicle Year : 2005

Back to top Go down