The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bathroom window exterior seal Duetto

2 posters

Go down

Bathroom window exterior seal Duetto Empty Bathroom window exterior seal Duetto

Post by Tommy-Darcy Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:50 pm

I sent an e-mail to AS last week to enquire about the price and availability of the bathroom top window exterior seal as ours has gone hard and keeps popping out of the channel. No reply from AS as yet, but my question is, is it simple to fit or will I need some sealant to fix it with?

Or

Can I just use black gutter type sealant instead of the replacement AS seal strip?

Cheers

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 62
Auto-Sleeper Model : Duetto

Back to top Go down

Bathroom window exterior seal Duetto Empty Re: Bathroom window exterior seal Duetto

Post by Dutto Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:47 pm

Hi there,

We had "Petal" into AS last month and one of the jobs was to stop the shower/toilet window from leaking!

Apparently this style/size of window are not made any longer so AS had to do a "whip it out, seal it and stick it back in". It has worked wonderfully well and we no longer have a leak!

I presume that any competent DIY'er could do the same (which is why I asked AS to do mine!!).

If I was doing it myself I would use either Sikaflex 292 or Evostick "Sticks like Sh1t" rather than a black mastic. The reason being that many of the black mastics stay "flexible" for so long that they can't be touched for ages without breaking the "skin" and smearing black gunge everywhere!

By the way, it is more than likely that the "seal" that keeps popping out is just the cover that slides into a groove to hide the screws. This is not normally the cause of any leak and therefore a sealant has to be placed in the gap between the window pane and the rubber sealing profile.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,
drinksallround
Ian

Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Bathroom window exterior seal Duetto Empty Re: Bathroom window exterior seal Duetto

Post by Tommy-Darcy Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:58 pm

Yes my friend this does help. The seal is the one that covers the screws, we have no leaks (as yet) it is just that the said seal was flapping about in the breeze as we went out for a pootle the other day.

I will get some glue and stick it back in place with that allthumbz

Cheers bud smile!

Last edited by Tommy-Darcy on Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:59 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : miss wording)

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 62

Back to top Go down